LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

What did we learn from this game?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We learned that:

- Our secondary can't tackle and Cutler made our secondary look really good because we do not have a playmaker abck there despite the 5 picks.
- Our linebackers can cover
- Our d-line is still lacking a pass rusher
- Our o-line is terrible
- Vernon Davis should shut the hell up
- We are an undiciplined team - too many dumb penalties and celebrating down 14 points with under 2 minutes remaining.
- The league now has game film on Smith and he's way to mechanical and predictable
- Singletary is way too conservative
- Jimmy Ray's offensive philosophy was inspired by Vince Lomabardi
Our front seven is stout against the run. Wilhelm stepped in for spikes and there was not a drop off. Brown and Spencer are decent corners. Bly can still play.

And before I forget. Jones is not the answer as a punt returner.

[ Edited by fister30 on Nov 12, 2009 at 21:33:19 ]
What did we learn?

That we won.

I am proud to be a San Francisco 49er.
Originally posted by obx49:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by winner21:
We've learned that the football novices need to lay off of Alex Smith.
The offensive line is terrible. Smith has no time to throw. Homers need to watch more games than just Niner's and see how much time the Big Ben's, T Brady's or even Vince Young's have to throw. Smith doesn't even have time to go through his progressions.
Jimmy Ray's offense is less dynamic than what I ran in junior high.
Good teams go for the jugular they dont try to run the clock out (Pittsburgh last week)
This team is still building and still trying to find that chemistry...its coming though...

+1

Cutler had 300 (plus 5 picks) and lost. Alex had 286 last week (3 picks) and lost. I'll take the 118 with the win.

When is the last Alex Smith had a 300yd game? And don't tell me he hasn't had the opportunity.
Originally posted by skibeerski:
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by eastie:
That we need an O Line and a QB.

Qb is ok just o line

Seriously, can you Smith haters just shut up tonight and not blame him. The offense struggles were not on the QB tonight. The oline was horrible.

Are you kidding me? Smith should have had one more INT (Bears penalty) and could have had another (Blocked pass in the air at the line). He threw one ball right at the defensive lineman, missed TWO open receivers in the endzone - Davis and Morgan - and hs the pocket presenc of a two year old girl. Yes the o-line sucks, but Smith sucked also.

are you kidding??

Smith could've had 10 INTS!!!!

that one pass to crabtree where no defender was in 3 yds of him...what if Smith overthrew that??

the one smith threw out of the endzone...what if there was a bear defender in the stands???
Originally posted by WkendWarrior:
1. Jimmy Raye should go coach pop warner football cuz thats the only place his playcalling will work.

2. Our defense is horrible at the end of the half and the end of the game

3. Playoffs? not this year.

Jimmy Raye is working with a pop warner offensive line and a quarterback who goes into a shell when he throws an INT
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
1. Jimmy Raye should go coach pop warner football cuz thats the only place his playcalling will work.

Jimmy Raye is working with a pop warner offensive line and a quarterback who goes into a shell when he throws an INT

Is it the Qb or the OC that goes into the shell after a pick?
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersfan80:
The offensive line is terrible. Smith has no time to throw. Homers need to watch more games than just Niner's and see how much time the Big Ben's, T Brady's or even Vince Young's have to throw. Smith doesn't even have time to go through his progressions.
Good teams go for the jugular they dont try to run the clock out (Pittsburgh last week)
This team is still building and still trying to find that chemistry...its coming though...

+1

When is the last Alex Smith had a 300yd game? And don't tell me he hasn't had the opportunity.

Alex Smith's main problem is that he is a mediocre QB with a bad offensive line and a worse offensive coordinator.

Agreed! Alex Smith had a good opportunity last week vs the Titans to really take this team to the next level with a good performence, but he was a complete failure. I'm not saying that the OL is any good, but it sure as hell wasn't the case last week. We all saw Alex of what he really is....A BUST!!!! Sorry to break the news to all the Alexcuses fans.
  • B650
  • Veteran

+1

Alex Smith's main problem is that he is a mediocre QB with a bad offensive line and a worse offensive coordinator.

Agreed! Alex Smith had a good opportunity last week vs the Titans to really take this team to the next level with a good performence, but he was a complete failure. I'm not saying that the OL is any good, but it sure as hell wasn't the case last week. We all saw Alex of what he really is....A BUST!!!! Sorry to break the news to all the Alexcuses fans.

You probably thought Vernon was a bust too.
  • marls
  • Veteran
I thought Smitty played well. We just got really conservative. The "O" needs to show up but, it will. Doesn't happen overnight. We are only going to get better. I like the direction.

Originally posted by marls:
I thought Smitty played well. We just got really conservative. The "O" needs to show up but, it will. Doesn't happen overnight. We are only going to get better. I like the direction.

This the same Nolan team, just a different dress.

No way we make the playoffs. FIVE interceptions and we barely won the game (more like the Bears lost it).
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

Is it the Qb or the OC that goes into the shell after a pick?

I was an Alex Smith fan and supporter going into the game and I was happy when Raye took the game out of Smith's hands. After Smith threw that INT, he struggled badly and I can't blame Raye for not putting the game into his hands.

Im not giving up on Alex quite yet, we still have 7 games but I was dissapointed with his performance tonight. He just seems to go into a shell when he throws an INT or something goes wrong.
  • Pogity
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by GEEK:
As an Alex Smith supporter for 5 years...

We need a new QB with POCKET PRESENCE

He's much improved in this area. Give him a break.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by B650:

+1

You probably thought Vernon was a bust too.

May 4, 2009 at 16:52:23

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHA...Vernon Davis would eat Pascoe for lunch. The reason Vernon Davis hasn't been productive is because our QBs haven't been productive (when is the last time we've had a 1000yd receiver?) or in the rare time when they are productive he's pass blocking?

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=123919&highlight=obx49

Ouch! Try again.
Share 49ersWebzone