There are 86 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Singletary is All in with Smith

  • CalgaryNiner
  • Info N/A
Even if all 3 picks and the fumble were completely Alex's fault, every QB has games like that.

Peyton Manning vs. SD 2007 - 6 INTs
Drew Brees vs. Mia 2009 - 3 INTs, 1 Fumble Lost
Drew Brees vs. Atl 2008 - 3 INTs
Drew Brees vs. TB 2008 - 3 INTs
Tom Brady vs. Mia 2007 - 2 INTs, 1 Fumble Lost
Big Ben vs. NYG 2008 - 4 INTs
Big Ben vs. Ten 2008 - 2 INTs, 2 Fumbles Lost
Kurt Warner vs. Car 2009 - 5 INTs, 1 Fumble Lost
Kurt Warner vs. NYJ 2008 - 3 INTs, 3 Fumbles Lost

These are just a handful of examples and I think we can all agree that we would love to have one of these QBs guiding our team.

Before we write off Alex 2.0 as an aberration, let's give him a chance to prove that this game was the exception and not the rule. He may prove that he's still the same Alex but I think we need to have a bit more patience than this!

[ Edited by CalgaryNiner on Nov 11, 2009 at 06:02:46 ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
and that was Nolan's down fall......and it might be Sing's as well...

I'm not saying he shouldn't back his QB or anything....but it was obvious he was making excuses for Alex, at the expense of the other players......and the more he does this the more he is really "all in"......so what that sets up is, if.....if Alex struggles again and again....and again....its going to be hard for Sing to detach himself from Alex and by the time he tries to its most likely too late, ala Nolan...

like I have said before....alot of you have ALOT of Faith in Alex....I have tried to on a number of occasions...but I don't get my hopes up anymore....especially after those 2 late 4th qtr. INTs.... the first couple of turnovers fine...what ever, you know...but Alex had a chance to win the game...to redeem himself TWICE......but couldn't....so my expectations are not that high anymore with the rest of the season....we have the talent to beat most teams on our schedule....but it will come down to us limiting our turnovers (especially late in games, when it counts).....because of the type of offense we run.......

so here is hoping for the best but expecting the usual....

Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Richva9er:
Norcalninerfan if the balls hit the recievers in there hands then its on them..... PERIOD. You cannot blame a Quarterback.

so what's the point of having an accurate QB then????

why waste a #1 draft pick on a QB....why sign A big name QB off free agency....why do all this when apparently, ALL YOU NEED IS A QB THAT CAN THROW THE BALL TO A RECEIVER ...it doesn't matter if its late...doesn't matter if its off target most of the time......no ALL you need is a QB who can throw a ball in the area.....and EVERY WR is REQUIRED TO CATCH IT......YOU CAN NOT BLAME THE QB!!!

After ALL THESE YEARS...I think I am finally starting to understand the sport of Football...thankx fellas.





What about "HITS IN THE HANDS" equates to anywhere in the area? If it hits a WR in the hands, and he ran his route properly, then it is close enough and yes that catch should be made EVERY time.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,157
This is Smith's last shot basically. If Alex can't get us to the playoffs then he'll put Nate Davis in, release Alex next season and draft/trade for a QB.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by backontop:
I have already stated that Smith was responsible for 1 of the 3 INT's the other 2 were on the WR's. Looks like Singletary agrees

Why were they on the receivers? If he would have thrown the ball to them ON TIME and ACCURATELY they would have caught those!

Ummmm nobody stated that they were directly on anybody.

I mean that INT off Crabtree was weird. Crabtree and the ball were leaving the field. Instead it hit his hands and bounced back. You can't blame that on a timing issue or the Receiver for making a play on it going out of bounds. It's a freak turnover.

But now that you mention it when the ball hits you in the hands you have to reel it in. Morgan didn't do that. The ball hit him in the hands. So while it's Alex's fault Morgan has to work on his skills. Cause that hit a halfway solid Receiver in the hands and it's a catch.

The PI at the end of the game we ALL know that wasn't Alex's fault since the DB hit the Receiver before the ball got there.

Alex needs to work on his delivery to be certain. There were definitely a few passes where he was trying to force things, but I think that he'll get through that. The Receivers however have to contribute to this. Drops are part of the game but if they can work to limit that, whoever is Under Center will be better for it.

