There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Franklin in the last year of his contract

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
No.

He will only play good in a contract year. I hate those guys. You pay them all kinds of money and they will go back to being a lazy bum like they were in the past.

not if coach sing has something to say about it.
must resign!
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
No.

He will only play good in a contract year. I hate those guys. You pay them all kinds of money and they will go back to being a lazy bum like they were in the past.

not if coach sing has something to say about it.

Like...like...

Kevan Barlow?
Now he as an interception on his resume. Lets resign him and get on with the season and the draft.
Originally posted by MBniner:
Odd that he has really stepped it up this year, isn't it? What is it with these guys who don't perform until contract time, and do we re-sign this jackass?

A lot of it has to do with Singletary taking over and going from a hybrid D with a 2 gap 3-4 that Nowin liked to run, to a basic 1 gap 3-4... Franklin was getting much better at the end of last year when that took place. Not just this year...

I hope at some point though, we can get guys up front capable of a 2 gap 3-4....
Originally posted by teeohh:
must resign!

So what are we thinking short term or long term?
No.

It's true a lot of players do tend to pick up their play once they're in the final year of their contract, but for a reasonable price, Franklin should be re-signed.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
No.

It's true a lot of players do tend to pick up their play once they're in the final year of their contract, but for a reasonable price, Franklin should be re-signed.

-9fA

He should be signed during the season, if he hits FA the price will go up IMO.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
No.

-9fA

eh. i actually think if you let him hit the open market we will get a fair market contract. right now franklin has all the ammo, if he hits the market and someone wants to overpay, let them. but i doubt he gets major attention especially if wilfork hits the market.
Odd that he has really stepped it up this year, isn't it? What is it with these guys who don't perform until contract time, and do we re-sign this jackass?

My #1 fantasy football rule is 99% of all players have "career" years that coincide with contract years. So before every season I see who's in a contract year.
No.

-9fA

It's a two way street. Any agent worth his salt will tell his client to wait till FA to see if he'll get any big offers from other suitors.

-9fA

[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Nov 13, 2009 at 22:58:27 ]
Originally posted by Eduardo75:

A lot of it has to do with Singletary taking over and going from a hybrid D with a 2 gap 3-4 that Nowin liked to run, to a basic 1 gap 3-4... Franklin was getting much better at the end of last year when that took place. Not just this year...

This^
No.

-9fA

It's a two way street. Any agent worth his salt will tell his client to wait till FA to see if he'll get any big offers from other suitors.

-9fA

If the Niners offered him a multi-year deal, he would be misguided not to take it. There is a good reason why players agree to multi year deals during their contract year.

To set up themselves and their families in case of a severe injury, or a less severe injury that could affect their FA stock.

Passing on an offer from the 49ers to test FA would be a risk, but players do it all the time I guess.
  • cools
  • Veteran

I think it was during the offseason before the '08 season when Franklin became super motivated and got himself in great shape, and focused on improving his technique
there is an article about it somewhere out there

He's been stepping up his game ever since then, and now he is having a pro bowl type season, he is also one of the most liked guys on the team, a class guy to the core

Your remarks about it being "Odd" and calling him a Jackass are pretty insulting
maybe you should go tell em that face to face

and yes we sign him, and i bet he wants to be a Niner
and yes he will make alot of $$$ , good 3-4 NT's are hard to find, and he's still young
Originally posted by valrod33:

Somebody try calling that number listed.. see if it really works.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home