There are 69 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

playing not to lose almost cost the niners

not going aggressively for a td after gore's run inside the 10 yard line in 4th quarter was the approach a losng team takes....and it almost cost niners the game
You must have so much fun being a football fan! Quit finding reasons to b***h and enjoy a win. It's like all the people b***hing when we were 3-1, yeah, we lost 4 in a row, but some of us were happy watching football until that losing streak, and can be happy now. Ya sorry ass b*****ds.
This has happened in several games this year, Im am telling you this is on the head coach!

We need to stop blaming everybody but the man in charge.
Originally posted by Winners:
You must have so much fun being a football fan! Quit finding reasons to b***h and enjoy a win. It's like all the people b***hing when we were 3-1, yeah, we lost 4 in a row, but some of us were happy watching football until that losing streak, and can be happy now. Ya sorry ass b*****ds.

You must not know football, yes we won but this team is bad. Or are you drinking to much kool-aide and using rose colored glass.
I blame Andy Lee!!!
I'm going to enjoy this win and stop complaining, but it's hard not to. Go Niners!!!
Originally posted by leakyfausett:

You must not know football, yes we won but this team is bad. Or are you drinking to much kool-aide and using rose colored glass.

I know football. I know that this team held Peyton Manning, who is having playing lights out football, to zero touchdown passes. I know this team has held 5 of the top 10 running backs to less than 130 yards a game (and all but one under 90). I know that it took a Favre miracle for the second best team in the NFL to win the game, and a halfback pass trick play for the third best team int the NFL to beat it.

I know that this team has amazing offensive weapons like Crabtree, Gore and Davis. I know that this team has one of the top 5 front 7's on defense in the NFL. I know that our 80 million dollar star cornerback is injured, yet we got 5 INTs tonight.

I know that the 49ers have been in the game, every game, but the Falcons one, and I know I love being a fan of the team, and love when they win.

What do you know about football.

oh please we are a proud franchise with 5 superbowl rings and havent seen playoffs in 7 years, we are more concerned about making the playoffs this year then a win over a crappy team, and we should be concerned about struggling against a BAD team.
conservative football was killing me. glad we came out with the W
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

oh please we are a proud franchise with 5 superbowl rings and havent seen playoffs in 7 years, we are more concerned about making the playoffs this year then a win over a crappy team, and we should be concerned about struggling against a BAD team.

Jerry Rice and Joe Montana aren't here anymore, deal with it. Quit looking at the past and look towards the future. We have a great young team, and we have a head coach that is passionate about the game. We won tonight, why not enjoy it? Why continue to b***h?

Also, we could still make the playoffs. We beat Arizona, and win one more game then they do in the next 8, and we're in. Why be a fan at all if you're going to be a sad sack b***h about it?
And the worst thing about it is that we've been playing not to lose since at least 2001 under Mooch. Remember the Bears game in 2001 and all the talk thereafter about how we lacked a killer instinct?

One would think that Sing, of all people, would bring a killer instinct with him; if anything, it's actually gotten worse this year.
They played Cover 4 the whole way down the field. Cutler had his pick of the open guys that he wanted to throw to.

Lucky that Culter sucks and the field was shortened, because they definitely played to lose there.
playing not to lose is our thang. in case you haven't noticed yet. See Vikings and Colts game.
  • nooj
  • Veteran
Originally posted by leakyfausett:

I know football. I know that this team held Peyton Manning, who is having playing lights out football, to zero touchdown passes. I know this team has held 5 of the top 10 running backs to less than 130 yards a game (and all but one under 90). I know that it took a Favre miracle for the second best team in the NFL to win the game, and a halfback pass trick play for the third best team int the NFL to beat it.

I know that this team has amazing offensive weapons like Crabtree, Gore and Davis. I know that this team has one of the top 5 front 7's on defense in the NFL. I know that our 80 million dollar star cornerback is injured, yet we got 5 INTs tonight.

I know that the 49ers have been in the game, every game, but the Falcons one, and I know I love being a fan of the team, and love when they win.

What do you know about football.

If I can interject for a moment, I may not know as much as you, but I do know you just listed every excuse in the book. Who cares if we kept Manning to zero TD's, we lost the game!

Favre's miracle pass was setup by the offenses' inability to get a first down.

We kept 5 of the 10 top rbs under 130 yards, yet last week the Titans were sealing the edge consistently and allowed Chris Johnson to run all over us.

And btw, injuries are part of the game and no team is immune to this. So injury to Clements, just another excuse.

I'm happy with the win, but let's not get carried away here. Any decent offense would have scored a TD on the last drive. Just be thankful for the pickfest that was Cutler.
I hate the playing not to lose also but, for a little perspective, Bill Walsh used to drive me crazy doing much the same thing. My business partner at the time (a Raider Fan)
and I used to talk about it at work all the time how once the Niners would get a lead Walsh would go into conservative mode and absolutely drive me crazy.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home