There are 133 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Singletary is All in with Smith

• 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
What else is he supposed to say or do?

Of course he's not going to crucify his QB like Nolan did. He's not gonna fault all the picks on him. (even though it was his fault)

We have nobody else right now better than Alex, so might as well go with him.

I don't expect him to bag on his qb but he didn't need to go as far as he did in his support and defense of Smith IMO if he really felt there were Smith's , why couldn't he have said Alex knows he needs to get better at protecting the ball, end of story instead he breaks down every TO and assigns fault to it , he did say Smith knows how costly TO's are. I don't know who's fault the TO's are and neither does any of the TV viewers if that's the case then the 6 td's he has are all on him too

THE RISE OF ALEX!!
Originally posted by WestCoast:

THE RISE OF ALEX!!

Two defensive ends running free. How typical.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

THE RISE OF ALEX!!

Snyder

coach bench Snyder and bring in anyone....ANYONE!!!
Coach speak: "I am behind my guy 100%. I thought he played a great game, and not all mistakes are his. We have a bright future with him, and know that each week will be better, as we get more familiar with his stregnths".

Transalation: "He is all I have right now, so I need to get what I can out of him. I will need to keep praising him to build his confidence while he plays out the rest of the season. We need to look at this position of need in the offseason to see if we can find an upgrade"
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by backontop:

THE RISE OF ALEX!!

Snyder

coach bench Snyder and bring in anyone....ANYONE!!!

It looks like he whiffs on 2 guys on one play , outstanding!!! his guy the D end is running free as is what looks like a safety either way quality line play

Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
What else is he supposed to say or do?

Of course he's not going to crucify his QB like Nolan did. He's not gonna fault all the picks on him. (even though it was his fault)

We have nobody else right now better than Alex, so might as well go with him.

You can repeat that all the picks were Smith's fault but it doesn't make it true.

Or, we can repeat that "Alex Smith Sucks" because it is true.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Richva9er:
Norcalninerfan if the balls hit the recievers in there hands then its on them..... PERIOD. You cannot blame a Quarterback.

so what's the point of having an accurate QB then????

why waste a #1 draft pick on a QB....why sign A big name QB off free agency....why do all this when apparently, ALL YOU NEED IS A QB THAT CAN THROW THE BALL TO A RECEIVER ...it doesn't matter if its late...doesn't matter if its off target most of the time......no ALL you need is a QB who can throw a ball in the area.....and EVERY WR is REQUIRED TO CATCH IT......YOU CAN NOT BLAME THE QB!!!

After ALL THESE YEARS...I think I am finally starting to understand the sport of Football...thankx fellas.

The job of the QB is to get the ball into the hands of the WR.

If it gets there, after that it's on the WR to actually catch it. Just my opinion.

-9fA

They teach you as a WR to come back to the ball. Especially on a stop route. That eliminates the DB coming over the top. Apparently Crabtree is one of the only guys on the team that knows this.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Let's see if sing is still behind him when he throws another 3 INT's on Thursday.

If Alex can threw the yards like almost 300 yards? Or if he threw the 3 TD on thursday?? that is good enough? let me know.... Alex alway focus to play when he was better much to read the offenses that he threw the quick a time because he knows that Oline can't holding a time! that is fact! He is very improve much than last 2005, 2006 and 2007 years.. He look different now than before!

THE RISE OF ALEX!!

haha

i think that might have been the play he fumbled on

THE RISE OF ALEX!!

two defensive ends running free that damn! Oline is not good! Synder didn't block the guy when guy force Alex's fumble on 3 qrt that did u want to blame on alex? you see? Alex does know that he threw the quick a time because he know that Oline can't holding.. So, Alex is hard a time and not blame with them Oline.. Because he can do best it by himself.. that good! Oline will trust him if he is good a qb then!! then wait and be patient! if you can't be patient cuz u're all complain!! stop crying yourself! growing up dude!
Here is a link from KNBR regarding the 49ers, Alex Smith, and the direction the team is heading.

Originally posted by Spoonerism:
Here is a link from KNBR regarding the 49ers, Alex Smith, and the direction the team is heading.

Oops

KevinLynch
  • Pogity
  • Info N/A
I would submit that in the first half of the Titans game was the best 30 min of offense we've put together all season.

Take a look back at the "Titans vs 49ers Gameday Thread" from right before halftime. There were "Alex Montana" jokes (cuz he and Jason Hill kinda reenacted "The Catch"). He had thrown for almost 200 yds in the first half and efficiently moved the Offense up and down the field repeatedly. Everyone was all over his cajones singing his praises at that time, including Rich Gannon, I might add (the one whose snappy analysis convinced many us that Alex is always late on his throws).

I choose not to ignore that first half.
I hope Alex & the recievers step up this week.