LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

The Bears Are Focusing on Michael Crabtree?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Hopefully if Jason Hill gets a chance to start over the underwhelming Josh Morgan and injured Isaac Bruce, the coverage focus on Crabtree will allow Jason Hill to make some plays.

Based on pure statistical production per opportunity this season, it really should be Crabtree, Hill, Morgan, Jones, Bruce, Battle. Morgan has gotten open more than Bruce, but both have dropped key passes.

We're going to need people to step up and make plays on Thursday. This is a must win for us. We can't go 3-6 and expect to make the playoffs. We were 3-4, and the last 3-4 team I remember making the playoffs were the Super Bowl winning Patriots in 2001.

Yes, we're 3-5 now, but it can be done. We've just GOT to execute out there.

Oh so this!

I have to admit that the sound of Crabtree, Hill, and Morgan gives me hope. As opposed to Bruce, Morgan, Battle if Crabtree didn't sign, glad he did. Crabtree does have the skills and abilities to take him far in his career as a NFL WR. Like Valrod said...huh, Valrod?

What was it again...?

Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by backontop:
thats fine let them focus on Crabtree. Then we can kill them with VD, Gore, Hill(can't beleive I typed that but he looked impressive on Sunday) and Morgan

Well, Jason Hill did have 4 receptions for 50 yards and 2 TDs.

like I said looked impressive. Lets hope Smith, Crabtree, VD and Hill and hell why not throw Morgan in there start looking more impressive

Yes let's hope so!
  • TFSP
This why he started asap here. We now have a wr that has other teams preparing for. AND blood ain't even proven. He's good, but ain't proven. Sing new what he was doing when he started him so fast!
Originally posted by TFSP:
This why he started asap here. We now have a wr that has other teams preparing for. AND blood ain't even proven. He's good, but ain't proven. Sing new what he was doing when he started him so fast!

?
Vernon Davis is going to have a huge day.
Originally posted by vermonator:
Vernon Davis is going to have a huge day.

He better after his antics.
Have you heard what Jason LaCanfora said tonight on "NFL Total Access"? According to him, "The Bears are reportedly focusing their preparation for this week's game on WR Michael Crabtree. They mentioned about how strong his hands are, they view Crabtree as a #1 WR, and compare him to former Dallas Cowboys WR Michael Irvin."

They NEED to worry about Davis.
let em focus on crabtree, Vernon davis and jason hill are the ones they should worry about. especially Hill since they have only a handful of plays on tape this year to evaluate him with. crabtree will get open, thats what he does. hopefully our line gives smith enough time to find these guys
If only our QB would do that too
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
let em focus on crabtree, Vernon davis and jason hill are the ones they should worry about. especially Hill since they have only a handful of plays on tape this year to evaluate him with. crabtree will get open, thats what he does. hopefully our line gives smith enough time to find these guys

This team has so many weapons that are going to prove themselves by the end of the year.
nobody has a doubt about Crabtree anymore
Davis is a pro bowl TE now
Morgan has shown flashes
J.Hill is finally on the field and played great!
now all we need to do is at least mix in B.Jones a little and throw him a bomb or 2 down the field.

• B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:

This team has so many weapons that are going to prove themselves by the end of the year.
Morgan has shown flashes
now all we need to do is at least mix in B.Jones a little and throw him a bomb or 2 down the field.

I do. He's dropped some balls and his hands were supposed to be his best asset. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt though. I don't think his hands are the problem. He just isn't fully comfortable yet.

One thing that does worry me though is that he doesn't seem to be a deep threat. I mean, he seems like an excellent possession WR, but I'm not sure if he can beat CBs deep. We haven't seen him beat double coverage yet either. I think he's going to be a good WR, but I still do have doubts.
Originally posted by B650:

Morgan has shown flashes

I do. He's dropped some balls and his hands were supposed to be his best asset. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt though. I don't think his hands are the problem. He just isn't fully comfortable yet.

One thing that does worry me though is that he doesn't seem to be a deep threat. I mean, he seems like an excellent possession WR, but I'm not sure if he can beat CBs deep. We haven't seen him beat double coverage yet either. I think he's going to be a good WR, but I still do have doubts.

That's no surprise. We knew leading up to the draft that Crabtree wasn't much of a deep threat.
Originally posted by B650:

Morgan has shown flashes

That's no surprise. We knew leading up to the draft that Crabtree wasn't much of a deep threat.

crabtree is the complete package guys. he is a deep threat but where he is most effective is YAC. once he and smith get more chemistry and crabtree learns more of the offense they will throw him more passes in the middle to let him tear safeties and corners apart. a receiver who doesnt fully know the routes going into the middle of the field is an interception waiting to happen. thats why i think he's primarily getting comeback routes on the outsides of the field. as the offense grows so will crabtree's deep threat ability. give it time
Share 49ersWebzone