Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by eastie:
That we need an O Line and a QB.

Qb is ok just o line

Seriously, can you Smith haters just shut up tonight and not blame him. The offense struggles were not on the QB tonight. The oline was horrible.

He didnt exactly light things up, you know........just because he's not the number one factor in the loss tonight doesnt mean he wasnt a factor at all........

If you can't see that not all the 49ers problems are because of Smith then I'm not sure what the point is of debating anything with you. Smith wasn't the problem tonight.

If you guys really want to pursue an attack on him tonight you are way off base.

Again, he wasnt the number 1 factor............but let me ask you, Rodgers has the worst oline in the NFL, yet he still moves the pocket and puts points on the board. Why is that so ?

Let me answer for you, cause I know you'll use one of the following:

A) cause Rodgers doesnt have Jimmy Raye calling plays
B) cause Rodgers has a better supporting cast
C) cause Rodgers plays on a better field with good grip for cleats
D) cause Rodgers isnt 25 years old
E) cause Rodgers jersey stripes on his sleeve arent bothersome as Smith's are.

1 you dont watch GB games if you actually think he has the worst OL in the league.

2. Aaron Rodgers sacks are a result of aaron rodgers hodling onto the ball longer than 5 seconds, more time than not.

3. Aaron Rodgers is the most sacked QB in the league and he just lost to Tampa Bay so he puts points on the board and beats good teams how?
Cutler is horrible, I mean seriously horrible.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

He is worse than Alex and that is saying something.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Well we already knew, but we were reminded how bad our offense is.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

He is worse than Alex and that is saying something.

Are you a 49ers fan? You are bashing the starting QB of your team. WTF?
I can't wait until davis gets a shot at QB.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:

Qb is ok just o line

Seriously, can you Smith haters just shut up tonight and not blame him. The offense struggles were not on the QB tonight. The oline was horrible.

He didnt exactly light things up, you know........just because he's not the number one factor in the loss tonight doesnt mean he wasnt a factor at all........

If you can't see that not all the 49ers problems are because of Smith then I'm not sure what the point is of debating anything with you. Smith wasn't the problem tonight.

If you guys really want to pursue an attack on him tonight you are way off base.

Again, he wasnt the number 1 factor............but let me ask you, Rodgers has the worst oline in the NFL, yet he still moves the pocket and puts points on the board. Why is that so ?

1 you dont watch GB games if you actually think he has the worst OL in the league.

2. Aaron Rodgers sacks are a result of aaron rodgers hodling onto the ball longer than 5 seconds, more time than not.

3. Aaron Rodgers is the most sacked QB in the league and he just lost to Tampa Bay so he puts points on the board and beats good teams how?

You're joking right ? The GB Packers are on pace to break the NFL record for sacks given up by the oline, and you think its because Rodgers holds on to the ball too long ? Earth to nvchamp, Rodgers is 2nd in the NFC in passing yards and had a QB rating above 100. He's only thrown 5 INTs. You dont put those kinds of stats up by "holding on to the ball too long".

As for losing to TB, please. Dont try to find a needle in a haystack to prove your point.
Nothing that we ddn't already know

o-line can't pass block though run blocking is getting better, we are Philadelphia Eagle like in our inability to convert short yardage plays, Raye and hostler are two sides of the same coin, playing not to lose looses games and our two minute defense blows.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
Well we already knew, but we were reminded how bad our offense is.
We learned that as soon as alex throws a pick, raye puts the training wheels back on.

Qb is ok just o line

You're joking right ? The GB Packers are on pace to break the NFL record for sacks given up by the oline, and you think its because Rodgers holds on to the ball too long ? Earth to nvchamp, Rodgers is 2nd in the NFC in passing yards and had a QB rating above 100. He's only thrown 5 INTs. You dont put those kinds of stats up by "holding on to the ball too long".

As for losing to TB, please. Dont try to find a needle in a haystack to prove your point.

there is a reason he has only 5 ints and that many yards, bc his Oline protects him and gives him time to throw, if you think it is bc he moves the pocket then you are straight out ignorant. He gets all day to throw, alot, watch the games, I will break down his last game just like I did last game, where our QB was under pressure in under 4 seconds 87% of the time, the NFL standard is to give you QB 5 seconds. I would put my job on the line the Aaron Rodgers gets not just better protection than Alex Smith but susbstantially better protection then ALex Smith and gets 5 seconds to throw the ball on over 50% of the time he drops back. you either dont watch their games or are completely oblivious.
There was a Quote from (I think it was dan marino) that said (and I'm paraphrasing) The jimmy raye said alex smith had absolutely no trust in the coordinator. He's never had any trust in any of the o-lines they've put in front of him.

1-What I learned from this game is that all of that is still true. His pocket presence declines as the the game goes on because the protection is constantly declining.

2- Gore has no room to run.

3- The offensive line rarely if ever gets to the second level.

4-Crabtree and hill are for real.

5- Morgan needs to put it all together because him paired with crabtree and hill as the #3 could be a devastating trio for years.

6-Brown deserved his extension

7-Franklin deserves an extension (nothing like seeing a big boy make a play)

8-Smith is better than hill! Had hill played there would have been 9 men in the box 90% of the time.

9. We need to consider getting another kicker. Nedney's early miss put to much pressure on the D at the end.

10. Singletary needs to Tell Ray to add more to the Offense.

There are more but I think this is enough. Honorable mention- A young team playing 2 games in 5 games = sloppy. lets see how they handle GB with more than a week off. Rodgers vs Smith. 05 draft revisited.
horrible play calling and a weak offensive line. alex had no time to pass and more than half of gores runs were less than 2 yards. its so easy to tell when raye is going to run it or pass the ball.

Qb is ok just o line

Rodgers does hold onto the ball to long. It's the way he plays, almost always on the move trying to make something happen. Most times he makes something happen (hence his passing stats), but alot of times he gets gets caught before he can get rid of the ball.

--Our defense played well, but the truth is Cutler gift wrapped this win and handed it to us on a silver platter with a cherry on top. And whipped cream. Served by a really hot stripper.

--Forte has not been able to run against ANY defenses this year except Cleveland's, so stopping him does not put us in elite company, just in regular old company.

--Smith is just plain mediocre and is not the QB to lead us to the playoffs

--3 points from our offense: 'Nuff said

--simply put, Gore is a man among boys on our offense...unbelievable talent surrounded by, um, er.....some dudes wearing red jerseys

--Singletary is learning on the job and making some bonehead decisions while he does
Share 49ersWebzone