There are 118 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Issac Bruce will be inactive tomorrow!

Originally posted by Izyniner:
Lets not forget about Jones even though his play has been forgetable. I really think its time to get rid of sullivan he seems reluctant to play any youth at wr.

You get the feeling that if Sullivan had his way the Niners would still have Taylor Jacobs and Rod Gilmore. Those guys could really practice.
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by Izyniner:
Lets not forget about Jones even though his play has been forgetable. I really think its time to get rid of sullivan he seems reluctant to play any youth at wr.

You get the feeling that if Sullivan had his way the Niners would still have Taylor Jacobs and Rod Gilmore. Those guys could really practice.

Rod Gilmore the former Stanford WR and current ESPN college football analyst? Bryan Gilmore u mean...Sorry I couldn't resist.
Best news I've heard all week.
Cut Morgan a break. The guy is a second year WR. He's still learning and had to give up his position to Crabtree and sometimes even help Tree to lineup in the right place. S**t even Jerry Rice made some bone a$$ mistakes in his first year that leaves you to think Walsh might have made a mistake. If the Zone was available at the time, you would see thread like 'Jerry Rice WTF!' or 'Rice dropped the ball down his leg while running for a TD!'

Those would have been the best of times.
Honestly, Singletary gets a lock of flack around here but you can see that he's very open to finding a way to win - unlike Nolan.

Bench JTO
Bench Hill
Bench Roman
'Bench' Bruce

-9fA
Originally posted by WestCoast:

i was at this game! who else??
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
what we want..

1. Crabtree
2. Hill
3. Morgan

what sing and raye will most likely go with..

1. Crabtree
2. Morgan
3. Hill

alothough on alot of news, it looks like Hill will get the reps that Bruce would usually get.

This.
Originally posted by bret:
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
great news, if your not Bruce.

Morgan better step up. I know Hill will show up, he's played well when he's gotten the opportunity. We better win this game, and just win this game, but spank da bears.

"Morgan will step up" - What the hell makes you think that he will? Or are you just being hopeful? He might become a solid starter in the future, but he's far from it right now.

Brandon Jones looked pretty awesome getting deep early in preseason. If Morgan doesn't start getting his act together I'd like to see Crabtree, Hill and Jones. Add in Davis and Walker and that should really open things up for the run game!

I expressed identical sentiments in another post, incl the use of 2 TE sets! Great minds think alike. Since Morgan is doing his best Taylor Jacobs impression, it seems it's time to see what Jones can bring. Reportsb were glowing before his injury and now he can't buy playing time except as a PR. A similar mystery to when Hill was riding the pine too. I'd like to know what both these guys did to get in Sing's doghouse, esp when both Bruce and Morgan were underachieving for weeks!
IMO, Delaine Walker is the 3rd or 4th best WR on the team. He has great hands and always seems to make a play WHEN the ball his thrown his way, which should be more often IMO
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Singletary making moves!

Bruce is inactive because of his ankle, not because Singletary decided to bench his ass.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Let's see who steps it up for our young rceivers! I,m pulling for Crabtree to have a big game. I would like him to have 8 reception 140 yds. and 2 TD's. That's all!
Originally posted by titan:
Let's see who steps it up for our young rceivers! I,m pulling for Crabtree to have a big game. I would like him to have 8 reception 140 yds. and 2 TD's. That's all!

I like the way Jason Hill plays. He's pretty physical and he's darn fast. He's always taking advantage of his opportunities and I feel he'll have a big game since he spent time working with Alex when Alex wasn't the starter.
I think it'll be Hill and Crabs most of the game.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Singletary making moves!

Bruce is inactive because of his ankle, not because Singletary decided to bench his ass.

You honestly believe that? If so I got some used cars I would like to sell you. I would bet that the team did not want to embarrass Bruce by saying he was benched so went with a "oh he tweaked his ankle in practice" story.