There are 106 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Defending a 3-5 record is a disgrace

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Yeah I know. But some people still want to believe in singFRAUD and jed YORKIE. Neither one fools me. I know we can't win with them. I've been saying it over and over but some don't want to listen.

Dude...you need to relax.

Do you know how teams get great? I'll give you a hint...they don't do it by firing their coaches year after year, changing offensive coordinators and firing team presidents who haven't even been in place for a full season.

Do you know how long it too the 49ers to get underway when Bill Walsh and Eddie D first collaborated?

3 seasons. His first year, they went 2-14. His second, they went 6-10.

The message? Give it time. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting the different results. We CANNOT keep starting over again season after season, and expect to "discover" success. It doesn't work that way.

Originally posted by B650:
The seasons over. I knew it at the beginning of the year before we even started.

Then why even bother watching? You can root for the Chargers who are 5-3.

I don't like them. I never have. But they are certainly much better than us from a talent perspective. Rivers and Vincent Jackson are awesome. Sproles is what we need for our return game. Their O LINE is very good.

Their D is very banged up and not the same as what they are used to when healthy.

chargers suck, too. They find a way to choke ever year!
Originally posted by Mex49:
I cant believe how much of the Zone is defending Singletary and our management.
what a sad state of affairs this has become. I know many of you would love to bounce up and down on a HOF trophy but WTF is going on. We have been the joke of the NFL for 6 f**king years. we are not Tampa or the Browns or Arizona or Detroit; we are the San francisco 49ers- five time Super Bowl Champions. Stop making excuse and defending this crap of a product we have been served. Show some back bone and demand better.

Enough is enough. Before you know it, all we have accomplished will be forgotten.

So what exactly are you ggoing to do? We demand better. Now what?

If you want to include last season, Singletary has had a total of 17 games. Right now he is 8-9. So because we aren't world beaters at this moment, do you feel he should be fired? Or maybe you want to lay the blame at the feet of the GM. We know for certain that he has oversaw the last two drafts. Should he be let go because he didn't pick all Pro's on every pick? D-Line and O-line were major needs going into 2008 with the retirement of both Larry Allen and Bryant Young, so although many of you may not be fond of his selections, Scot did what he had to do.

It seems everyone wants to take all of the failures of the previous 4 years and lay that at the feet of Singletary as if he can magically undo all the damage that has been done since 2005. It's going to take time, consistent, successful drafting and/or FA signings, and quality coaching. We haven't had all these pieces at any one point, including now (more so speaking about certain position coaches), so it would be foolish to believe we would be amongst the elite teams in the NFL.

I don't think any of us expected to be 3-5 at this point, but if anyone figured we'd better than 4-4 at this point at the start of this season was being unrealistic and set themselves up for disappointment. We're better, just not very good, and until we get the O-line and the QB situtation taken care of, don't expect anything better than a 7-9 win season.
Originally posted by B650:
The seasons over. I knew it at the beginning of the year before we even started.

Then why even bother watching? You can root for the Chargers who are 5-3.

I don't like them. I never have. But they are certainly much better than us from a talent perspective. Rivers and Vincent Jackson are awesome. Sproles is what we need for our return game. Their O LINE is very good.

Their D is very banged up and not the same as what they are used to when healthy.

Interesting. On one hand you says its Singletarys and Yorks fault that we're losing and in the same breath you say the Chargers are 5-3 because they have better players than we do? So is it the TALENT that wins or is it the COACH that wins? If its the talent then its not Singletarys fault using your logic. if its the coaching then the Chargers should suck cuz Norv Turner is Horrible! So please tell us? (BTW I live in SD too)
Originally posted by posterX:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
i dont think anyone is happy, but defending a 3-5 record isnt thet worst thing. We played INDY and MINNY really close and almost won both games. We blew the Tennesee game.

We could easily be 4-4 or 5-3, this team is decent, not great and not terrible.

I still believe in Sing and York. And dont bring up the cheapness either, York has dished out millions on players and coaches.

Cheap and meaningless. What part of ABs post do you disagree with and let's see your logic.

By the way, troll or PBP?