LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 325 users in the forums

Bruce may still be the starter?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't know if this should be merged with prior topics, or which one, so my apologies first, but, since it was in a new article........here goes.
WTF? Raye says Hill's playing time this week is predicated on Bruce's recovery from his injury. How about predicated on Hill's play last week and Bruce's all season? This illustrates the cluelessness of our coaches and worries me even more than before. Does Bruce need to have his arms and legs start to fall off one by one on the field before they get it? Denial is not just a river in Egypt!
agreed, FREE JASON HILL.
The coaches like Bruce because he doesnt make mistakes. The problem is he isnt making plays either.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
agreed, FREE JASON HILL.
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
agreed, FREE JASON HILL.
Originally posted by MadMartz:
The coaches like Bruce because he doesnt make mistakes. The problem is he isnt making plays either.

Kinda like Shaun Hill?
  • TFSP
I just think our coaches want daBEARS to prep for more players.

One thing although, how can people say bad sh*t about our coaches, and their intelligence level of the game. Look in the mirror, and ask yourself can you do better with our personnel? If you say yes, your an idiot. You'd be a professional football coach for any team right now.
we wouldn't want to start somebody who has 2 td's every 4 catches..that would be to practical..we'll just continue to start father time
He may start, but i think Hill will get alot of playing time.
Bruce didn't start vs the Titans and started to play less and less since Crabtree's signing. I think they are playing up the injury and making the Bears prepare for everything. They are not just going to come out and go "Yes we like all webzone members think Bruce sucks now and we're going to play Crabs/Hill/Morgan/Jones". That aint going to happen and if Bruce is 100% healthy i think he will still see some action.

I think he'll be the starter, but it will only be for namesake.

I reckon Hill will start getting more and more snaps.

-9fA
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
we wouldn't want to start somebody who has 2 td's every 4 catches..that would be to practical..we'll just continue to start father time

Not that I think Bruce should start either (I was hoping he would just retire in the offseason) but you can say the same thing about starting a guy with 91 TDs in his career over someone with just 4 TDs in 3 seasons.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I think he'll be the starter, but it will only be for namesake.

I reckon Hill will start getting more and more snaps.

-9fA

well i reckon you may be right jethro. just because bruce is kin folk dont mean he gon' play more than cousin hill
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Does anybody actually believe that he is hurt. Personally I think its all bunch BS, just to make it look good for him getting benched.
Originally posted by susweel:
Does anybody actually believe that he is hurt. Personally I think its all bunch BS, just to make it look good for him getting benched.

I think it will be an excuse if he is benched going fwd but he did limp off the field Sunday.
Share 49ersWebzone