There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mix in some Wildcat!

Now I'm not a big Wildcat guy. I loved it when the Dolphins shocked the Pats with it before it became a trend but I don't love it now.

With that said I do believe it can be effective at keeping teams on their heels. We have 2 former college QB's in Battle/Robinson and Gore/Crabtree played QB in HS.

Robinson I believe could run it as effective as Ronnie Brown (has to be a better passer) put him and Gore in the backfield and let him run some simple plays, sometimes just a handoff to Gore.

Sing has been a good coach at playing to the players skills such as keeping J.Smith at DE, putting A.Franklin in a chance to succeed, passing the ball to Davis etc.

Why not take advantage of the fact that we have a few guys with running ability that have demonstrated passing abilities as well? We have not thrown a HB pass in a very long time why not do it with our college QB?
seriously?

we ran it and niner talk said to never do it again and now its saying bring it in
Originally posted by RonMexico:
seriously?

we ran it and niner talk said to never do it again and now its saying bring it in

we ran it with Spurlock and ran it ineffectively. I'm saying use Robinson primarily and you can mix in Battle/Crabtree/Gore. We need to throw the ball out of the wildcat not just run it up the middle.
No way. You must have forgotten the first couple of games we tried that in.

It didn't fool ANY one - it didn't work.
No.
  • TDking876
  • Info N/A
definitely. With a combo of Robinson and Gore, we could definitely take some pressure off smith. Remember Robinson can through as well as block so he would fit in perfectly! Or maybe we could put crabtree instead of gore on some plays. THE POSSIBILITY'S ARE ENDLESS!!!!!
Only Miami is able to get anything out of the wildcat. Maybe Robinson would run it better, but I still don't think he'd run it well enough.

Honestly, I don't want them spending practice time on shenanigans like that until they can all run the right routes and pick up every blitzer the way all our basic plays are designed. Maybe when they master those basic plays they can try and figure out the wildcat. But not before.

Please NO!
Singletary doesn't seem like a gimmick kind of guy. Walsh or Mooch? yeah I can see it.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Singletary doesn't seem like a gimmick kind of guy. Walsh or Mooch? yeah I can see it.

winning is meaningless unless winning it your way, both singletary and nolan were particular that way.
Originally posted by jed_york:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

winning is meaningless unless winning it your way, both singletary and nolan were particular that way.

By that I guess you mean starting out strong with early wins then basically having the team fall apart the rest of the season.
you mean the mildcat? or the tamedcat?
Yea if we kept Kory Sheets

But NO, we've tried, don't have the right weapons for it.

It's failed every time. LET'S STOP WHILE WERE AHEAD.
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
Yea if we kept Kory Sheets

But NO, we've tried, don't have the right weapons for it.

It's failed every time. LET'S STOP WHILE WERE AHEAD.

when did we try what i proposed? we put spurlock there and and ran stupid plays. I'm saying put Robinson/Gore/Crabtree in there and see what they can do.