LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 329 users in the forums

Lowell Cohen article on Mike Singletary

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Originally posted by father49er:
Its Put up or Shut up time. The 49ers only have themselves to blame for this. It started when they let number 4 take that game from them.

The season's slipping away. Start strong, go through long slump, win last couple of games. Ra, ra, we'll win the division next year. That sounds familiar.

yep, hey are you going tomorrow? MR TRITIP!!

Too much work. Maybe the Jags or Lions game.
  • Pogity
  • Info N/A
I think Sing should put this writer up on a podium and let a room full of players ask him pointed questions about the quality of his writing.

These beat writers bother me sometimes. They are supposed to be distributors of data and observations - not interpreters or analysts. For example - I would rather be told specific details of how game plans are formed instead of being told that Singletary is a "chairman of the board" kind of coach (which is the writer's opinion, and maybe not the truth, but we'll never know because we don't have the data to draw our own conclusions).

It's like when the talking heads come on after a Presidential debate and tell me who won.

Sometimes they seem full of themselves. They should be more careful, since our perception of Sing and others is largely formed by what they write or don't write.

[ Edited by Pogity on Nov 11, 2009 at 22:41:20 ]
I just find it odd that this article comes AFTER they had the tiff in the press conference!
Its Put up or Shut up time. The 49ers only have themselves to blame for this. It started when they let number 4 take that game from them.

lol
While I think it's fair to ask tough questions, it seems as if it's gotten a bit personal between the two. Nobody likes to be called out in public, which is in essence, what Cohn did at that news conference. Maybe Cohn needs to refresh his memory on ethics a bit. Be that as it may, he does raise some valid points, albeit in a somewhat crude manner.

For the past few weeks, I've been calling for Singletary to be replaced at season's end with Mike Shanahan. Why? I bear no ill will toward Coach...I like many things about him. However, like Cohn, I can't say at this point he's the guy to lead the Niners back to the playoffs. Being a leader/motivator is likely to take the team only so far. When I see Shanahan looking for the right opportunity to coach again, I can clearly see him leading the Niners. He's one of seemingly dozens of Walsh proteges, most definitely has the experience and knowledge to truly turn our team around. He would FIX our offense...starting with the OL and improving our RB corps. The QB situation remains to be flushed out, but I sure like the thought of Shanahan coaching our QB's. I understand it's not the norm to fire a head coach after just one season...but, how often are guys like Shanahan available? It's a rare opportunity Jed York must take advantage of. Of course, it's also possible Singletary can rally his charges to justify keeping him on board. Only time will tell. If he can't then I'll be calling loudly for his replacement, because I know Shanahan CAN do the job.
  • Mex49
Originally posted by Winners:
Cohen is acting like a child about all this. That article was pure garbage. All he did was try to find any way possible to talk s**t on Singletary. It's kind of sad to see someone, who got so shook up by Singletary powning him in a room full of reporters that he has to b***h and moan about Singletary in every article he writes this week? You think the third one would have been plenty, but nope, here comes some more nonsense!

Cohen just looks like a whiny b***h.

Cohen is not 3-5. Our f**king team under singletary is. Stop sucking his dick. Right now as it stands, Sing is a loser and that's the truth
who the F**k cares about Cohen , sing ain't worried about his ass, he is worried about tonights game , has Cohen played football? if so where? and what was his highest level of play? exactly
  • Mex49
Originally posted by bambam52:
who the F**k cares about Cohen , sing ain't worried about his ass, he is worried about tonights game , has Cohen played football? if so where? and what was his highest level of play? exactly
  • Mex49
Originally posted by Mex49:

what the he'll does it matter if he played?

I have never been in a short yellow bus but I know a retard when I hear one.
Singletary's team is 3-5 so he better get used to the tough questions.

what the he'll does it matter if he played?

I have never been in a short yellow bus but I know a retard when I hear one.
Singletary's team is 3-5 so he better get used to the tough questions.

Singletary is dealing with how to prepare THIS 3-5 NINER TEAM to win on tonight , he DOES NOT GIVE A F*CK about no stupid ass questions , this isn't a talk show this is football, you go out and show people not TALK ABOUT IT
Good article. I think it's funny that Singletary said "This team will come of age" against the Bears. As if beating the Bears proves this team is on the right track. The Bears SUCK. Their best player is on injured reserve (Urlacher). They have been blown out the past two weeks. It takes four consecutive losses for this team to wake up? If that's true Singletary isn't doing his job.
Nolan lasted as long as he did because the Niners would occasionally beat crappy teams and those victories would be used as evidence of future success. We all know how that turned out. So far its the same deal with Singletary.
Originally posted by nflguy49:
Good article. I think it's funny that Singletary said "This team will come of age" against the Bears. As if beating the Bears proves this team is on the right track. The Bears SUCK. Their best player is on injured reserve (Urlacher). They have been blown out the past two weeks. It takes four consecutive losses for this team to wake up? If that's true Singletary isn't doing his job.

I think he was more referring to playing on National television, with all the hype included. Let's remember, not everyone knows about the Niners the way we all do on WZ. Fisher admitted that he saw for the first time what Willis could do, and Eisen was talking about how the country will be introduced to Sopoaga Thursday night. This team is really young, and Singletary wants to see how they'll respond after losing 4 straight.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
While I think it's fair to ask tough questions, it seems as if it's gotten a bit personal between the two. Nobody likes to be called out in public, which is in essence, what Cohn did at that news conference. Maybe Cohn needs to refresh his memory on ethics a bit. Be that as it may, he does raise some valid points, albeit in a somewhat crude manner.

For the past few weeks, I've been calling for Singletary to be replaced at season's end with Mike Shanahan. Why? I bear no ill will toward Coach...I like many things about him. However, like Cohn, I can't say at this point he's the guy to lead the Niners back to the playoffs. Being a leader/motivator is likely to take the team only so far. When I see Shanahan looking for the right opportunity to coach again, I can clearly see him leading the Niners. He's one of seemingly dozens of Walsh proteges, most definitely has the experience and knowledge to truly turn our team around. He would FIX our offense...starting with the OL and improving our RB corps. The QB situation remains to be flushed out, but I sure like the thought of Shanahan coaching our QB's. I understand it's not the norm to fire a head coach after just one season...but, how often are guys like Shanahan available? It's a rare opportunity Jed York must take advantage of. Of course, it's also possible Singletary can rally his charges to justify keeping him on board. Only time will tell. If he can't then I'll be calling loudly for his replacement, because I know Shanahan CAN do the job.

I totally agree ...... The Niners should completely change directions again ( 6 times in 6 years it would be)... Continuity has obviously been shown to be the reason for failure in sports. I also believe that, after next season with Shanahan at the helm, if the Niners aren't 12-4 and in the NFC championship game, we should replace Shanahan and maybe try Gruden, or Holmgren, or maybe even Madden! And if that doesn't work we should exhume Lombardi or Walsh .......

WOW ............ ??????????
Share 49ersWebzone