There are 167 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Defending a 3-5 record is a disgrace

Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Yeah I know. But some people still want to believe in singFRAUD and jed YORKIE. Neither one fools me. I know we can't win with them. I've been saying it over and over but some don't want to listen.

Dude...you need to relax.

Do you know how teams get great? I'll give you a hint...they don't do it by firing their coaches year after year, changing offensive coordinators and firing team presidents who haven't even been in place for a full season.

Do you know how long it too the 49ers to get underway when Bill Walsh and Eddie D first collaborated?

3 seasons. His first year, they went 2-14. His second, they went 6-10.

The message? Give it time. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting the different results. We CANNOT keep starting over again season after season, and expect to "discover" success. It doesn't work that way.

• Mex49
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
This team is better than it's record. Look at last year and year before that, and before that...in the first 8-9 games, we always lost at least 3 times in a blow out fashion.

The only team that can say that they blew us out, was ATL. And, if it wasn't for us not having a TO to challenge the "fumble", who knows what would've happened.

This team if fine, maybe no playoffs this year, but it has a good future.

which speech was it that Singletary said "we are not a charity" and the one that said "we play 4 qtrs of football" and the " we will win the west" and the one that said ( and my favorite) "show me, don't tell me"?
And people are calling Cohen names for putting it to Singletary is just plain ridiculous. And then people bash VD for trying to put a fire under his teams ass all the while singletary is acting the fool.
From the perspective of ownership, all fans are good fans. On this forum, fans seems to have two different approaches:

Fans go out of their ways to be unhappy:
Originally posted by Mex49:
I cant believe how much of the Zone is defending Singletary and our management.
what a sad state of affairs this has become. I know many of you would love to bounce up and down on a HOF trophy but WTF is going on. We have been the joke of the NFL for 6 f**king years. we are not Tampa or the Browns or Arizona or Detroit; we are the San francisco 49ers- five time Super Bowl Champions. Stop making excuse and defending this crap of a product we have been served. Show some back bone and demand better.

Enough is enough. Before you know it, all we have accomplished will be forgotten.
Yeah I know. But some people still want to believe in singFRAUD and jed YORKIE. Neither one fools me. I know we can't win with them. I've been saying it over and over but some don't want to listen.
Fans in this category conveniently choose to forget that we are in the process of rebuilding. The ownership and senior management has been faithfully following our master rebuilding plan and wouldn't be persuaded to change.

The other category of fans, just found reasons to be happy:
Originally posted by B650:
Who's defending a 3-5 record? Nobody here is happy with that, but most of us haven't given up on the season yet. A win today and we're right back in the race.

We have talent on this roster now, so there's a lot to like about this team, despite its record. Compare this roster to the 2004 roster, for example. We're about 2 or 3 players away from competing for a Super Bowl. When was the last time we could say this? So yeah, our record isn't good, but we've been losing close games. We're almost there.
Originally posted by GBNinerFan:
4 of our 5 loses are by 7pts or less(while playing 2 potential Super Bowl teams VERY well), so we're not THAT bad. Folks outside Ninerland see the record and think we absolutely suck, which is not the case.
See here, we found happiness in how few points in our loses and happy with the improvement of roaster '09 vs '04. They understand, they got it.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Do you know how teams get great? I'll give you a hint...they don't do it by firing their coaches year after year, changing offensive coordinators and firing team presidents who haven't even been in place for a full season.

Do you know how long it too the 49ers to get underway when Bill Walsh and Eddie D first collaborated?

The message? Give it time. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting the different results. We CANNOT keep starting over again season after season, and expect to "discover" success. It doesn't work that way.

Wow. I think LegBreaker broke SD's legs
  • Mex49

Relax? and you are the model of civility and calm

The definition of insanity is being under .500 for 6 years and not trying something different.

The definition of insanity is another rebuilding period directed by the very same people the have f**ked the last rebuilding period.

Words of wisdom indeed. This ownership always give the coaching staffs and front office at least 4-5 years to carry out their plans.

The first 3 years, ownership and senior management evaluate based not on result but on progress, ie if we lost, by how many points, etc., The new head coach/gm were allowed to spend a year or two to evaluate the what they were dealt with,. Then couple more years to make adjustment to roaster. From the 5th season onwards, the ownership and senior management will start evaluating based on result. Warning will be by 6th year if result remains unsatisfactory.

Coach Singletary and Scotty so far has been doing heck of a job. Legbreaker was right our new staffs deserve more time.
What is disgraceful is not knowing enough about football to understand changing coaches every other year will not turn your team around. What is disgraceful is not knowing enough about football to understand that it takes more than hiring a new coach and one off season to build a team. This is a young team with a rookie head coach, what do you guys expect? Take your Ritalin and curb your expectations, we are a year or two from being a serious contender. Until we have a real safety, a couple of better offensive linemen and a serious pass rusher, we are what we are...rebuilding.
I agree.
Originally posted by GBNinerFan:
4 of our 5 loses are by 7pts or less(while playing 2 potential Super Bowl teams VERY well), so we're not THAT bad. Folks outside Ninerland see the record and think we absolutely suck, which is not the case.

Thats all I'm saying
I'm not happy with our record, but it's a better team than last year.

I could really care less WHO the HC is.
  • Mex49
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
What is disgraceful is not knowing enough about football to understand changing coaches every other year will not turn your team around. What is disgraceful is not knowing enough about football to understand that it takes more than hiring a new coach and one off season to build a team. This is a young team with a rookie head coach, what do you guys expect? Take your Ritalin and curb your expectations, we are a year or two from being a serious contender. Until we have a real safety, a couple of better offensive linemen and a serious pass rusher, we are what we are...rebuilding.

Same GM as last year, same coach as last year, same players as last year and same loosing record as last year.

Lets not change anything.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by posterX:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
i dont think anyone is happy, but defending a 3-5 record isnt thet worst thing. We played INDY and MINNY really close and almost won both games. We blew the Tennesee game.

We could easily be 4-4 or 5-3, this team is decent, not great and not terrible.

I still believe in Sing and York. And dont bring up the cheapness either, York has dished out millions on players and coaches.

huh? Me no speak NOOB.

Poster X is Lowell Cohn. Trust me
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
The seasons over. I knew it at the beginning of the year before we even started.

Why are you a 49er fan then? Mr. Negativity

Because he roots for the Chargers when things get bad with us. Like being married and having an affair.

[ Edited by BETTERDAYZ9ERS on Nov 12, 2009 at 13:41:20 ]
I'll be defending a 4-5 record after tonight
Singletary has always said "no moral victories". He also keeps repeating that he's not the type of guy who says "if we did this...or if we only did that...no".
Bottom line is we are 3-5, and that means we are a 3-5 team. That is a bad record.

There is a diff betn loving your team no matter what, and constructive criticism. At this time, this team needs constructive criticism (and a ton of it), otherwise we'll be left with loving a team which wouldn't have made the playoffs 7 yrs in a row!!!
That would be, well, really sad.