LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Crabtree in the red zone?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
is it just me, or have we completely ignored Michael Crabtree in the red zone so far this year....

seems like we look for him alot all the way down, and all the sudden we cross the 20 yard line, and its like he disappears. i cant remember us even targeting him ONCE so far in the red zone.

hes very physical, and has great hands. seems like a great endzone target to me.

[ Edited by Niners99 on Nov 11, 2009 at 09:35:03 ]
Yeah I noticed that too. Especially against the Titans, I saw him matched one on one with the DB, I thought they would have given him a chance
We got vernon for that
i thought the same thing. i think with the emergence of VD as a TD target and the success alex has had with him could be part of the reason crabby hardly gets a look. but, i am hoping that changes soon. we really should take advantage of his hands down in the redzone though.
the frustrating thing is every time we drop back to pass down there, i dont think Smith ever glanced his direction.
Originally posted by Niners99:
the frustrating thing is every time we drop back to pass down there, i dont think Smith ever glanced his direction.

That's because Smith locks on one receiver all the time.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

i think in the red zone he picks a side of the field and looks there. which is what most QB's do. i just want him to look to crabtrees side more often.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

In the red zone? I disagree man.

I know Alex had a bad game on Sunday, but the dude was definitely looking through his progressions on Sunday in the red zone. We did end up calling two of the dumbest f**king plays ever though: FB run with Robinson, and then a short swing pass to Robinson on 2nd down. f**king horrible. lol
We really need to give Crabtree a chance in the red zone for sure. This is where he really excelled at in college!
I think the 9ers were #1 in red zone efficiency going into the Titans game. If not #1 it was def top 2 or 3. V.Davis is a beast in the red zone and Hill did great vs the Titans. The 9ers need to work on the OL/not having turnovers/rushing the passer and not making stupid mistakes at PR (I say put J.Hill back there).

It's still very early on in Crabtree's career. He's going to get his shots into the end zone.
yea it's still early but I think when u get guys in the end zone it makes them more of a threat to other teams rather than just making grabs
As long as somebody on our team is getting into the end zone I'm happy. Hill having two TDs Sunday was hella sick. But yea its early still for Crabtree and we have the other half of the season left baring the i word I see Crabtree getting comfortable and putting in serious work the second half.

V
hills most impressive reception was the one on the sideline where he almost broke it. He's pretty freakin fast!
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
As long as we score I don't care who gets the ball. We've actually been pretty good in the red zone this season, if we could only get there more often we would be golden.
Share 49ersWebzone