There are 155 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

So this is what $5.4 million in garaunteed money looks like...

Originally posted by Dino:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He never was good. I'm not sure why we signed him. I'm especially not sure why we gave him so much.
Funny (in a bizarre way) to see fans calling him out...he hasn't had a chance to prove his receiving skills. He was lighting it up in camp before he got hurt...and has been healthy for some time now, yet hasn't seen the field much at all. If anything, that's a foul on our coaches...not Jones. He wasn't signed to be our punt returner...he was signed to be a WR. I want to see him do that...
with Issac Bruce sitting out i feel he will contribute Thursday
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Funny (in a bizarre way) to see fans calling him out...he hasn't had a chance to prove his receiving skills. He was lighting it up in camp before he got hurt...and has been healthy for some time now, yet hasn't seen the field much at all. If anything, that's a foul on our coaches...not Jones. He wasn't signed to be our punt returner...he was signed to be a WR. I want to see him do that...

Agreed. It's like talking s**t about Jason Hill when he hadn't seen the field till Sunday, and when he got some playtime he made some huge plays for us.
I have to agree that it is odd to see people calling out a player who hasn't even been given a chance to perform as a WR. He was looking good in camp before getting injured and he has stated just like Jason Hill how frustrated he has been at not seeing the field. The coaches are making the decisions as to when and if a WR sees the field and Jason Hill wasn't even suiting up most of the season. Yet given some time in the last game he looked good. I'll wait until he gets a chance to play before I call him out.
did you hear coach everest on comcast yesterday
he said they wouldn't put crabtree at PR/KR cos he has never done it abd probably knows himself he won't do a good job at it
OK i agree
but then why do you put brandon jones who has never done it also ?
go figure ...
I get full with this coaching staff it seems they don't know what they are doing !
  • hcniner64
  • Info N/A
Right now I am not really satified with jones a pr. He looks like he is trying too hard to make plays as a pr in order to see more action as a reciever. This means he is dancing too much and not gaining many yards if not losing them. While i hate when people return punts like this for some reason i feel jones will have a pr td sometime soon maybee tonight or next game. For some reason it just feels like he is all or nothing in the pr game.
Rossum could NEVER achieve those type of numbers. Astounding!
Originally posted by zozell:
no buddy... my point is that he is even our return man... that is starting WR money...

He was signed well before they drafted Crabtree and he got hurt in camp. While that is still a lot of money for #3 WR, #2 at his very best, he has not be given a chance this year. So don't bash him when he has not had the chance to prove himself. Once Bruce is gone I think both Hill and Jones will start to earn their money.
  • SS2K8
  • Veteran
Thank god we drafted Kentwan Balmer over that one kid from cal, whatshisface.
Originally posted by SS2K8:
Thank god we drafted Kentwan Balmer over that one kid from cal, whatshisface.

Yes, that is a relief. Just think where we would be without Kentwan.
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by GEEK:
He never was good. I'm not sure why we signed him. I'm especially not sure why we gave him so much.

Potential. He most likely would have started if we didn't get Crabtree and he didn't get injured in training camp.

I don't like signing FA's with "potential" and not production to that much money.

agree

Second that. I hate that word. "Potential" is the dumbest thing I hear coming out of the mouths of announcers.