LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 184 users in the forums

Two things about the niners that give me ulcers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
1. Whenever Morgan motions in behind the guard. It's ALWAYS a running play and rarely gets any yardage. If I was a defensive player and see that, it's an automatic run play to me. Seriously, I want to kill myself everytime that happens.

2. Inability to defend the screen. Somehow the 49ers seem almost always unprepared for the screen pass. Today was the worst, especially on that 3rd in 8 at the end of the 1st half that allowed the Bears to drive to kick a field goal. But screen defense has been flat out awful this season, and it makes me want to choke someone when I see another screen defense fail.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Only two for you? You're in better shape than me then.
Originally posted by dhp318:
1. Whenever Morgan motions in behind the guard. It's ALWAYS a running play and rarely gets any yardage. If I was a defensive player and see that, it's an automatic run play to me. Seriously, I want to kill myself everytime that happens.

2. Inability to defend the screen. Somehow the 49ers seem almost always unprepared for the screen pass. Today was the worst, especially on that 3rd in 8 at the end of the 1st half that allowed the Bears to drive to kick a field goal. But screen defense has been flat out awful this season, and it makes me want to choke someone when I see another screen defense fail.

I think they sent Morgan out on a playaction bootleg once.
Share 49ersWebzone