LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

I Want a New Kicker Next Season!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
a kicker you guys are amazing. This guy has been nearly perfect for us since he got here. People are b***hen because it was a close game. If we would have won by 30 nobody would be talking about a missed field goal

Granted i was pissed when it happened, but every player on the team makes mistakes, some more than others.

If we look for a kicker maybe sign an undrafted rookie next year and let him compete, if he wins the job then great it didn't cost us anything.

But i will take Nedney until proved otherwise.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Missed a field goal let's fry him! Seriously? I like Nedney and I still appreciate what he has done for our team! People seem to forget how horrible our Field goal kickers were before Nedney came.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by luis1985:
He is old and sucking this season. Needs to be replaced.

Ummmmmm I'm going to try some logic here...

If you're old and sucky Kicker ain't making a chipshot FG after making 50 straight; then MAYBE you should be moving the ball and getting it to the Red Zone, so you don't HAVE to rely on the old and sucky Kicker?

I would have much rather seen us go for it on 4th rather than come away with nothing. See that was the time to Run the Tazer. But with someone who actually PLAYED the QB position, rather than someone who caught Passes from a QB.

And WTF?!? How does Hill not get on the field when he caught TWO scores last week? Sullivan needs to be lined in front of a Firing Squad.

~Ceadder

common sense please sullivan the guy can play!!
  • jaghetersofie
  • Info N/A
Hadn't he hit 50 straight before that miss? We should probably get rid of Gore too since his fumble could have cost us the game.

[ Edited by jaghetersofie on Nov 13, 2009 at 08:15:46 ]
I can't believe this even made it to 4 pages...
Low on the priority list IMO. We need a more consistent offense to make our FG kicker less relevant.
Also, did you guys see Andy Lee at the end punt in the endzone, not inside the 20? Let's cut him too...
Does anyone remember Wade Richey, or how about Jose Cortez? Nedney has had an off year so far but he was do for a dry spell, he'll be fine.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
I can't believe this even made it to 4 pages...

Indeed. NT at its finest.
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

The guy kicks 50 straight field goals inside of 40 50! You know how hard that is to do? I want to know how many other NFL kickers in the league today have done that maybe a handful.

50 of 51 inside the 40 well nobodies perfect!

If you want to b***h talk about Crabtree dropping the 1st down pass inside the 10

Absolutely

Nedney misses 1 FG inside of 40 yards in 51 attempts and a thread is created, heck the miss didn't even cost us the game?

There are plenty of "Real" needs on this team that should be addressed Kicker or punter is far from being one of them.

This thread should be locked for lack of merit

• WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
It's way too premature to give Nedney the hook. He'll just go to Seattle or Arizona and kill us.

Nedney and Lee are solid.

Old kickers don't necessarily lose their accuracy anyway, their leg strength diminishes. That hasn't happened with him.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NINERFORLIFE12:
a kicker you guys are amazing. This guy has been nearly perfect for us since he got here. People are b***hen because it was a close game. If we would have won by 30 nobody would be talking about a missed field goal

Granted i was pissed when it happened, but every player on the team makes mistakes, some more than others.

If we look for a kicker maybe sign an undrafted rookie next year and let him compete, if he wins the job then great it didn't cost us anything.

But i will take Nedney until proved otherwise.

This
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Uhm..kicking is the least of this team's concerns.

Nedney is solid.
Originally posted by PTulini:
I don't care! Missing that kick was inexcusible. Joe Nedney doesn't have it anymore.

This is kind of a knee-jerk reaction.

Remember Jose Cortez and Jeff Chandler?

Good kickers aren't all that easy to find. Joe missed a kick, it happens. He makes most of them.

Check out how well he's played for us:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/N/nednejoe01.htm
Nedney is way down the list on things that need to be fixed on this team. Although he's been playing real well this season, I think Andy Lee had an off night last night. I hope he's back to his old usual self next weekend.
Share 49ersWebzone