There are 150 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Lowell Cohn interview with Ira Miller

Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Cohn is not fooled by the PEP RALLY PRESS CONFERENCES singFRAUD holds every monday after each loss. We lost 4 in a row. 1/4 of the season full of losses. He still wants to be Rah, Rah up there at the microphone on monday's. "We have a young team..." "I know this team..." "I know how they will respond...."

Lowell Cohn just called him on it because he is not fooled. Neither am I. I know the truth about Coach FRAUD.

So are you saying you'd rather have a coach say, "Yes we lost again, we suck, there isn't anything we can do unless I'm fired and a new guy comes because new coaches are suppose to turn around a franchise in lest than a year."

Come on dude. If the coach gives up, or shows that he's given up, do you think the franchise will ever have a chance?

I know the truth that is singFRAUD. You can't fool me.

WTH? Are you going to answer my question? What would you rather hear him say? Do you want to hear bad things come from his mouth just so you can feel like you are "right." Be a real fan

He could give a more honest evaluation of where things are at and say "we will fix it."
Cohn is not fooled by the PEP RALLY PRESS CONFERENCES singFRAUD holds every monday after each loss. We lost 4 in a row. 1/4 of the season full of losses. He still wants to be Rah, Rah up there at the microphone on monday's. "We have a young team..." "I know this team..." "I know how they will respond...."

Lowell Cohn just called him on it because he is not fooled. Neither am I. I know the truth about Coach FRAUD.

So are you saying you'd rather have a coach say, "Yes we lost again, we suck, there isn't anything we can do unless I'm fired and a new guy comes because new coaches are suppose to turn around a franchise in lest than a year."

Come on dude. If the coach gives up, or shows that he's given up, do you think the franchise will ever have a chance?

WTH? Are you going to answer my question? What would you rather hear him say? Do you want to hear bad things come from his mouth just so you can feel like you are "right." Be a real fan

He could give a more honest evaluation of where things are at and say "we will fix it."

when he says his players will come around and will get better.

pretty sure there is going to be some fixing going on.
Wow, Cohn is really bitter:

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20091111/sports/911119921
Originally posted by doodle:

Cohn knows the TRUTH. He's not fooled by Singletary like many on this board are. The article is fair and I applaud Cohn for it.

Cohn knows the TRUTH. He's not fooled by Singletary like many on this board are. The article is fair and I applaud Cohn for it.

co-signed. Nothing will change. The Niner will play 500 ball from here on out and everything will be in the same fashion as it has been.

Sing better learn how to replace players quick, because this team is half a dozen starters shy of competing for any title.
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:

when he says his players will come around and will get better.

pretty sure there is going to be some fixing going on.

what coach singletary meant to say was: "i'll spend more time motivating them individually."

singletary was too mad to present that answer but he did tell the ownership and sr management.
Originally posted by danimal:

co-signed. Nothing will change. The Niner will play 500 ball from here on out and everything will be in the same fashion as it has been.

Sing better learn how to replace players quick, because this team is half a dozen starters shy of competing for any title.

And here's where we're handicapped by bad drafting/personnel decisions:

Spikes, Smith, Clements, Heitman, and Franklin are either 30 or fast approaching. Even the window on the CURRENT team is closing.

We will need to rebuild completely in 2 years as these players become more susceptible to injury.
Originally posted by NinerGM:

Spikes, Smith, Clements, Heitman, and Franklin are either 30 or fast approaching. Even the window on the CURRENT team is closing.

We will need to rebuild completely in 2 years as these players become more susceptible to injury.

Great points. You need to fill your current holes faster than new ones pop up; if you can't do that; you are better served trading away what good players you have and rebuilding from scratch

Quick side note non Niner related. I have been saying for 2 years now that the Chargers needed to get an heir for Jamal Williams; given his age and importance as the NT in a 3-4. They are not half the defense they use to be without Jamal Williams right now
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
"Cohn: You heard the tape of Singletary and me at his Monday news conference. He got upset over what I considered a mild question. Why? Does it tell us anything about him?"

Wow. What a question to ask.

Let it go. Just let it go.

-9fA

no joke. Be a man & go talk to Sing yourself if you have a prob w/ him.

I wouldn't put Clements in the old category. He's 29. A good corner can play well until 33, 34, 35. Deion was real good into his 30's.

The 49ers 94 Super Bowl team had several 30 something players on the roster at key positions. So did the Cowboys dynasty team of the 90's. Look at the rosters.

It's a dream world to think every player is going to be 29 and less on your roster. Look around the NFL. Get real.
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A

Really , digging Ira Miller up? I don't necessarily disagree that Sing may be blowing smoke , but Cohn is a worm for "interviewing" Ira Miller the guy hates all things Bay Area he was sour when they won the Bowl for F@#$'s sake

I wouldn't put Clements in the old category. He's 29. A good corner can play well until 33, 34, 35. Deion was real good into his 30's.

The 49ers 94 Super Bowl team had several 30 something players on the roster at key positions. So did the Cowboys dynasty team of the 90's. Look at the rosters.

It's a dream world to think every player is going to be 29 and less on your roster. Look around the NFL. Get real.

Yes, the 1994 49ers had 30-somethings with GREAT talent in the trenches, great coaching and awesome preparation. Does Deion need to be outstanding every game with a very young Stubblefield and Young at DT, Ricky Jackson at DE, providing a real pass-rush? Dominating safety play with Hanks who could cover any TE? Deion was brought in for Dallas.

Where are teams young? Trenches and CB (where you need speed). The key players on the Cowboys team of the 90's weren't 30 something in 1992.

[ Edited by NinerGM on Nov 11, 2009 at 18:01:32 ]
Wow guys seriously?

Any criticism of the team is whining? No, hate? Yes the team has done great things, but at some point the record IS THE RECORD - Wins and Losses. You don't get a W for being inspirational or a "nice guy."

Can we just have divergent opinions here?

True.

Why can't people see the propaganda being slung in our faces? I don't get it. I agree with everything, it was a hard hitting bit of Q&A with no punches pulled. They both said all the things some people say, and other people are afraid that are true..

He ought to send a copy to MS email address..

If they lose to the Bears, it is going to get so ugly MS is going to love to go on road games. I don't think he can handle the heat of people seeing for real and calling him on it..

Sigh; at least with Nolan he was calm when being taken down.. This is going to get interesting.

I agree with others here too that are calling for 5-11... If they go down a sh*t hole.. I just don't see 3-13... But if this continues, losing, they will press so hard, well the Lions and Rams are playing a tad better and all Smith has to do is throw 3 or 4 INT and fumble some more and those teams can win..

Please oh football gods don't let this stuff happen..

NINERS!!
Oh yeah, I know you are but what am I?

This is getting rediculous, lets just enjoy the game and be greatful we have a team.

Cohn and others are just being a bunch of babies!

Go Niners!

If they play 500 ball, we will be lucky. I hope for better but the writing is on the wall, especially with our savior Smith at the controls.. for the love of God, try Nate in the next few games..

If you say he is too raw, then you are not watching what other young rook QBs are doing..