There are 197 users in the forums

What did we learn from this game?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ZRF80:
that we can barely compete with the worst ranked teams............

Like Indy?
Originally posted by Redeemer:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
that we can barely compete with the worst ranked teams............

Like Indy?

yea, indy sucks. boo. so does minnesota.
When Josh Morgan goes in motion and squats behind the tight end, we're running it. Think we've done that play 50 times this season and everyone see's it coming. Same old zero yard run.
Originally posted by WkendWarrior:
1. Jimmy Raye should go coach pop warner football cuz thats the only place his playcalling will work.

[b]2. Our defense is horrible at the end of the half and the end of the game[/b]

3. Playoffs? not this year.

are you kidding me? it is the hardest thing for a D to stop a team at the end of the game when they get no help from the o. don't say anything bad about our d after that game.

we suck, and it's all about the o. the d is playoff caliber. our offense, and it starts with the line, is horrendous.
It confirmed the Bears are a crappy team...and that we're not much better. It was fugly...for both teams. Sure, the 5 picks are nice, but it took evey one of them to secure the win. Once again, we left at least 10 pts out there...against virtually any other QB, we lose that game. This game confirmed what I've been calling for for weeks now...that Singletary's not the guy to lead this team to the playoffs. It's not al him, either, but he's the one who hired Raye, who should have progressed the offense a lot more than he has. I'm tired of this crap...I really am. At this rate, I see us finishing 6-10, 7-9, best. GB, Philly, 'Zona sure losses...I'm not even confident we'll beat Seattle or the Jags. Hate to be a downer, but that's what I'm seeing...time for a sweeping change after this season. Fire Singletary, Raye, and start fresh w/Shanahan, a guy who's all about offense and a proven winner. I'm done w/rookie head coaches...and growing very weary of the lack of commitment by ownership to do whatever it takes to get a winner back on the field. I love this team...and it sickens me to continue to see them struggling, just to beat a bad football team.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
It confirmed the Bears are a crappy team...and that we're not much better. It was fugly...for both teams. Sure, the 5 picks are nice, but it took evey one of them to secure the win. Once again, we left at least 10 pts out there...against virtually any other QB, we lose that game. This game confirmed what I've been calling for for weeks now...that Singletary's not the guy to lead this team to the playoffs. It's not al him, either, but he's the one who hired Raye, who should have progressed the offense a lot more than he has. I'm tired of this crap...I really am. At this rate, I see us finishing 6-10, 7-9, best. GB, Philly, 'Zona sure losses...I'm not even confident we'll beat Seattle or the Jags. Hate to be a downer, but that's what I'm seeing...time for a sweeping change after this season. Fire Singletary, Raye, and start fresh w/Shanahan, a guy who's all about offense and a proven winner. I'm done w/rookie head coaches...and growing very weary of the lack of commitment by ownership to do whatever it takes to get a winner back on the field. I love this team...and it sickens me to continue to see them struggling, just to beat a bad football team.

They're not that bad. Cutler has been responsible for 2 or 3 of their losses with horrible INTs. They DID beat the Steelers in Week 2.
The Bears are a bad football team right now...and by us struggling to beat them 10-6, what does that make the Niners? It's not good, any way you slice it. We "almost" beat the Vikes and Colts, but it doesn't count...woulda, shoulda, coulda...that's getting pretty old, isn't it. No more excuses...no more crappy playcalling...no more inept offense. If you asked Singletary right now if he felt lucky to win this game, he'd most likely say "yeah". The defense played well, but still almost lost it at the end. Bly was very nearly the goat...we had 'em stopped on 4th down and he extends the drive by illegal contact. Good teams don't make plays like that...we're not a good team yet, and I'm tired of waiting for this "transition" to happen.
  • B650
  • Veteran
The Bears are a bad football team right now...and by us struggling to beat them 10-6, what does that make the Niners? It's not good, any way you slice it. We "almost" beat the Vikes and Colts, but it doesn't count...woulda, shoulda, coulda...that's getting pretty old, isn't it. No more excuses...no more crappy playcalling...no more inept offense. If you asked Singletary right now if he felt lucky to win this game, he'd most likely say "yeah". The defense played well, but still almost lost it at the end. Bly was very nearly the goat...we had 'em stopped on 4th down and he extends the drive by illegal contact. Good teams don't make plays like that...we're not a good team yet, and I'm tired of waiting for this "transition" to happen.

The reality is we don't know how good we are yet. We lose by 4 points to Indianapolis on the road and 3 points to the Vikings, again on the road, then we beat the Bears and Cardinals by 4 points. Winning isn't easy in the NFL. Yes, it was sloppy, but the losses to the Vikings and Colts were sloppy. Even the best teams have sloppy wins. In 1994, we beat the Lions, 27-21. We lost to the Eagles, 40-8. Somehow, we beat Dallas twice and ended up in the Super Bowl. You never know. Just because we weren't able to destroy Chicago, doesn't mean that we're headed nowhere.
I wish I could share in your optimism, I really do. The only thing we have going for us is being 3-0 in the conf, but we're two games behind 'Zona. We won't beat them again...and we won't beat Philly or GB, either. I'm not comfortable thinking we can even beat Seattle or the Jags. We can't continue to be so inept on offense...it just won't get it done. The defense can only hold off teams for so long...it took a last second pick of Cutler to win tonight's game. I know this team's capable of competing with the big dogs...but, at some point you have to start winning some of those games and I'm doubtful they can do it, given Singletary's penchant for a conservative offense and Raye's underwhelming playcalling.

What makes you think Shanahan will even come here

• NP9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheCatch:
Originally posted by danimal:
absolutely nothing. Same Niner football, I am use to it now.

I am so tired...of saying this same s**t! We need Gruden! I cant watch this kind of football much longer!

What, You don't like watching coach Pom Pom look confused, scared, and excited all at the same time?
Face it people Pom Pom Man is not an NFL Headcoach!
I learned that Adam Snyder is a backup.

Gore runs well without a fullback.

Jimmy Raye gets gun shy and goes from aggressive to passive in an instant.

Our front seven is REALLY good.

Crabtree has stickum in his hands and has ballerina feet.

It's hard to tackle Vernon Davis when you hit him high.

Parys Haralson needs to step it up on the pass rush, or else Ahmad Brooks is going to take his place.

Our ILB depth is pretty good with McKillop and Wilhelm.

Aubrayo Franklin should be in the Pro Bowl this year.

Patrick Willis is ... well, we already know about him.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

Parys Haralson needs to step it up on the pass rush, or else Ahmad Brooks is going to take his place.

We can't cover TEs.

Our coaching staff gets soft in the 4th quarter (when it matters most).

I'm tired of our prevent defense. I'm tired of our prevent offense. Let's try to score and keep playing the defense that we played all game long. If we held them to 6 points, we're doing something right. Why change it? Hopefully, this mentality changes. We have to play to win. I'm not talking about going up there after the game and telling the fans that you're playing to win. I'm talking about ACTIONS in the 4th quarter that SHOW us that you're playing to win. Come on coaches: wake up.

[ Edited by B650 on Nov 13, 2009 at 01:54:29 ]
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

Acutally Snyder is a Guard and not a Tackle. He's played well in the past at Guard but never played super at Tackle.
Share 49ersWebzone