LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

Franklin in the last year of his contract

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Odd that he has really stepped it up this year, isn't it? What is it with these guys who don't perform until contract time, and do we re-sign this jackass?
breaking news
why is he a jackass? he is having a very good year yes but it's not all because its his contract year. he's in a better position to succeed in this defense and manusky/sing don't ask him to do things he's not good at like nolan did.
Originally posted by MBniner:
Odd that he has really stepped it up this year, isn't it? What is it with these guys who don't perform until contract time, and do we re-sign this jackass?

As long as it's for an outrageous amount of money, I'm all for re-signing the guy. But we also need to look for a NT in the draft.
he was pretty solid last year too, but i understand what you're saying.
Franchise him, sign him to a 1yr deal and make him prove it again. I don't want to give him a long term deal with a big SB
Give him some of Nates money.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Give him some of Nates money.

Honestly, yeah.

Call me stupid, but I think Nate takes a pay cut and returns. I also think we cut Michael Lewis because he is going into the fourth year of his 28 million dollar deal if I'm not mistaken(Not to mention the concussions). Move Nate to SS, and we just saved ourselves a lot of cap room, as well as filled a hole at SS if we cut Lewis.

We can use some of that money on Aubrayo, maybe a type of deal Sopoaga recently got from us?
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
breaking news

Franchise him, sign him to a 1yr deal and make him prove it again. I don't want to give him a long term deal with a big SB

This sounds about right player play hard in a contract year and then fall off ie Shawn Alexander.
Originally posted by valrod33:

that is the funniest thing I've seen on here in a while!
Originally posted by MBniner:

I am skeptical of fat ass linemen who are otherwise undistinguished except for their contract years. This smells a little like Dana Stubblefield's MVP season before he became a free agent. At least we're getting a major contribution from Franklin's would-be replacement, Antwan Balmer.

Best idea yet because he can turn out to be Parys Haralson and ruined our cap space!
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:

Best idea yet because he can turn out to be Parys Haralson and ruined our cap space!

Haralsons contract is not that bad
Share 49ersWebzone