LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 332 users in the forums

Playoffs?! Playoffs?!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • JC49
  • Veteran
Matt Maiocco of the Press Democrat asked if fans should expect our team to make the playoffs this season. He also asked who should be held accountable if we don't.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/11/should-49ers-fans-expect-playoff-appearance.html

Jed at the end of last season said we would play into January this year. Singletary has continually asserted we should be in the playoffs. What if we're not? I still think we could make it but only by gaining a game on Arizona and beating them at Candlestick. Losing to a 1-6 team though isn't how you get it done.

I thought I'd start a thread giving everyone here a chance to air it out.
IBTL...
Playoffs are you kidding me? Playoffs?!!
I highly doubt that we will make it. We really blew it last week. Arizona has a really easy schedule. Two of their remaining games are against the Rams!
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
I highly doubt that we will make it. We really blew it last week. Arizona has a really easy schedule. Two of their remaining games are against the Rams!

and a third against Detroit

lol classic.....

[ Edited by ninerfreak on Nov 12, 2009 at 12:21:45 ]
better pray we don't get something like this....

[ Edited by ninerfreak on Nov 12, 2009 at 12:23:25 ]
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:

They need to lose against Minnesota, Titans, GB and against us. If that happens we can only lose 2 more games (Gb & Philly) not saying we'll lose to them but just saying. That means we would both have a 9-7 record and since we beat them twice we own the tie breaker.
Originally posted by ninerfreak:

lol classic.....
I can't help but think of this when people talk about us in the playoffs. Do people forget you have to win games to get into the playoffs. We have not shown we can do that lately.
  • Mex49
MM is starting to figure it out too.

and it looks like he has been reading the Zone.

We'll still make the playoffs. It will go against everything dear and holy in pro sports, but the NFC West is still San Francisco's for the taking.
Originally posted by PA49ersfan:

lol classic.....
I can't help but think of this when people talk about us in the playoffs. Do people forget you have to win games to get into the playoffs. We have not shown we can do that lately.

we we're undefeated in the pre-season!
Originally posted by zillabeast:
We'll still make the playoffs. It will go against everything dear and holy in pro sports, but the NFC West is still San Francisco's for the taking.

Not quite confident.

Seems like 49ers will continue to self destruct leaving the Cardinals to win NFC West by default.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Originally posted by zillabeast:

Not quite confident.

Seems like 49ers will continue to self destruct leaving the Cardinals to win NFC West by default.

I'm not one bit confident, I don't have to be. The 49ers are not the biggest bunch of assclowns in this division, and will make it in with a 6-10 record or something.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran

lol classic.....
Share 49ersWebzone