There are 165 users in the forums

Yahoo's Silver: Niners need to win 3 out of 4 to stay in the race

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I attended the Titans game and from my vantage point, couldn't really "watch" the game. Man, it really came down to a couple plays. The play before we went up 20-17. If the ball is just a foot lower, Gore has a TD. Then the missed tackle by Harelson on Johnson. It just seems that one or two plays could of been the difference with all of our losses, except the Atlanta loss.
Originally posted by MadMartz:
I could have told you that

Our remaining games
Thur Nov. 12 Bears - 5:20p
Sun Nov. 22 @Packers - 10:00a
Sun Nov. 29 Jaguars - 1:05p
Sun Dec. 6 @Seahawks - 1:15p
Mon Dec. 14 Cardinals - 6:30p
Sun Dec. 20 @Eagles - 10:00a
Sun Dec. 27 Lions - 1:05p
Sun Jan. 3 @Rams - 10:00a

Zonas remaining games

10 Sun, Nov 15 Seattle 4:15 PM
11 Sun, Nov 22 @ St. Louis 4:05 PM
12 Sun, Nov 29 @ Tennessee 1:00 PM
13 Sun, Dec 6 Minnesota 4:15 PM
14 Mon, Dec 14 @ San Francisco 8:30 PM
15 Sun, Dec 20 @ Detroit 1:00 PM
16 Sun, Dec 27 St. Louis 4:05 PM
17 Sun, Jan 3 Green Bay 4:15 PM

They look to have the easier road to the playoffs. They still get St louis twice and Det. Thats 3 wins right there so that puts them at 8-8. Then You gotta give them the sea game too. That puts them at 9-7. So we have to hope they lose to Tenn, Minn, San Fran, and GB otherwise they are going 10-6 or better.

That's what I posted. Arizona could go 4-4 and we go 6-2 over the 2nd half. That would give us the division and a playoff spot. We could also go 7-1 and they go 5-3 and we still win the division.

Most plausible scenario for us winning the division is the 49ers winning 3 out of the next 4, beating arizona, then winning 2 out of 3 for a 9-7 record. At the same time, Arizona comes into the 49er game losers of 2 in a row (TEN and MIN) -- we beat them then we hope for the packers to beat them in wk 17.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
this thread.

Where are you guys getting this optimism? We can't beat a one win team at home -- what makes you think we're going to win tomorrow night? Or the Sunday after that?

With Alex Smith at QB?

Because our offense is getting better every week and there won't be tipped passed returned for TDs or halfback passes for TDs to lose every game.
We HAVE to beat the Eagles to secure a possible tie-breaker in the wildcard, cause even if we win out the rest of the division the f*ggy as Cards are only 5 easy wins away from stealing the division.

I've seen crazier s**t happen towards the end of the season, hell the Bears could've been in the playoffs last year if they had just beaten the Texans (everything was in their favor in week 17). -And the 2007 Redskins shouldn't have even been in the playoffs but they slipped in because other WC candidates couldn't survive the closing stretch.

The Falcons will nail a WC spot for sure, but the Giants, Eagles, and Cowgirls (depending on who wins the NFC East) are a mystery, and the closing stretch is in our favor.
we can do this!!! light em up niners!!!
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Most likely scenario

Thur Nov. 12 Bears - W
Sun Nov. 22 @Packers - L
Sun Nov. 29 Jaguars - L
Sun Dec. 6 @Seahawks - W
Mon Dec. 14 Cardinals - W
Sun Dec. 20 @Eagles - L
Sun Dec. 27 Lions - W
Sun Jan. 3 @Rams - W

I dont mean to pi$$ in your cheerios but I think 8-8 is more realistic. Winning 4 out our last 5 would be great momentum going into the off season but thats about it. It would guarantee Alex's job as well IMO.

We HAVE to pick up a win from a legit opponent. We could catch the Packers or Jags off guard but I think McNabb and co will handle us. We'll see.

7-9 at the worst

Thur Nov. 12 Bears - W
Sun Nov. 22 @Packers - L
Sun Nov. 29 Jaguars - L
Sun Dec. 6 @Seahawks - W
Mon Dec. 14 Cardinals - L
Sun Dec. 20 @Eagles - L
Sun Dec. 27 Lions - W
Sun Jan. 3 @Rams - W

9-7 at the best
Thur Nov. 12 Bears - W
Sun Nov. 22 @Packers - W
Sun Nov. 29 Jaguars - L
Sun Dec. 6 @Seahawks - W
Mon Dec. 14 Cardinals - W
Sun Dec. 20 @Eagles - L
Sun Dec. 27 Lions - W
Sun Jan. 3 @Rams - W

Offense needs to step it up BIG time.

Are the Jaguars some Juggernaut I'm not familiar with? Terrible defense and a one-man show on offense. If Pocket Hercules doesn't have 200 total yards and 3 TDs, they can't win (actually, they lost a game when he ran for 200 vs. TEN).
KEEP HOPE ALIVE
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
We HAVE to beat the Eagles to secure a possible tie-breaker in the wildcard, cause even if we win out the rest of the division the f*ggy as Cards are only 5 easy wins away from stealing the division.

I've seen crazier s**t happen towards the end of the season, hell the Bears could've been in the playoffs last year if they had just beaten the Texans (everything was in their favor in week 17). -And the 2007 Redskins shouldn't have even been in the playoffs but they slipped in because other WC candidates couldn't survive the closing stretch.

The Falcons will nail a WC spot for sure, but the Giants, Eagles, and Cowgirls (depending on who wins the NFC East) are a mystery, and the closing stretch is in our favor.

100% agree. The Falcons have to suffer a total collapse (like last year's Bucs) in order to miss the playoffs. They're already played their tough games and are sitting at 5-3.

Philly has the toughest remaining schedule of any contender
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

100% agree. The Falcons have to suffer a total collapse (like last year's Bucs) in order to miss the playoffs. They're already played their tough games and are sitting at 5-3.

Philly has the toughest remaining schedule of any contender

a couple more raideresque games out of mcnabb and it could happen
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Please 49ers limit the damn turnovers tomorrow... We need a dub...

With the recent surge of INT's, you guys think they'll start calling less and less pass plays? I hope not.

We actually look like a f**king offense man. I know Alex made some bad throws, but if he can stop staring down guys, our offense looked legit for almost 3 straight quarters.

I'm with you man. I'd love to see more shotgun formations. But I'm wondering how Raye's mind is working.

I think what Raye did wrong was we actually didn't run enough. It's weird saying it but I don't think Gore got any more than 15 carries and he should get at least 20+. It was a close game and the running game was working.
we need to go deep more and I think Hill/Crabtree can get it done we just need to keep teams out of the box and get Gore going early.

• wrongway9er
  • Info N/A
If the players stop making mistakes, dropped passes, missed takles, poor passes, untimely penalties, TURNOVERS, there is no reason this team can't win their next 8 games. It will take some luck and very good play but if we go into the playoffs on an 8 game winning streak we are going to go deep into the playoffs--even the NFC championship. All it takes is for these guys to start playing together and realizing they can play with and beat anyone in the NFL.

I say Go Niners!!!
Share 49ersWebzone