There are 295 users in the forums

Yahoo's Silver: Niners need to win 3 out of 4 to stay in the race

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Silky
  • Veteran
What will it take for people to realize we are just not a good enough team? There is a reason we stay close in every game and lose at the end. The only game we should have won was the Minnesota game. Other than that we deserved to lose every game we have so far. The Cards during the first game could of very well beat us if they got their act together. Sure, we can go out and beat da bears tomorrow night, but what 9ers team will we see next week. I've been saying this since the Atlanta game, will we see the sucky 49ers that played against the Falcons or a team with some grit that almost beat Manning and Favre? Doesn't matter though because all the games we played "good" in, we still lost. Maybe, just maybe they will get their acts together and learn how to start winning. Winning is not something you can coach or teach to players. They have to feel it and want it more than the other team and will stop at nothing. Unfortunately the Vikings wanted it more and showed it during those final 12 seconds. Alex and company can "compete" all they want and get those moral victories. You are either a winner, or you are not.
Originally posted by teeohh:
win 8 in a row!!!!!

I could live with a 6 game winning streak!
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
What will it take for people to realize we are just not a good enough team? There is a reason we stay close in every game and lose at the end. The only game we should have won was the Minnesota game. Other than that we deserved to lose every game we have so far. The Cards during the first game could of very well beat us if they got their act together. Sure, we can go out and beat da bears tomorrow night, but what 9ers team will we see next week. I've been saying this since the Atlanta game, will we see the sucky 49ers that played against the Falcons or a team with some grit that almost beat Manning and Favre? Doesn't matter though because all the games we played "good" in, we still lost. Maybe, just maybe they will get their acts together and learn how to start winning. Winning is not something you can coach or teach to players. They have to feel it and want it more than the other team and will stop at nothing. Unfortunately the Vikings wanted it more and showed it during those final 12 seconds. Alex and company can "compete" all they want and get those moral victories. You are either a winner, or you are not.

The thing is, we're not a bad team. I think we've proven it with our play these past couple of weeks. I know it's tough when we keep losing, but being 3-5 is not the end all be all of our season. We still have a chance. The thing I definitely agree with is that we don't know how to win yet. Our team just doesn't know how to do that. It sucks that they can't pull it together, but our offense looks better then I've seen it in years; We have YET to play a complete game offensively and defensively. It seems like it's one or the other.

We still got a chance guys, we gotta win on Thursday! Go niners!!!

[ Edited by Method on Nov 11, 2009 at 10:03:46 ]
Jacksonville and Seattle are easy wins. I think we are more likely to win at home against Chicago than on the road at Green Bay. So to go 3 out of 4 we need to win tomorrow! Lets do it!
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Please 49ers limit the damn turnovers tomorrow... We need a dub...

With the recent surge of INT's, you guys think they'll start calling less and less pass plays? I hope not.

We actually look like a f**king offense man. I know Alex made some bad throws, but if he can stop staring down guys, our offense looked legit for almost 3 straight quarters.

I'm with you man. I'd love to see more shotgun formations. But I'm wondering how Raye's mind is working.

what does limiting turnovers have anything to do with calling less pass plays lol

With the recent surge of INT's, you guys think they'll start calling less and less pass plays? I hope not.

We actually look like a f**king offense man. I know Alex made some bad throws, but if he can stop staring down guys, our offense looked legit for almost 3 straight quarters.

I'm with you man. I'd love to see more shotgun formations. But I'm wondering how Raye's mind is working.

what does limiting turnovers have anything to do with calling less pass plays lol

Don't you remember the Colts game? After Alex threw that pick to Crabs, the next two possessions we had were Hostler'ed (Run Run Pass Punt).
I could have told you that

Our remaining games
Thur Nov. 12 Bears - 5:20p
Sun Nov. 22 @Packers - 10:00a
Sun Nov. 29 Jaguars - 1:05p
Sun Dec. 6 @Seahawks - 1:15p
Mon Dec. 14 Cardinals - 6:30p
Sun Dec. 20 @Eagles - 10:00a
Sun Dec. 27 Lions - 1:05p
Sun Jan. 3 @Rams - 10:00a

