There are 173 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bruce may still be the starter?

Originally posted by MadMartz:
The coaches like Bruce because he doesnt make mistakes. The problem is he isnt making plays either.

bulls**t he doesn't make mistakes. He slips on routes, and is dropping a lot of balls this year.
  • GilleysPuB
  • Info N/A
I think he is hurt, how bad, who knows, but its true, this is a great time to tell him to take it easy for a while and let Jason do his thing.
if bruce is starting the coaching staff is not doing everything to win plain and simple
I think it's pretty interesting that Hill jumped ahead of Morgan. Say what you want about Singletary but he isn't afraid to make moves. In his short time as HC he has made 2 QB changes, juggled the OL, made a bold move by starting Crabtree right away, bold move by starting Brown over Clements, and now it looks like Hill is going to go from doghouse # 6 WR to a starter! Maybe Sing just read the zone?

Also just saw this on MM twitter:

A: No, I can't see why they'd go backward. Stick with the young guys. RT @MAL1GAYA Q: do you see Issac Bruce starting again this season?

[ Edited by matt49er on Nov 11, 2009 at 17:17:07 ]
Hate to celebrate an injury, but a "rolled ankle" has all but guaranteed a start for Hill. Like it or not, seems like the coaches' hands were forced. Let's hope we see more of Jones too!
Why were not starting Crabtree/Morgan completely baffles me.
Originally posted by jrg:

Crabtree / Hill. FIXED.

Why do we want to start Morgan? He keeps popping the ball up into the air for interceptions in game after game. He's played like crap lately.
Didn't anybody get the memo? -He's not even suiting up for tomorrow night's game! -He "buckled" his ankle in practice today.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20091111/sports/911119884

In the business world we call this a "passover" -meaning Bruce's ass is pretty much finished within any range of WR #3-4. DUSTY OLD BONES IS FINISHED!
Ah everything is falling into place...

Thursday's WR DEPTH CHART!!!

WR: Crabtree, Jones, Battle
WR: Morgan, Hill (will play the #2/slot roles)

Now it's up to Alex to make use of these Young Stallions!
Originally posted by TFSP:
I just think our coaches want daBEARS to prep for more players.

One thing although, how can people say bad sh*t about our coaches, and their intelligence level of the game. Look in the mirror, and ask yourself can you do better with our personnel? If you say yes, your an idiot. You'd be a professional football coach for any team right now.

yeah your right NFL coaches know what they are doing for the most part....But ive seen Pop Warner football coaches call better plays and execute them better than the 49ers right now..and thats with 12 year old kids
Hopefully Bruce's ankle is "sore" the rest of the season, the steel belts are starting to show..>Time to pass the torch to the new WR core, Hill included.
he sucks now
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by jrg:

Crabtree / Hill. FIXED.

Why do we want to start Morgan? He keeps popping the ball up into the air for interceptions in game after game. He's played like crap lately.

Lately. But in the long run, Morgan will be a better WR then Hill.

Hill has one good game and people are all over his nuts.

Both of his TD's were easy catches and the first one would have never happened if Smith didn't make such a great throw.
Jason Hill's produced when he's had his opportunities...I agree, he should've had a lot more PT this year. At this point, I'd have more confidence throwing to him than Morgan. Both are young guys who should get nothing but better...but the BL is they both need to see the field...a lot.
  • Mex49
I never wish injury on anybody except Favre and Warner and Hasselback and the Manning family and Toothlessburger but maybe this was a blessing in disguise

Thank f**king god. See ya sucker
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Jason Hill's produced when he's had his opportunities...I agree, he should've had a lot more PT this year. At this point, I'd have more confidence throwing to him than Morgan. Both are young guys who should get nothing but better...but the BL is they both need to see the field...a lot.

Seriously, all he did in pre-season was score touchdowns. -He was easily Shaun Hill's best weapon in 2008, and was just f**king clutch during that MNF game last season.

Hill is easily a home-grown gem (that we thankfully didn't pass up unlike Tom Brady and Desean Jackson).