There are 167 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

playing not to lose almost cost the niners

our offense has trouble executing, they are sloppy, the players need to get better. The coaches did not call a conservative game...alex has to play better as well...ugh its not that hard to figure out.

[ Edited by WestCoast on Nov 12, 2009 at 21:13:07 ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners94:
I'm going to enjoy this win and stop complaining, but it's hard not to. Go Niners!!!

Looks like the defense is going to have to play awesome every week to compensate for Raye's pea-shooter offense.
So you want the offense to open it up like last week and watch stupid mistakes happen. We are not built like the pats and Alex can't throw it 45 times a game.

People then start b***hing about it and want a more conservative offense. WTF!! Make up your mind.

I'm glad they toned it down and allowed Gore to run it out in the 4th quarter and play some defense. I'll take a ugly ass win over a fancy offensive game that results in a loss.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
playing not to lose is our thang. in case you haven't noticed yet. See Vikings and Colts game.

and Titans

playing like this works 1 out of 4 times.

for those who don't believe me see years 2006-2008

[ Edited by babbabooey on Nov 12, 2009 at 21:21:46 ]
When the drive started the D was getting pressure and stopping the Bears cold then they switch to a soft zone underneath and it almost cost us the game. Why switch when being successful?
why not keep it real. Sing and Nolan were not morons. I know some of you like to believe otherwise but they are not stupid.

There is only 1 reason to play not to lose as a matter of philosophy.....just 1.

When you don't think your team is very good.

Thats the truth guys; time to accept it
Originally posted by danimal:
why not keep it real. Sing and Nolan were not morons. I know some of you like to believe otherwise but they are not stupid.

There is only 1 reason to play not to lose as a matter of philosophy.....just 1.

When you don't think your team is very good.

Thats the truth guys; time to accept it
We won this one. This young team has to learn o put a team away when they give you a chance. The coach must also have trust in his players to do this.
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
playing not to lose is our thang. in case you haven't noticed yet. See Vikings and Colts game.

Get a lead no matter how small and then hang on , very impressive
You play to WIN the game!
Its either we're playing not to lose, or our offensive line is so putrid, that we have to fake an offense just so we can back into wins. Or flat out lose. At this point in the season, someone has to be held accountable, like Greg Forester, and be fired. We cant keep sitting on this. A shakeup is needed, to wake this team up. The war is not over. We need to get these guys to play better, pick up assignments, and play as a unit. I have no doubt a good coach can at least get these guys to look respectable and get 1 yard push when needed, and hold the pass rush for at LEAST 4 seconds. This is getting so old.
Originally posted by niners94:
I'm going to enjoy this win and stop complaining, but it's hard not to. Go Niners!!!

I'm taking this approach too.

I felt what we did was fine though at the end. It just really hurt us that Alex couldn't get that TD pass on third and goal.

Even the best offenses have trouble in the red-zone. When you have an anemic offense like ours, we don't even get as many opportunities. But the Red-Zone is important. I forgot when, but the Chargers/Patriots playoff game a year or two ago was a good example of this. Both teams were moving the ball REALLY well. The difference between the two was that the Patriots scored TDs while the Chargers kicked FGs.
Other than the falcons and Rams game, does it not seem that we either play up or play down to the level of our opponents? Wassup with that??? I bet we play the packers close and maybe even pull out a win. It appears we play better on the road.
Originally posted by plinius9mm:
So you want the offense to open it up like last week and watch stupid mistakes happen. We are not built like the pats and Alex can't throw it 45 times a game.

People then start b***hing about it and want a more conservative offense. WTF!! Make up your mind.

I'm glad they toned it down and allowed Gore to run it out in the 4th quarter and play some defense. I'll take a ugly ass win over a fancy offensive game that results in a loss

Boy do I agree! That last drive the niners had, the one that ate up 6 minutes of clock. Even though it didn't get us any points, it did its job and ate away at the clock

GUYS, WE WON. STOP B***HING