There are 177 users in the forums

What did we learn from this game?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pogity:
Originally posted by GEEK:
As an Alex Smith supporter for 5 years...

We need a new QB with POCKET PRESENCE

He's much improved in this area. Give him a break.

We need a POCKET FIRST in order to have a QB with pocket presence. Dude has like 1.5 seconds to throw. Every play, his OL is collapsing like they just felt the Holy Ghost inside of them.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

I was an Alex Smith fan and supporter going into the game and I was happy when Raye took the game out of Smith's hands. After Smith threw that INT, he struggled badly and I can't blame Raye for not putting the game into his hands.

Im not giving up on Alex quite yet, we still have 7 games but I was dissapointed with his performance tonight. He just seems to go into a shell when he throws an INT or something goes wrong.

We didn't even throw the ball after that. s**t, we had 3 or 4 drives in that game where we did the Hostler(TM). Tired of run run pass punt. Puts way too much pressure on Alex when we do that s**t.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by obx49:
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by 49ersfan80:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by winner21:
We've learned that the football novices need to lay off of Alex Smith.
The offensive line is terrible. Smith has no time to throw. Homers need to watch more games than just Niner's and see how much time the Big Ben's, T Brady's or even Vince Young's have to throw. Smith doesn't even have time to go through his progressions.
Jimmy Ray's offense is less dynamic than what I ran in junior high.
Good teams go for the jugular they dont try to run the clock out (Pittsburgh last week)
This team is still building and still trying to find that chemistry...its coming though...

+1

When is the last Alex Smith had a 300yd game? And don't tell me he hasn't had the opportunity.

Alex Smith's main problem is that he is a mediocre QB with a bad offensive line and a worse offensive coordinator.

Agreed! Alex Smith had a good opportunity last week vs the Titans to really take this team to the next level with a good performence, but he was a complete failure. I'm not saying that the OL is any good, but it sure as hell wasn't the case last week. We all saw Alex of what he really is....A BUST!!!! Sorry to break the news to all the Alexcuses fans.

You probably thought Vernon was a bust too.

May 4, 2009 at 16:52:23

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHA...Vernon Davis would eat Pascoe for lunch. The reason Vernon Davis hasn't been productive is because our QBs haven't been productive (when is the last time we've had a 1000yd receiver?) or in the rare time when they are productive he's pass blocking?

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=123919&highlight=obx49

Ouch! Try again.

You proved that you think Vernon is better than Pascoe. Ouch. Is that all you have?
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Nothing we didn't already know. Our O line sucks and our QB sucks.

If Jay Cutler doesn't throw that INT to Franklin, we would've lost this game.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:

What about if Nedney makes his FG? Or what if Crabtree's catch was actually called correctly? We won a close one. I think we deserved a close one after the losses we had against the Colts, Texans, and Vikings.
How teh hell is holding a team to 6 and creating 5 turnovers bad D.
This game confirms what we already know. The defense is a better squad than the offense. The offense really has a hard time getting into a rhythm, but look good in flashes. Their lack of consistency through 60 minutes is keeping them down as a middle to lower tier team in the NFL.

What about if Nedney makes his FG? Or what if Crabtree's catch was actually called correctly? We won a close one. I think we deserved a close one after the losses we had against the Colts, Texans, and Vikings.

Or what if Crab's catches that 2nd and 7 slant which he dropped by the red zone? Can't believe he dropped that s**t lol
Originally posted by Method:

Or what if Crab's catches that 2nd and 7 slant which he dropped by the red zone? Can't believe he dropped that s**t lol

Well, considering they stuffed us for the most part in the red zone, they would have probably stuffed us again.
Redzone was trouble today, but I can't remember running a single play action down there. Alex has played well with the play action before, we can't only pass out of the shotgun, we have to get DBs to bite on the run and go pass some.

Originally posted by djfullshred:
This game confirms what we already know. The defense is a better squad than the offense. The offense really has a hard time getting into a rhythm, but look good in flashes. Their lack of consistency through 60 minutes is keeping them down as a middle to lower tier team in the NFL.
That Alex is a bust
  • obx49
  • Veteran
The offensive line is terrible. Smith has no time to throw. Homers need to watch more games than just Niner's and see how much time the Big Ben's, T Brady's or even Vince Young's have to throw. Smith doesn't even have time to go through his progressions.
Good teams go for the jugular they dont try to run the clock out (Pittsburgh last week)
This team is still building and still trying to find that chemistry...its coming though...

+1

When is the last Alex Smith had a 300yd game? And don't tell me he hasn't had the opportunity.

Alex Smith's main problem is that he is a mediocre QB with a bad offensive line and a worse offensive coordinator.

Agreed! Alex Smith had a good opportunity last week vs the Titans to really take this team to the next level with a good performence, but he was a complete failure. I'm not saying that the OL is any good, but it sure as hell wasn't the case last week. We all saw Alex of what he really is....A BUST!!!! Sorry to break the news to all the Alexcuses fans.

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHA...Vernon Davis would eat Pascoe for lunch. The reason Vernon Davis hasn't been productive is because our QBs haven't been productive (when is the last time we've had a 1000yd receiver?) or in the rare time when they are productive he's pass blocking?

Ouch! Try again.

You proved that you think Vernon is better than Pascoe. Ouch. Is that all you have?

Go back and read the thread, everyone was hating on Vernon Davis hence the "HAHAHAHAHA." It might as well have been "The Vernon Davis haters thread." I could have easily jumped on the haters bandwagon and said that Pascoe was going to be the next Mark Bavro and Vernon is a bust, but instead I supported Vernon Davis. I wanted to go back even further to look for another supporting statement that I made about Vernon earlier than what I found, but the threads don't go beyond May. In any case, I've always thought that Vernon Davis was going to be great, he is too athletic and talented not to be.
Only question that has been answered to me is that the Niners are just 4 pts better than a horrible Bears team that gave them 5 turnovers.

Other than that, there are still so many questions unanswered, primarily on the offensive side of the ball.

I'll take the W though.
  • B650
  • Veteran

+1

Quote:

Ouch! Try again.

Go back and read the thread, everyone was hating on Vernon Davis hence the "HAHAHAHAHA." It might as well have been "The Vernon Davis haters thread." I could have easily jumped on the haters bandwagon and said that Pascoe was going to be the next Mark Bavro and Vernon is a bust, but instead I supported Vernon Davis. I wanted to go back even further to look for another supporting statement that I made about Vernon earlier than what I found, but the threads don't go beyond May. In any case, I've always thought that Vernon Davis was going to be great, he is too athletic and talented not to be.

OK, well maybe you believed in Vernon, but my point is that a lot of people on this board gave up on Vernon. A lot of people in N.Y. gave up on Eli. I just think it's too soon to give up on Alex. If he doesn't get it together by the end of the season, I'll probably give up on him, although without an OL even great QBs look bad.
Share 49ersWebzone