LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 140 users in the forums

Defending a 3-5 record is a disgrace

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Mex49
I cant believe how much of the Zone is defending Singletary and our management.
what a sad state of affairs this has become. I know many of you would love to bounce up and down on a HOF trophy but WTF is going on. We have been the joke of the NFL for 6 f**king years. we are not Tampa or the Browns or Arizona or Detroit; we are the San francisco 49ers- five time Super Bowl Champions. Stop making excuse and defending this crap of a product we have been served. Show some back bone and demand better.

Enough is enough. Before you know it, all we have accomplished will be forgotten.
Yeah I know. But some people still want to believe in singFRAUD and jed YORKIE. Neither one fools me. I know we can't win with them. I've been saying it over and over but some don't want to listen.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Who's defending a 3-5 record? Nobody here is happy with that, but most of us haven't given up on the season yet. A win today and we're right back in the race.

We have talent on this roster now, so there's a lot to like about this team, despite its record. Compare this roster to the 2004 roster, for example. We're about 2 or 3 players away from competing for a Super Bowl. When was the last time we could say this? So yeah, our record isn't good, but we've been losing close games. We're almost there.
The seasons over. I knew it at the beginning of the year before we even started.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The seasons over. I knew it at the beginning of the year before we even started.

Then why even bother watching? You can root for the Chargers who are 5-3.

Originally posted by B650:

I don't like them. I never have. But they are certainly much better than us from a talent perspective. Rivers and Vincent Jackson are awesome. Sproles is what we need for our return game. Their O LINE is very good.

Their D is very banged up and not the same as what they are used to when healthy.
  • B650
  • Veteran

I don't like them. I never have. But they are certainly much better than us from a talent perspective. Rivers and Vincent Jackson are awesome. Sproles is what we need for our return game. Their O LINE is very good.

Their D is very banged up and not the same as what they are used to when healthy.

Yet they only finished 8-8 last season. I don't think our talent is far off. It's a matter of gaining experience and.....coaching.

Yet they only finished 8-8 last season. I don't think our talent is far off. It's a matter of gaining experience and.....coaching.

Their talent level is much better. Vincent Jackson is far superior to any WR on our roster including Crabtree. 6'5" 240 lbs. and good speed for his size. I hope we get him in FA actually. Rivers is better than any QB we have. I wish we had him. Their O LINE is far superior. Their defense is good - great when healthy but they haven't been healthy.
4 of our 5 loses are by 7pts or less(while playing 2 potential Super Bowl teams VERY well), so we're not THAT bad. Folks outside Ninerland see the record and think we absolutely suck, which is not the case.
OK, I am going to show some backbone.

I DEMAND BETTER.

(crickets chirping)

Hmm, that didn't work. No effect whatsoever. Dang.

This team is better than it's record. Look at last year and year before that, and before that...in the first 8-9 games, we always lost at least 3 times in a blow out fashion.

The only team that can say that they blew us out, was ATL. And, if it wasn't for us not having a TO to challenge the "fumble", who knows what would've happened.

This team if fine, maybe no playoffs this year, but it has a good future.

Their talent level is much better. Vincent Jackson is far superior to any WR on our roster including Crabtree. 6'5" 240 lbs. and good speed for his size. I hope we get him in FA actually. Rivers is better than any QB we have. I wish we had him. Their O LINE is far superior. Their defense is good - great when healthy but they haven't been healthy.

OK so why are you blaming Singletary for not having that talent? Is he the one that has been drafting this mediocre talent we have? Seriously man I get your hate for the FO but why so much hate against Sing? Because he's confident in our team? WTF do you want him to say? "OH we are not making the playoffs, we are still a weak team that needs a new QB."

Why is it so hard for you to understand that this is still Nolan/Mc's team? We have the same pretty much the same talent from last year.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
This team is better than it's record. Look at last year and year before that, and before that...in the first 8-9 games, we always lost at least 3 times in a blow out fashion.

The only team that can say that they blew us out, was ATL. And, if it wasn't for us not having a TO to challenge the "fumble", who knows what would've happened.

This team if fine, maybe no playoffs this year, but it has a good future.

Damnit. You're right but I hate the "no playoffs this year" talk.
Originally posted by djfullshred:
OK, I am going to show some backbone.

I DEMAND BETTER.

(crickets chirping)

Hmm, that didn't work. No effect whatsoever. Dang.

I DEMAND BETTER TOO!

Is it working yet?
Share 49ersWebzone