LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Dont blame Alex Smith...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Apone
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
Alex was terrible. He looked scared to throw the ball down the field after the int. He is garbage and everyone should know this by now. You need to make plays at QB and he does nothing more then hand off and throw under 10 yard outs. He has no vision, locks on to 1 receiver and pretty much decides who he is throwing to before taking the snap. The sooner we move on the better. There is no way you can tell me Hill would have been worse last night. I don't understand why Nate keeps being made inactive. I would really like to see him in there to see what he's got.

He didn't look scared. The offensive line looked very shaky, and as Millen pointed out several times, that the WR's were being draped by the bears secondary. And you want to put a rookie QB, whose had some decent throws against 3rd stringers people who are no longer in the league while were in a playoff hunt????
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Because the guy sucks at improvising. I don't think Alex has a high ceiling. Yeah, he's a smart guy and yes he's got a decent arm, but when his plays don't develop the way they should, Alex can't pull magic out of his ass like Joe, Steve, and at times Jeffy could.

Wow, alex sucks at improvising. You MUST not have been watching the same game. You didnt see how many times when under pressure he had the quick pitch. To Gore, to Robinson. Then escaped almost I think 3 sacks, because he kept the play goin on with his feet. So i think u were watching the wrong game yesterday

I agree, Jersey9er. There were at least three plays in which Alex definitely improvised, turned nothing into something. For him to complete 70% of his passes with that offensive line is impressive.
Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:
Because the guy sucks at improvising. I don't think Alex has a high ceiling. Yeah, he's a smart guy and yes he's got a decent arm, but when his plays don't develop the way they should, Alex can't pull magic out of his ass like Joe, Steve, and at times Jeffy could.

Wow, alex sucks at improvising. You MUST not have been watching the same game. You didnt see how many times when under pressure he had the quick pitch. To Gore, to Robinson. Then escaped almost I think 3 sacks, because he kept the play goin on with his feet. So i think u were watching the wrong game yesterday

I agree, Jersey9er. There were at least three plays in which Alex definitely improvised, turned nothing into something. For him to complete 70% of his passes with that offensive line is impressive.

if alex smith was so trusted by our offensive coordinator they wouldn't have ran the ball 8 times in a row (one shuffle pass to michael robinson) with 9 minutes left in the game with the score 10-6 WTF!
Originally posted by alanbeez22:
Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:

if alex smith was so trusted by our offensive coordinator they wouldn't have ran the ball 8 times in a row (one shuffle pass to michael robinson) with 9 minutes left in the game with the score 10-6 WTF!

that drive won us the game! We took like 6 min off the clock!!
Originally posted by Ninerman49:
I hope he turns it around so all the haters out their can eat their words and shut it

Unbiased huh??

Get off his nutz already! The defense gave him 5 extra opportunities to do something with the ball and how many points did he get us??

Yey! Go Alex!! I'm waving my imaginary pompoms!! And am hypnotized by your zombie-looking eyes!

Alex was horrible against the Bears. He could not do anything! Looked like he had NO confidence and was not going through his progressions. He missed seeing 2 WIDE OPEN receivers in the end zone and just threw the ball away instead!!

Yuck!
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
BUT IT FUN TO BLAME HIM FOR EVERYTHING...HELL Y STOP AT FOOTBALL!?!?!?!!?

My friend lost his wallet last night....I blame Alex Smith.....
  • Twister68
  • Info N/A
Luckily da Bears have Jay Cutler. He is the best young QB in the league, a franchise player. Why don't we have such a great passer who doesn't make mistakes and gets points on the board. Cutler doesn't throw stupid picks and will beat Alex Smith every single time they play each other.

p.s.

I've noticed that number of idotic haters increases here day by day. Just read the whole topic and you know what I mean.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by KALI-KING:
That dep throw was not Alex's fault, Crabtree was turned the wrong way, and then slipped.

He overthrew him, bad!

overthrew him or under-threw him? you alex smith haters have to make up ur minds..

it seems that you guys are putting crabtree on a pedestal... I love him too, but that play was a rookie mistake im sorry.. if the play wasnt there he should have at least knocked the ball away and not slipped and just given the guy the interception

A QB has got to put the ball in a position where he can catch it. Alex did exactly that. In this case, the receiver was Zack Bowman.

lmao... ur a funny guy.. you should watch that play buddy.. when alex threw it, crabtree kept running like alex was punting or something.. it seemed like he never even tried to make a play on the ball... or he probably tried but slipped doing so.. same thing happened to jay cutler.. his reciever slipped and it was an easy pic for the niners..

Crabtree kept running because he expected the ball on his other shoulder.

exactly... and it wasnt... does that translate too.. keep running? umm no it doesnt.. it means get ur but back and make a play and not hand it over to that DB..

a perfect throw is not gonna come every time.. even payton manning overthrew a wide open reggie wayne for a td that he never got.

when alex was throwing beautiful balls to VD noone was complaing.. not many quarterbacks can throw those consistently but it seems alex has... so why do you keep nitpicking at the bad ones?

Crabtree had that, "Oh s**t it's underthrown!" moment, which is why he slipped.

Either way, the ball was underthrown which means it was a BAD throw.

exactly... he should anticipate that and make a play... not stumble
I disagree. But then again the zoners will make excuses tillhe is traded. Since he is part of the team still i'll play along. I was excited a little to see Smith, i'm over it.

Go Niners!!

Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
I hope he turns it around so all the haters out their can eat their words and shut it

Unbiased huh??

Get off his nutz already! The defense gave him 5 extra opportunities to do something with the ball and how many points did he get us??

Yey! Go Alex!! I'm waving my imaginary pompoms!! And am hypnotized by your zombie-looking eyes!

yes, unbiased... two years ago i was the one saying that he is done and over with.. the only reason im in his corner now is that the guy can make the throws.. and you all can see it.. there is glimpses of greatness in him.. it was the same for steve young too.. they both lost alot to start. Steve young then learned to win and did it well.. i think we should listen to his old coach urban and let him learn
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame

Unbiased huh??

yes, unbiased... two years ago i was the one saying that he is done and over with.. the only reason im in his corner now is that the guy can make the throws.. and you all can see it.. there is glimpses of greatness in him.. it was the same for steve young too.. they both lost alot to start. Steve young then learned to win and did it well.. i think we should listen to his old coach urban and let him learn

No
Originally posted by luv49rs:

Unbiased huh??

No

y not? please enlighten me
The interception ball was underthrown, but Crabtree should have played it better. It's on them both. Unfortunately it only negatively impacts the QB's stats.

And as for the defense's 5 take-aways last night, you can only count 4 of them as opportunities for the offense because the last one was as time expired. Yes, we still should have scored more.

[ Edited by GBNinerFan on Nov 13, 2009 at 09:40:38 ]
  • Luca
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Apone:
He had an OK game. He looked good on the first possession moving us nearly 80 yards. I think he was able to make some plays with his feet with the "shovel" passes, and on the screen play. That INT, didn't bother me. You throw it up, hope your guy makes a play and if not they (bears) get the ball on there 15-20.

Agreed.
Share 49ersWebzone