There are 211 users in the forums

Kevin Lynch on KNBR...(positive take on 49ers)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Be careful haters....this is a positive point of view and one I share with Kevin..enjoy:

http://www.knbr.com/common/global_audio/201/14141.mp3
What did he say? I can't listen at work unfortunately.
His most recent blog also takes a positive approach...I would assume he's saying the same things on the radio:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?blogid=45&entry_id=51404
Great positive listen for the 49er faithful!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
WTF the media is actually being positive
Originally posted by susweel:

Kevin Lynch used to be the biggest Alex Smith hater, looks like he turned around his attitude about him lol
yeah and i was actually happy when the host said, you know the four turnovers yeah, but that defense just let Young sit back there, and just have all day. The defense has to be a top 10, now that the offense is starting to produce. Lynch said i think they arent as good as they think they are. Just need a pass rusher, and we have no speed in the secondary that can match up against other fast offensive threats.
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by susweel:

Kevin Lynch used to be the biggest Alex Smith hater, looks like he turned around his attitude about him lol

i was thinkin the same thing. he said it may get worse with the turnovers, but thats growing pains of us really almost starting from scratch. He said we have an entire offense that can really be dynamic when it's all said and done. But it may not be this season. He even said he likes our future, and a few more parts, and offense another year under jimmy raye or two. Interesting

[ Edited by Jersey9er on Nov 11, 2009 at 10:52:53 ]
Just got to get some consistency and actually play 4 quarters and build on that in consecutive games. Winning will cure all problems.
The future looks bright! But we do need a couple more pieces. We do need a Pass rusher but Im surprised that they didnt mention safety. We really need a playmaker back there.

[ Edited by MadMartz on Nov 11, 2009 at 11:11:43 ]

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Thats pretty much how alot of people see the team as. A few tweaks here and there and some players stepping up and we should be contenders next year. This year should be for evaluation purposes only. Go Niners.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo63:
Thats pretty much how alot of people see the team as. A few tweaks here and there and some players stepping up and we should be contenders next year. This year should be for evaluation purposes only. Go Niners.

That's been our story for 4 years now.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by mayo63:

That's been our story for 4 years now.

That's not true, Alex got hurt 2 years ago and we've been in a holding pattern ever since. Now that we got him back we can move on and see what we've got with this team. Everyone is still pretty young so we still have time. Give it the season to see if we go foward with Alex or start over with a new Qb in the draft next year.

[ Edited by mayo63 on Nov 11, 2009 at 11:44:53 ]
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS TELLIN' PEOPLE! -Besides the turnovers, we looked f**king sharp on the offense! -Even the line was looking fluid.

You have to remember that this was the first game we went full-spread, with increased plays out of the shotgun. -You change a system abruptly there's going to be growing pains, I think we're going to kick ass tomorrow night.
There's no question that the offense moved the ball better and that Raye called his best game of the year. We opened the offense up and it was nice. Unfortunately, turnovers are gonna happen as a result and this season is gonna be a wash...also, the defense is looking like it's taking a step back.

The chance of us catching the Cards are not good. I don't see how we actually expect to do it. We have to almost win out during the 2nd half or go 7-1.
Share 49ersWebzone