LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

Glad we finally got a win, but who's fault is it for our offensive struggles?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Glad we finally got a win, but who's fault is it for our offensive struggles?

• Mex49
Where is the GM option? We had a second round pick that really could have made a difference to our squad this year.

Having said that. Coaching
Originally posted by plinius9mm:
What about giving some credit to the bears #12 ranked defense.

Nope we can't give them credit cuz they lost.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Mex49:
Where is the GM option? We had a second round pick that really could have made a difference to our squad this year.

Having said that. Coaching

But now we have 2 #1s' for next year. Scott better find a guy as big as the Maginot Line or there will be hell to pay. Just so long as he blocks better I'll be happy.

~Ceadder
I hate to complain after a win. This was a ugly win but a win nontheless and it doesn't go into the books as a ugly win. Our offense is gonna have to wake up. The line has to play better and the playcalling, well, I don't know if the playcalling can improve with Jimmy Raye calling the shots. I honestly think that if the line can improve and give Alex some time that he will take care of himself and make better decisions. I think Alex would improve himself if he has time to at least make a couple of reads.
Its the offensive line all the way. But I blame Jimmy Raye too, for not pulling out some quicker developing plays. Martz had that quick pass play, that hit the receiver in stride, three yards past the LOS, that usually worked well. We did O.K. with that one wildcat play last night. Alex isnt helping the situation being hesitant. He has to stop being a fair weather QB, and take what he's got, by running some more. There were receivers open, but no time to throw. Singletary needs to watch this unit in practice a little closer. Somebody needs to be held accountable for this Oline, and maybe make a change now. It could be any worse. The plays were fine, the execution by the line is our demise.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Eddie D and Joe Montana
I have to say all of the above. If the Niners are going to finish with at least a 500 record, they can't continue to play like they did last night. Without Frank Gore we lose this game despite the effort of the defense...........
Wow, finally some positive results. It's funny almost 60 percent blame Raye, and the O-line. At least that means they were actually watching the game. I bet you the 6%, are the same smith haters, and hill lovers, that was talking crap since kickoff. I'm not gonna say too many names, but i bet thats who voted against smith. Just sad
  • titan
  • Veteran
It's there own fault they are getting trucked!
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I won't blame Alex, I will blame the O-line first, then Jimmy Raye. If the O-line blocks well, even the most vanilla running play will get 4 yards. I don't understand running Gore up the middle so many times, seems like they did that a dozen times at 1-2 yards a crack. I think my 6th grade flag football team had more innovative play calling. Plus 4 in turnovers and win by 4 points? A win is a win, but that doesn't bode well for the future.

I think everyone can take a share of the blame for the offense not being very effective, but there is a lot of room for improvement, hopefully we hit our stride soon, but we gotta take care of business and beat up the packers
Well, the line played poorly; Alex was less than spectacular; on the interception, did anybody else notice the defender jumping, going after the ball, while our receiver waited for it to drop to him (or was I seeing things)?; but I think it was said best on Mike & Mike this morning, it looked like they were afraid to let the QB do anything, they act like they have no confidence in him. You can’t “hide” a quarterback. Frankly, I don’t know if Alex Smith can or cannot play well, because it doesn’t look like they ever really let him play. Is that Sing or Raye making bad decisions, or is their apparent lack of confidence justified? I mean seriously, the offense looked more varied and complex during the pre-season when Nate Davis was the QB, and I thought they were supposed to have “simplified” the play calling for him. If that was a simplified offense, what the hell do we call this?
the answers always Jimmy Raye
Originally posted by global_nomad:

Why would you bump a year old thread?

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by global_nomad:

Why would you bump a year old thread?

-9fA

looks like it could be from last week doesn't it?
Share 49ersWebzone