LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

What Is the Identity of this Offense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm so frustrated! What are we? If something is working, why don't we stick with it? When we started the Bears game I thought, "Ok, we're using the pass to setup the run. Not a bad idea." It was actually working. I believe Alex Smith was 6-8 for 70 yards early on? Then after the INT, they totally deveated from the plan. How about a consistant offensive gameplan for once? Use more shotgun if we need to. Play to our players strengths. Give Alex time to get into a rhythm! Again, we are far too conservative. Jimmy Raye's play-calling is too predictable and inconsitant.
Turd polish
3 AND OUT AND PUNT.

INTERCEPTION.

FUMBLE.

SACK.

SACK AGAIN.

MORE SACKS.
Originally posted by PTulini:
I'm so frustrated! What are we? If something is working, why don't we stick with it? When we started the Bears game I thought, "Ok, we're using the pass to setup the run. Not a bad idea." It was actually working. I believe Alex Smith was 6-8 for 70 yards early on? Then after the INT, they totally deveated from the plan. How about a consistant offensive gameplan for once? Use more shotgun if we need to. Play to our players strengths. Give Alex time to get into a rhythm! Again, we are far too conservative. Jimmy Raye's play-calling is too predictable and inconsitant.

Shaun Hill agrees with you.
a west coast version of the spread offense with a supposed to b power running game that wins ugly like tonite's game vs the teddy grahams 10-6!

[ Edited by quatic on Nov 12, 2009 at 22:31:16 ]
Originally posted by Joecool:

I don't want to get in a Shaun Hill vs. Alex Smith debate. They both have their limitations. I'm questioning the play-calling and the lack of an identity.
An old man style offense.
play real offense in the first quarter, then run the same running play 40 times to run out the rest of the game
Originally posted by Joecool:

I don't want to get in a Shaun Hill vs. Alex Smith debate. They both have their limitations. I'm questioning the play-calling and the lack of an identity.

I realized this season is not going to be a playoff season once we threw 50 times last week when our run was producing 5.5 yards a pop.

It's simple: we don't have an identity. That's why we won't succeed in terms of wins this year.
The only consistant thing is the bad offensive line play

• TDking876
  • Info N/A
Whatever works.
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for znk916.
Sucky OL play.

[ Edited by znk916 on Nov 12, 2009 at 22:47:08 ]
Originally posted by znk916:
Sucky OL play.

totally agree with you. raye is confused. stick to what works idiot. he abandoned the pass too early. the first drive was nice, what the hell happened? what happened to crabtree? i enjoyed the early gameplan.
We don't have one...that's the problem. Putting up 10 pts and 216 total yds against Da Bears is just embarrasing. I'm tired of the excuses, tired of poor execution, tired of second-rate playcalling. No disrespect to Singletary, but I just don't see him leading us to the playoffs...and I definitely don't believe Raye has what this team needs. Even though it was a win, it was another loss for the offense. As good as the defense played, it was really Cutler who allowed us to win. We won't beat GB, 'Zona, Philly, Seattle, or even the Jags playing like this. Jed York, please end this insanity at season's end...hire an experienced NFL coach...Mike Shanahan. The man will fix our crappy offense...once and for all.
Share 49ersWebzone