LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 252 users in the forums

Top 10 Moments at Candlestick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
What a great thread to talk about the steelers and cowboys. Good job, MT.

• B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Damn, is there another franchise even remotely close as having as many memorable moments as the 49ers? It makes me proud to be a niner fan.

The Raiders (bad ones).
  • Black59Razor
  • Info N/A
As much as the Santa Clara stadium is becoming more and more of a realization...i'm still holding on to that one sliver of hope...please....please....please....try to renovate the 'Stick! This top 10 list gives people 10 reasons why...
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Damn, is there another franchise even remotely close as having as many memorable moments as the 49ers? It makes me proud to be a niner fan.

Dallas and Pittsburgh.

Meh, maybe close, but no cigar.

How so?

Well firstly I'm a niner fan so their moments mean nothing to me. That, and I can't recall any crazy comeback plays from either franchise aside from the immaculate reception.

But looking at the grand scheme of things with their storied histories and not looking at it as just being a 49ers fan its hard to argue that they haven't had just as many if not more great moments then us. Hell I'll give Pittsburgh more memorable moments just b/c they got 6 SB wins so that automatically makes them a more storied franchise then us. Now I don't really know any of their greatest moments besides the immaculate reception and their SB wins either but its hard to argue that the 49ers have more memorable moments then these two...well maybe more then the Cowgirls.
Not saying they don't have any, but just b/c the steelers have one more trophy doesn't mean they have more memorable moments. I can't recall any come from behind wins or crazy running plays like our niners have for example. If they did, they haven't been shown in any top countdown that I've ever seen.

I agree! No other teams have the great memories and comebacks like the 49ers. We've had very memorable moments and great comebacks.

The Steelers and Cowboys do have a great history but only a few comebacks that come to mind. The Steeler victories are tarnished with an asterisk because they paid off the league and the refs. The Cowgirls just blew other teams out. I don't recall ever seeing them make a fantastic comeback like Joe, Steve of Jeff...
"NOBODY CAN EVER EVER! TAKE THIS AWAY FROM US!!!" *HUGS TROPHY*

[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Nov 12, 2009 at 10:42:19 ]
Heart warming. I experienced so many great memories at Candlestick Park from about 1978-2000 that it will be a sad day indeed when they take a wrecking ball to it. Some of the best football that was ever played anywhere was played at Candlestick Park.
The only things I have attended was the super Mario bowl which at the time was called the Bush Bowl. That was Alex Smiths first TD.

Bryant Youngs last game

... There hasn't been too much great memories lately
Share 49ersWebzone