There are 189 users in the forums

Are we the worst O-Line in Football?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BAD_AL:
I almost hate to bring it up, but better QB play would also improve the OL rating.

QB plays better, opens up the running game.

QB plays better, he gets away from more sacks.

The OL isn't great, but it's in much better shape than the QB situation.

You have it backwards. Don't you know how football works?
There are a lot of awful o-lines in the league so I don't know about the whole league. But it is without a doubt the worst 49er offensive line i have ever seen. I have never seen guards not even get a hand on a defensive lineman as much as I've seen with this team. The freaking defensive tackle lines up right in front of the guard for god's sake. The fact that the front office thought signing Marvel Smith and Tony Pashos would solve the problem for this season shows how out of touch and far behind the front office is.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
greenbay is pretty bad too.

Its really amazing that Rogers has a QB rating of 103 while being sacked 37 times. He may break the record held by Carr of 76 times in a season.

Yeah this should go out to the Alexeuses mob. Rodgers Oline is worse, and you can argue we have better weapons then GB....Davis, Gore, and Crabs....

Yet Rogers has better stats even though he has played less games the Smith.

Sad.

The only relevance that this has to anything is that Smith was drafted over Rodgers. There are a lot more QBs than Smith that would perform badly if they were getting hit that much. Rodgers is the exception, not the rule.

Oh right. Of course Smith and Rodgers are comparable.

Way to compare apples to apples.
Not at all, Vernon just assured the ownership and sr management that our O-line will totally and absolutely destroy the Bears's d-line.

Vernon assure us that he spoke on behalf of the O-line.
Yes.
yes
I mean come on. Is this even a question? We have 2 OT's who can't block and 2 OG's who can't block now that Staley got hurt. And we have an overrated very average Center.

Where else in the NFL have you seen anything this bad? 4 guys completely suck and 1 is marginal and overrated at least on this board.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I mean come on. Is this even a question? We have 2 OT's who can't block and 2 OG's who can't block now that Staley got hurt. And we have an overrated very average Center.

Where else in the NFL have you seen anything this bad? 4 guys completely suck and 1 is marginal and overrated at least on this board.

Detroit last year

[ Edited by King49er on Nov 11, 2009 at 23:00:45 ]
  • Dino
  • Veteran
pretty darn close to it
Originally posted by Dino:
pretty darn close to it

yup

Originally posted by King49er:

Detroit last year

Yeah but my point is this is just horrific and people want to blame Alex or Frank Gore or whatever. Until we fix the REAL PROBLEM things aren't going to get better around here. We literally need 3 - 4 new starting O LINEMEN for next year. That's just sad.
Originally posted by King49er:

Detroit last year

Yeah but my point is this is just horrific and people want to blame Alex or Frank Gore or whatever. Until we fix the REAL PROBLEM things aren't going to get better around here. We literally need 3 - 4 new starting O LINEMEN for next year. That's just sad.

Anyone who thinks those other guys are the problem obviously do not realize that the O-Line is bringing them down
Share 49ersWebzone