Zonas remaining games

10 Sun, Nov 15 Seattle 4:15 PM
11 Sun, Nov 22 @ St. Louis 4:05 PM
12 Sun, Nov 29 @ Tennessee 1:00 PM
13 Sun, Dec 6 Minnesota 4:15 PM
14 Mon, Dec 14 @ San Francisco 8:30 PM
15 Sun, Dec 20 @ Detroit 1:00 PM
16 Sun, Dec 27 St. Louis 4:05 PM
17 Sun, Jan 3 Green Bay 4:15 PM

They look to have the easier road to the playoffs. They still get St louis twice and Det. Thats 3 wins right there so that puts them at 8-8. Then You gotta give them the sea game too. That puts them at 9-7. So we have to hope they lose to Tenn, Minn, San Fran, and GB otherwise they are going 10-6 or better.

[ Edited by MadMartz on Nov 11, 2009 at 11:45:15 ]
So basically that means we can only lose one more game to even have a chance.
Most likely scenario

Thur Nov. 12 Bears - W
Sun Nov. 22 @Packers - L
Sun Nov. 29 Jaguars - L
Sun Dec. 6 @Seahawks - W
Mon Dec. 14 Cardinals - W
Sun Dec. 20 @Eagles - L
Sun Dec. 27 Lions - W
Sun Jan. 3 @Rams - W

I dont mean to pi$$ in your cheerios but I think 8-8 is more realistic. Winning 4 out our last 5 would be great momentum going into the off season but thats about it. It would guarantee Alex's job as well IMO.

We HAVE to pick up a win from a legit opponent. We could catch the Packers or Jags off guard but I think McNabb and co will handle us. We'll see.

7-9 at the worst

Thur Nov. 12 Bears - W
Sun Nov. 22 @Packers - L
Sun Nov. 29 Jaguars - L
Sun Dec. 6 @Seahawks - W
Mon Dec. 14 Cardinals - L
Sun Dec. 20 @Eagles - L
Sun Dec. 27 Lions - W
Sun Jan. 3 @Rams - W

9-7 at the best
Thur Nov. 12 Bears - W
Sun Nov. 22 @Packers - W
Sun Nov. 29 Jaguars - L
Sun Dec. 6 @Seahawks - W
Mon Dec. 14 Cardinals - W
Sun Dec. 20 @Eagles - L
Sun Dec. 27 Lions - W
Sun Jan. 3 @Rams - W

Offense needs to step it up BIG time.
this thread.

Where are you guys getting this optimism? We can't beat a one win team at home -- what makes you think we're going to win tomorrow night? Or the Sunday after that?

With Alex Smith at QB?

Originally posted by billbird2111:
this thread.

Where are you guys getting this optimism? We can't beat a one win team at home -- what makes you think we're going to win tomorrow night? Or the Sunday after that?

With Alex Smith at QB?

...because we are fans...
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
this thread.

With Alex Smith at QB?

I'm a fan too -- but I don't have this optimism. Not with a QB who cannot win football games. He's lost seven in a row -- and somehow people have this optimism that he's suddenly going to put together a five or six game win streak.

I tell you. I just don't get it Niner brother.

Don't you remember the Colts game? After Alex threw that pick to Crabs, the next two possessions we had were Hostler'ed (Run Run Pass Punt).

Yeah Yeah but my original statement I meant that I want limited turnovers aka better decision making from Alex not less throwing by any means.
Originally posted by blm7754:
Jacksonville and Seattle are easy wins. I think we are more likely to win at home against Chicago than on the road at Green Bay. So to go 3 out of 4 we need to win tomorrow! Lets do it!

You are crazy, bro. They are not easy wins; no win is easy with this team. Tenn. was supposed to be easy too.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
this thread.

With Alex Smith at QB?

I'm a fan too -- but I don't have this optimism. Not with a QB who cannot win football games. He's lost seven in a row -- and somehow people have this optimism that he's suddenly going to put together a five or six game win streak.

I tell you. I just don't get it Niner brother.

You're counting the games he was playing with a grade 3 separation but I get your bigger point.

I guess I'm just trying to make the best of this situation the team is in.

Unlike previous seasons, i feel like this ten loss was more of a hiccup than a norm. Maybe the team just got over confident who knows.
Share 49ersWebzone