LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 170 users in the forums

The 49ers Are STILL a Team in Transition - DEAL WITH IT

Shop Find 49ers gear online
When was the last time a 49er team this decade was in a position to win games against a former Super Bowl champion like the Indianapolis Colts or a current favorite like the Minnesota Vikings?

All this Alex sucks stuff and fire the GM and Coach Sing is crazy threads won't earn your team a WIN at all.

The offensive line play has been poor and Alex Smith has made some bone headed decisions, but they're finally putting points up on the board and moving the ball down the field like a PROFESSIONAL football team.

The pass rush is no doubt bi-polar and injuries have shredded the secondary. The deck is stacked even higher and the San Francisco 49ers need to learn to finish games WITH THE LEAD and not shoot themselves in the foot, as what happened during this losing streak.

They're still crawling and not in the "walking phase" or "running phase" yet.

They are still a 7-9 team until they prove OTHERWISE.

[ Edited by DrE_DiESeL97 on Nov 9, 2009 at 20:53:02 ]
Listen to the Dr.
C'mon Dre, it's Coach's first year...we should be undefeated!!!

I totally agree!!!!

However, understanding and vision will be hard to grow in this garden.

[ Edited by ninertico on Nov 9, 2009 at 20:55:09 ]
Originally posted by ninertico:

I totally agree!!!!

JUST DOING MY PART TO SUPPORT MY TEAM!
Thank you....everybody seems so upset....but at the beginning of the year it was clear to me we where a 7-9 to 10-6 team give or take a game......but we will be much better next year with another for the players to Gel and build some consitancy.
Originally posted by DrE_DiESeL97:
Originally posted by ninertico:

I totally agree!!!!

JUST DOING MY PART TO SUPPORT MY TEAM!

I always hope that they can achieve beyond their means for an optimistic appraisal of a given year especially this one. Well, we have some pieces that seem to get us to a certain level reaching, but oh so close...soooooooo close, huh?

I am looking forward to see how this extraordinary recipe for success turns out...right now the chef needs just a lil more time which will be worth the delicacy of championships served before us.

Any great recipe takes time to get right...any chef knows that...

Yeah this is a team in transition. Eternal transition. Chalk that up to another lame excuse by the naive homer fans. Five years after hitting rock bottom this team is still getting outplayed and making dumbass mistakes week after week and losing games. If some of you want to be like sheep and accept it, fine. Go right ahead. But don't expect the entire fan base to be satisfied with the results on the field. Some of us have a higher standard and are fed up with 7 straight seasons of losing football. Close losses against better teams are still losses. Good teams win close games, bad teams lose close games. After 6 years of so-called transition we still only have moral victories to celebrate.
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Yeah this is a team in transition. Eternal transition. Chalk that up to another lame excuse by the naive homer fans. Five years after hitting rock bottom this team is still getting outplayed and making dumbass mistakes week after week and losing games. If some of you want to be like sheep and accept it, fine. Go right ahead. But don't expect the entire fan base to be satisfied with the results on the field. Some of us have a higher standard and are fed up with 7 straight seasons of losing football. Close losses against better teams are still losses. Good teams win close games, bad teams lose close games. After 6 years of so-called transition we still only have moral victories to celebrate.

Bill Walsh's team took a COUPLE of years before anything started to work.

I'm sorry but Bill Walsh ran circles around Singletary in every aspect of coaching. Even in motivating the team. Comparing Singletary to Walsh is down right delusional. By his second year Walsh's team was showing flashes. Singletary's team has regressed since his interim first year.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I think we are all on an emotional roller coaster. Smith's second half against Houston
had some of us pretty excited about what was ahead, up to that point the season seemed lost. This loss against the Titans yanked the rug back out from under us.
I just hope Alex can get better. No play-offs for 7 years is tough on us long term fans
who saw 17 straight years of 10 or more wins.

I'm sorry but Bill Walsh ran circles around Singletary in every aspect of coaching. Even in motivating the team. Comparing Singletary to Walsh is down right delusional. By his second year Walsh's team was showing flashes. Singletary's team has regressed since his interim first year.

Regressed? Seriously? If it wasn't for Sing we would not be hanging with the elite teams this year. Those are games we would get murdered.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

Walsh could actually call plays...when was the last time you saw sing with a playsheet??
The lack of support for our team and its coach and constant pi$$ing and moaning like a bunch of f**king babies makes me sick.

That's the real embarrassment.
4 turnovers against a defense that was ranked dead last in the league. Not even the '08 team pulled off anything like that. Please stop it with the close games against top teams excuse. Nolan's team in '05 came within 2 points of beating a Seattle team that went to the Super Bowl that year. Where the f*ck did that get this franchise? In this league you either win or lose. Moral victories are for cellar dwellers.
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
Thank you....everybody seems so upset....but at the beginning of the year it was clear to me we where a 7-9 to 10-6 team give or take a game......but we will be much better next year with another for the players to Gel and build some consitancy.

7-9 is a whole lot different than 10-6. According to Young, it's the hardest step to take. If someone made a honest thread like this before the season, everyone would of jumped all over them for being negative and a fake fan. Yes, this is the same 7-9 team we've had for a couple of years. I'm getting tired of this, and would love for us to take the "next step" sometime soon.
Share 49ersWebzone