LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 208 users in the forums

Are we the worst O-Line in Football?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We have to uprade the o-line in the off-season.
Without a doubt In my eyes, bottom five.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
No matter how you parse the numbers, it's not a pretty picture. Our O-Line needs a makeover from top to bottom, starting with the OL Coach...

I sure hope this off season we will make this the TOP priority.

I thought the GM didn't believe in acquiring quality guards. That's why Justin Smiley is a Dolphin, right?

I think his philosophy is to not overpay for the position in the belief that a guard it the easiest position on the OL to replace. Certainly that has not been the case for us, even when using a high 2nd rounder in the case of Bass or Rachel.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:

Priority #1
  • Luca
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by tohara3:

Priority #1

Agreed!!!
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
It doesn’t do any good when guys get hurt and you constantly switch players in and out changing their positions.

They need 5 solid guys that can play an entire season together

Every year people think that one key draft pick or free agent is going to fix the entire line it doesn't work that way.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
LOL! Do I need to even answer this question. You folks know where I stand on this.

LMFAO! Instead of looking at upgrading the oline, how about upgrading the guy who was supposed to be upgrading the oline this entire time.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
LOL! Do I need to even answer this question. You folks know where I stand on this.

So... you love the Offensive Line? WTF is wrong with you?
we need 5 yokozuna's out there to dominate the trenches
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
greenbay is pretty bad too.

Its really amazing that Rogers has a QB rating of 103 while being sacked 37 times. He may break the record held by Carr of 76 times in a season.

Yeah this should go out to the Alexeuses mob. Rodgers Oline is worse, and you can argue we have better weapons then GB....Davis, Gore, and Crabs....

Yet Rogers has better stats even though he has played less games the Smith.

Sad.

The problem I still have with the Niners is the @ss backwards approach to building a team. I as well as experts acknowledge that you first start with the lines and work your way out, because its the front 7 that dictate the game. Ever since 2005 when we tried to shore up the tackle position with Jonas "Glassman" Jennings we've been struggling to find those bookends on the OL. Joe Staley could amount to a good L-OT, but if a premier LT came out in the draft or FA I'd sign 'em in a heartbeat and move Staley to RT. During the 2009 Draft we drafted the best available, a #1 WR Crabs. Passing on a talent like Michael Oher at RT I think really hurt this team this season considering the run oriented ideology on offense and how we have no solution currently.
no way Washington's line is terrible, also the Rams
I almost hate to bring it up, but better QB play would also improve the OL rating.

QB plays better, opens up the running game.

QB plays better, he gets away from more sacks.

The OL isn't great, but it's in much better shape than the QB situation.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
greenbay is pretty bad too.

Its really amazing that Rogers has a QB rating of 103 while being sacked 37 times. He may break the record held by Carr of 76 times in a season.

Yeah this should go out to the Alexeuses mob. Rodgers Oline is worse, and you can argue we have better weapons then GB....Davis, Gore, and Crabs....

Yet Rogers has better stats even though he has played less games the Smith.

Sad.

The only relevance that this has to anything is that Smith was drafted over Rodgers. There are a lot more QBs than Smith that would perform badly if they were getting hit that much. Rodgers is the exception, not the rule.
Share 49ersWebzone