If Jerry didn't make catches that he knew he SHOULD make he would stay and work on it long after the others went home. That's how great Receivers become great.

~Ceadder

Ummmm here is the statement form the guy above:

"I have already stated that Smith was responsible for 1 of the 3 INT's the other 2 were on the WR's."

How is that not directly blaming 2 on the receivers??



There was nothing weird about it. The guy was well covered and there was only 1 place for the ball to be. To the outside shoulder so the defenders had no chance to make a play on it. Instead, it was delivered late and off target and Crabtree couldnt make the adjustment and turn his entire body back inside to grab it... and we all know what happened after that.



Morgan is extremely inconsistent and its pissing me off. The guy needs to s**t or get off the pot and make room for Jason Hill!



Agree

Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Richva9er:
Norcalninerfan if the balls hit the recievers in there hands then its on them..... PERIOD. You cannot blame a Quarterback.

so what's the point of having an accurate QB then????

why waste a #1 draft pick on a QB....why sign A big name QB off free agency....why do all this when apparently, ALL YOU NEED IS A QB THAT CAN THROW THE BALL TO A RECEIVER ...it doesn't matter if its late...doesn't matter if its off target most of the time......no ALL you need is a QB who can throw a ball in the area.....and EVERY WR is REQUIRED TO CATCH IT......YOU CAN NOT BLAME THE QB!!!

After ALL THESE YEARS...I think I am finally starting to understand the sport of Football...thankx fellas.





What about "HITS IN THE HANDS" equates to anywhere in the area? If it hits a WR in the hands, and he ran his route properly, then it is close enough and yes that catch should be made EVERY time.

If that was Fitz or Steve Smith (Carolina), those passes would have been either caught by them, or to the floor for an incomplete. In both cases, not picks
Yes, i believe that for the season Singletary is All in with Smith, and so is the front office.
Originally posted by obx49:
This is Smith's last shot basically. If Alex can't get us to the playoffs then he'll put Nate Davis in, release Alex next season and draft/trade for a QB.

Finally! Some people that know what the hell they're talking about and who's head is on earth and not in some Madden reality!
Originally posted by CalgaryNiner:
Even if all 3 picks and the fumble were completely Alex's fault, every QB has games like that.

Peyton Manning vs. SD 2007 - 6 INTs
Drew Brees vs. Mia 2009 - 3 INTs, 1 Fumble Lost
Drew Brees vs. Atl 2008 - 3 INTs
Drew Brees vs. TB 2008 - 3 INTs
Tom Brady vs. Mia 2007 - 2 INTs, 1 Fumble Lost
Big Ben vs. NYG 2008 - 4 INTs
Big Ben vs. Ten 2008 - 2 INTs, 2 Fumbles Lost
Kurt Warner vs. Car 2009 - 5 INTs, 1 Fumble Lost
Kurt Warner vs. NYJ 2008 - 3 INTs, 3 Fumbles Lost

These are just a handful of examples and I think we can all agree that we would love to have one of these QBs guiding our team.

Before we write off Alex 2.0 as an aberration, let's give him a chance to prove that this game was the exception and not the rule. He may prove that he's still the same Alex but I think we need to have a bit more patience than this!

In all reality this season is it for smith to prove if he has it or not. If he doesn't it won't go beyond this year. IMO I'm willing to see him play it out this year.
Originally posted by obx49:
This is Smith's last shot basically. If Alex can't get us to the playoffs then he'll put Nate Davis in, release Alex next season and draft/trade for a QB.

I highly doubt that. If Smith stinks it up this season, then yes he'll probably be released.

I don't think we'll see Nate Davis AT ALL this season. Davis doesn't even run the scout team reps...

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by obx49:
This is Smith's last shot basically. If Alex can't get us to the playoffs then he'll put Nate Davis in, release Alex next season and draft/trade for a QB.

I highly doubt that. If Smith stinks it up this season, then yes he'll probably be released.

I don't think we'll see Nate Davis AT ALL this season. Davis doesn't even run the scout team reps...

-9fA

BUT ITZ SO EZ ON TEH MADDINZ 10