LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

We are 14-4 when Gore rushes over 100 yards

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Gore was unbelievable tonight. Pounding the rock, giving up his body, fighting for minimal gains, breaking off long runs, making guys miss. MVP tonight.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Gore was unbelievable tonight. Pounding the rock, giving up his body, fighting for minimal gains, breaking off long runs, making guys miss. MVP tonight.

Yeah. He needs to protect the ball more though.

yea these past two games hes looked pretty damn good. Looks like hes finally back at 100%
Originally posted by B650:

It's always been the one weakness Frank Gore has had... but he's better than he was at the beginning of his career.

Did anyone think it was funny that we ran four straight draws in a row, yet the Bears couldn't stop it?
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Originally posted by B650:

It's always been the one weakness Frank Gore has had... but he's better than he was at the beginning of his career.

Did anyone think it was funny that we ran four straight draws in a row, yet the Bears couldn't stop it?

Not really. The threat of the pass was still there, even though we didn't have a great passing day. Unlike the I-Form when the threat of the pass is non-existent lol
Which begs the question why doesn't he get the ball more...as for Raye, sorry, I'm not impressed. Agree, the OL's questionable, but it goes beyond that. The whole offensive mindset's not working...and that starts w/Singletary. He hired Raye to run a conservative offense...when that didn't work, they started spreading things out, and that did generate some momentum, but also some turnovers. Now 9 games into the season, I expected Raye to have made a lot more progress...true, it's not all his fault, much is in the execution, or lack thereof. Either way, we're not a good team...not when you struggle to beat Da Bears, a team that's had one of the most porous offenses in the league recently.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Which begs the question why doesn't he get the ball more...as for Raye, sorry, I'm not impressed. Agree, the OL's questionable, but it goes beyond that. The whole offensive mindset's not working...and that starts w/Singletary. He hired Raye to run a conservative offense...when that didn't work, they started spreading things out, and that did generate some momentum, but also some turnovers. Now 9 games into the season, I expected Raye to have made a lot more progress...true, it's not all his fault, much is in the execution, or lack thereof. Either way, we're not a good team...not when you struggle to beat Da Bears, a team that's had one of the most porous offenses in the league recently.

If Raye runs too much, he's being stubborn. If he spreads it out and passes, people complain that Gore should get the ball more.

It's pretty simple: we can't run the ball. We have to get creative in order to run the ball (see yesterday's game). Yes, we might get lucky and Gore might connect on a few 70-yarders here and there, but for the most part, we can't run the ball. I'd rather average a solid 4 yards a pop on most plays. We don't. I think we'll see Raye open it up a bit for Alex and run out of the shotgun more often. This will probably help our anemic run game out.
Share 49ersWebzone