There are 121 users in the forums

Strong armed loser vs. the noodle armed winner!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by unst4http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/images/buttons/left.gifbl3:
Alex bandwagon still rollin.

are you ready for the collision ?
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Pin the loss last week on the defense. They gave up 27 points to the Titans.

People are focused on the turnovers, which is a problem. But....the defense giving up 27 points????

To be fair to the defense the turnovers put them on a few very short fields.

And, instead of stopping the team to force a field goal, the defense allowed two TD's from outside the red zone.

Of the three turnovers that were not returned for a TD, the Niners gave up 17 points (2 TD's and a field goal). Only one of those drives began inside the 30 yard line.

In other words, they couldn't stop anyone in the second half. Tennessee also scored on an 81 yard drive.

Maddog, I would like to start by saying I agree completely, and ask that you as another impartial party here, play devils advocate and tell me what does Shaun Hill offer us when the defenses he is playing are so simple and he misreads them/can't beat them bc they shutdown exactly what he does so easily...what does he really offer us over A. Smith? How does he beat the defenses that Houston and Atlanta presented him? I dont see it, was wondering perhaps if I am missing something.

The 2 of you agreeing........hell most of frozen over

Contrary to popular belief I like Maddog, simply have trouble with the way he presents things sometimes.

NV, i respect your posts very much, and the same goes for MD's posts and knowledge. However I'm loosing my mind sitting here and reading all this support for Smith. You don't have to like Hill, fine, lets not go down that avenue, but what is there to like about Smith??? I've never heard of a QB throwing so many interceptions, having so many fumbles, and loosing so many games, with such knowledgeable people supporting him. You would think he's been winning superbowls for us the way he gets talked about here. I get why he's starting, I understand we need to see what we have in him. I also understand that he's got some physical tools, and I understand that he shows flashes of competence and can toss it over 15 yards...sometimes even to our own players...but has he really done enough for you to look at him and say "This is the guy that I want to be the new Quarterback face of the San Francisco 49ers?" Where have our standards gone?!?!?!?!? Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are good enough to carry on the 49ers QB tradition....Alex Smith is NOT!!! Can we at least agree on that? We should do better, and next year we need a real QB who can lead game winning drives and absolutely bring fear to DCs around the league.

Unless you can go get Peyton or Brady to play for us, there isn't much that can be done. I think too many of you guys expect more from a QB that hasn't played healthy in two years. Did you guys expect Smith to come back and not be rusty? I am amazed at how some posters think that a person cannot improve their play with hard work and practice.You have top remember that Smith came from a spread offense and had to be taught the pro style offense. I know that project QBs shouldn't be drafted with the overall #1 pick, but hindsight is 20/20, we have to play with the hand we were dealt. Smith has great work ethic and is a bright young man, it is not unreasonable to think he will get better. A couple of bad games and you guys are ready to throw another person with no experience into the fire, people that know football know that continuity is what you need to build a team, not knee jerk reactions based on high emotion. Smith, barring injury, is the QB for the rest of the year, and those that do not like it just have to deal with it. If he shows no improvement, then maybe they replace him, but as of this moment, there is no one better on the roster. I am not really impressed by any of the QB's I have seen the ESPN dicks touting as the nest #1 pick either, McCoy, Bradford and Clausen all look pretty weak to me. The best I have seen is the Cincy kid, and they guy from Washington.

Also drafting a QB before we fix the offensive line would be an idiotic move of the highest degree. You build a team from the line of scrimmage back, if your offensive line is weak, your offense will be weak.

Smith didn't have a few bad games. Smith had a few good games, and that's it. His entire career. I'm aware of the injury, spread offense, lack of weapons, bad line, etc. But at some point enough is enough and in 5 years he's shown NOTHING to get excited about. Sanchez consistently shows flashes. Ryan is another story alltogether. Flaaco. These are good young QBs. We have 2 first round picks. We can get a RT in the 1st, OG in FA, and another OG later in the draft and still get a new QB.
Share 49ersWebzone