LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 246 users in the forums

Nate Davis time?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Nate Davis time?

by time time we get to lions and hawks... and noting good has come out of this season? what the heck... give the kid a try.
I'd love to see what the guy really has, but the only way I want him out there is if Alex and Shaun are both hurt.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I'd love to see what the guy really has, but the only way I want him out there is if Alex and Shaun are both hurt.

alex and shaun need to break arms.... its worthless anyways!! but most likely sing wont start a rookie.
MM already answered this on his twitter that Davis is in no position to be the starter in the middle of the season. And that the last time he played was on the preseason. So it will be hill or Smith which one would suck less.

[ Edited by nothing03 on Nov 9, 2009 at 22:35:56 ]
by time time we get to lions and hawks... and noting good has come out of this season? what the heck... give the kid a try
i hope we dont have to see him this year. i want him to get a full grasp on the offense before he's tossed into the fire. lets not destroy another young QB. smith looks to be on the rebound and i hope he finishes the year at QB. i think he is getting better by the game but if he falters nate davis' development is more important than a few meaningless games at the end of the year. leave him on the bench
Originally posted by RedAndGoldArmy:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

alex and shaun need to break arms.... its worthless anyways!! but most likely sing wont start a rookie.

The rule is don't start one until you have to. And we don't have to.
Yes, so 2.5 games later we can put Shaun back in and then 2.5 games later we'll continue the revolving joke.

~Ceadder
with our O-Line, Nate Davis won't ever want to play professional football again. let's wait for next year and an o-line that can keep him upright. otherwise, we'll give him the Alex Smith Special and that recipe leads to failure
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Yes, so 2.5 games later we can put Shaun back in and then 2.5 games later we'll continue the revolving joke.

~Ceadder

I think the point is that if we lose the next two games, it doesn't matter if we do some experimentation at that point.

Nate Davis has more physical ability than Alex Smith. He might be terrible, but if the season is lost anyway, it cannot hurt to see how he would look in a regular season game.

[ Edited by BrianGO on Nov 10, 2009 at 15:07:28 ]

No

thread
Originally posted by BrianGO:

~Ceadder

I think the point is that if we lose the next two games, it doesn't matter if we do some experimentation at that point.

Nate Davis has more physical ability than Alex Smith. He might be terrible, but if the season is lost anyway, it cannot hurt to see how he would look in a regular season game.

Nate davis may be a lil bigger and have a better arm but in terms of athletes smith > davis
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Originally posted by BrianGO:

~Ceadder

Nate davis may be a lil bigger and have a better arm but in terms of athletes smith > davis

Correct, Smith can run faster. I was just referring to throwing ability, in terms of speed of release, speed of ball, as well as how easily one can throw from an awkward angle.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Not until the season is a total loss.
Share 49ersWebzone