There are 358 users in the forums

Glad we finally got a win, but who's fault is it for our offensive struggles?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Glad we finally got a win, but who's fault is it for our offensive struggles?

Raye, OL, and Smith isn't the answer.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
mix between o line and raye run run pass and in pass alex has no time and HAS to go out of the pocket most of the time i miss staley so much

Staley? Sims had a good game.

Snyder was awful, once again, Baas also got beat on a couple of plays, and Heitmann wasn't blocking that well when Alex wasn't in the shotgun.

Rachal had a pretty good game overall, I only saw him get beat once I believe...

ya but over the course of the game i did not see alex have a time where he can stay in the pocket for more than 3 seconds. I have to rewatch the game but smith needs more time to be a good QB i bet brady would suck under this o line as well
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
first 3

i agree a thousand percent
i am amazed that people are bashing smith after this game. he throws for over 60% completions, looked great on the first drive(which was killed by the WR's, OL, and K) and tsolid after, the pick was bad yes but then playcalling ties his hands. If the OC puts people in the right situation(the shotgun) we have a better chance at winning and oc did not do that this game. How you can put anything on Alex smith this game is beyond me.
You need to but the head coach on that list. He is suppose to be in charge of this team, and it is apparent he is loosing control...

That game should have been a blow out...
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Passing Cmp Att Yds TDs
A. Smith 16 23 118 0

All with very little time and crappy play calling. Alex looks good in the shotgun and we can run out of the shotgun. It is the coaches job to put the players in the best position available but the don't they put our player in a bad position.

The frauds have no idea how to coach. Or we would be so SO much better
  • ZRF80
All 3. We're stuck with Rye as long as Sing's our coach, but I sure as hope we find another QB and oline this offseason...
well the 5th INT won us the game!...so really the 1st 4 INTs....we did a bad job in converting those into points....but a WIN is a WIN!....
OL was pretty bad but would have liked to see Smith spread the field a little more
  • Apone
  • Veteran
O-line, Synder is putrid-he was constantly getting beat. Both Bass and Richal gave up sacks way to many pressures on the inside-all the reason why we should of kept Smiley. Honestly besides Crabtree and VD there really isn't any serious threat among the other TE's or WR's.

We need to be throwing the ball down the field and running the ball.
Offensive line.

When Barry Sims has been your best lineman, you've got problems. Chilo and Snyder were horrible tonight.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
All 3. We're stuck with Rye as long as Sing's our coach, but I sure as hope we find another QB and oline this offseason...

you are so set on your hate, you are seriously blind, this is exactly the saem situation as JTO, when you proclaimed how great he was, and how he was a better QB then A.S. Imo you shouldnt even be allowed to talk about QB's after that. You have already staked your claim on what a good QB is..JTO is what you consider a good QB. A.S threw one pick tonight for JTO that would of been an amazing game, lets keep standards even and impartial, dont be so blantantly obvious, its like watching krizay bash VD. its dumb. Now, go cheer for JTO, since you can obviously tell the difference between the answer at QB and a scrub backup.
Alex isn't driving the team as he should be. He still seems to be too indecisive.
Anyone who thinks Smith was the reason for the struggles tonight either doesnt understand football or just wasnt watching. The main culprit is Jimmy Raye. That may have been one of the worst game plans and play calling I have ever seen.

Secondly, this game should reinforce to everyone that our OL just sucks. HORRIBLE is the only word you can use. This line needs a complete overhaul. Go spend big bucks and sign Logan Mankins and use 2 of our first 3 picks on an OT and an OG. I am just sick of watching a line that cant protect and cant run block.
Share 49ersWebzone