There are 184 users in the forums

OK. Why Alex has 5int in 2 1/2 games..

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Alex has ALOT of confidence in his receivers!! 3 of the 5 INTs were tipped, and in the direction of the receivers. 2 int were targeting Crabtree. 1 vs Indy, It was a little out of reach, tipped and picked in the middle of the field. 1 vs TEN. it was a deep out route, Alex was late on the throw, but he threw it to Crabs on the sideline hoping he would make a play on it, which I could see why Alex would give Crabs a chance. Crabtree is our number 1 WR and has big time potential, Alex is feeling him out a little bit to see what Crabs can do. 1 was to Morgan on a late drive to tie up the game. I think he forced it to much there, but it was still a convertable play, It mite of even have been PI on the play as the defender came in on the back side with alot of contact. 2 were just bad throws, QBs will have bad throws every 25-50 attempts, thats just being a QB.

I don't want to put it ALL on Alex quite yet, although I think Alex basically lost us the game. With that said, I really do believe Alex does trust the WRs which is a good thing, but I wanna see him limit the mistakes and hit the OPEN man, and big games will come to our receivers off of that. I do like our aggresive approach, but we should limit the pass attempts to about 25-35 a game, I think 45 was over doing it. Gore should no matter what, have atleast 20 carriers, and that would allow us to throw off playaction and bootleg. But guys, you have to admit.. Its alot sweeter watching Alex step in the pocket, and want to make a play down field, instead of the OLD Alex which would look to scrammble to his right prematurely, and throw away the ball..

[ Edited by 49ersnum1 on Nov 11, 2009 at 11:46:29 ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
It's not all on Alex, but he does have to play faster. Get rid of the ball before the recievers get in there breaks. He still looks a little rusty, as far as his passing, but that should improve with more snaps.
So it looks like we've moved on from "FREE ALEX!".

The popular phrase now is "DON'T BLAME ALEX!"
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

LOL how about "FREE ALEX FROM BLAME!"
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Originally posted by mayo63:
It's not all on Alex, but he does have to play faster. Get rid of the ball before the recievers get in there breaks. He still looks a little rusty, as far as his passing, but that should improve with more snaps.

I agree with you. The only thing that has me questioning Alex right now is his decline and inconsistency over the last 3 games..

1. @ Texans, had his highest QB rating 200+yds 3td 1int in 1 half of football. Alot of those nice stats were coming from behind and throwing out of the gun, but he looked poised and very confident..

2. @ Colts, I think he played a very good game in his first start in over 2 seasons. 198yds 1td and 1int, he moved the ball consistently, and looked very cool and calm.

3. v.s Titans, We threw the ball alot more in his first start at home in over 2 seasons, made some nice throws, but missed on some aswell. He looked a little rattled throwing a few balls, and tentative and letting the ball go on time. He took a step back in his 3rd game, you definitely want to see him progress each game in these next 8 games..
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

LOL how about "FREE ALEX FROM BLAME!"

Fail.
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:

I agree with you. The only thing that has me questioning Alex right now is his decline and inconsistency over the last 3 games..

1. @ Texans, had his highest QB rating 200+yds 3td 1int in 1 half of football. Alot of those nice stats were coming from behind and throwing out of the gun, but he looked poised and very confident..

2. @ Colts, I think he played a very good game in his first start in over 2 seasons. 198yds 1td and 1int, he moved the ball consistently, and looked very cool and calm.

3. v.s Titans, We threw the ball alot more in his first start at home in over 2 seasons, made some nice throws, but missed on some aswell. He looked a little rattled throwing a few balls, and tentative and letting the ball go on time. He took a step back in his 3rd game, you definitely want to see him progress each game in these next 8 games..

His whole career has been inconsistent why would that surprise you?
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I'd put one INT from the Titans game on ALex but the others are clearly indicative of poor OL play, WRs not coming back to the ball or failing to be the aggressors, WR youth (crabtree's tipped balls, fumble, & Morgan's drops)...Clearly this is Bruce's last year as the tire tread is gone and he's showing the steel-belt. The WR core moving forward is Crabs, Morgan, Hill, and or Davis & Walker split out. We need to give our young WR core as much playing time to develop continuity, grow, and gain invaluable playing experience. Unfortunately, what also goes hand in hand with young players is mistakes, and that's something we are going to see until the group matures. Its a painful process to watch but there are also signs of brilliance that should happen more frequently as the group gets better. Remember we're still putting the pieces of a championship team together that will be good for years to come but its a sacrifice in the meantime. -NW
interceptions off deflections suck
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:

He can't regress. Even if we lose, but he moves the team and looks confident I think they'll bring him back next year. If he starts throwing picks all over the place and starts getting nervous I think they'll cut the cord on him and we'll be looking for a new quarterback next year.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

49ERS ARE BAD LUCK!

Eddie D cursed the team deal with it
Useless thread.

Honestly people need to just get over it. Picks are going to happen. You really thought Smith was going to come in after 2 years and just have 15 TDs 0INTs? I mean cmon. He had an off game after two solid games. Who really cares whether it was is fault or not...bottom line is it happened.

The offense needs to fix itself starting from Alex to the O-line. Hopefully they addressed all of this in practice.
Share 49ersWebzone