LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

Bears game thoughts

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

that is awsome....
Originally posted by King49er:
last year we were 2-7 at this point, this year we are 4-5, no matter how ugly the wins are, I'll take em

But we'll still end up 7-9 or 8-8 at best.
Originally posted by King49er:
last year we were 2-7 at this point, this year we are 4-5, no matter how ugly the wins are, I'll take em

A win is a win. and b***hy fans are b***hy fans
Originally posted by redrathman:

For 16+ games every year since '81. Eventually, you start to notice trends...such as posters who don't respond to relevant topics except with a childish pic.

The trends I'm pointing out here have existed for 6 years now. Take your 35 posts on this board, walk away or post something resembling some insight of your own.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by redrathman:

For 16+ games every year since '81. Eventually, you start to notice trends...such as posters who don't respond to relevant topics except with a childish pic.

The trends I'm pointing out here have existed for 6 years now. Take your 35 posts on this board, walk away or post something resembling some insight of your own.

lol went right over your head
Originally posted by NCommand:
The sign of a maturing team is one that learns from it's mistakes and continues to grow even if a step back is taken from time to time, the general direction is still positive and the team moves forward.

But our Niners?

Same 'ol, same 'ol:
1. Pass rush - we still have no pass rush from the 4 most critical positions in the 3-4 and that is the linebackers (Willis is rarely used as is Spikes and Manny & Haralson are an embarrassment). And NO, their game against the run or in coverage isn't any different then any other 3-4 OLB in the NFL so quit with the pathetic justifications

2. Soft middle - we are TERRIBLE in coverage in the middle of the field and this includes Willis who just seems lost 90% of the time. TE's, RB's, any WR can be utilized by the opposition even if they just launch a Hail Mary up there

3. Short yardage/goal line offense & defense - can we actually get worse? We are! This is what defines your team and it's safe to say we have one of, if not the worst o-lines in the game and one of the worst d-lines within 10 yards of the endzone

4. Dumb - I can not tell you how many times over the years I've screamed at my TV, "That is just DUMB!" Whether it's a stupid penalty to keep a team alive, shoot ourselves in the foot, poor communication between the booth, coaches and QB & defensive captain, personal fouls, players popping off in the media, critical turnovers, poor defensive and offensive calls, game-plans or zero halftime adjustments, the theme that keeps coming up is that we are DUMB! We are just not a smart team. Period. I'm still waiting for the day we outsmart an opponent on any level. This DUMB-theme starts at the top and works its way all the way down to the water boy (who'd I'd start today at our WILL spot)

5. Talent evaluation - from piss poor drafting to the average FA market pickups, big contracts, ignoring critical needs at critical positions, to few upgrades to project players, poor special teams, etc. this is why after 6 years, we are STILL rebuilding and have the same questions we did 6 years ago

These seem to be the 5 themes that exists every single year that never seem to be answereed or addressed. If we are ever going to take the next step, win this division and get to the playoffs, all five need to be addressed IMHO.

Thoughts?

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
Share 49ersWebzone