There are 50 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

a big feud between Sing and Cohn starting

Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
I hope Lowell rips him a new one. Thank god, someone can keep him honest maybe.. Some of the things he said were pure fantasy, not to mention what he said about Smith's play yesterday..

Reminds me of the farm smells comin over to my house when there's no wind..

Personally, I've liked his work over the years, he almost never fails to say it straight, the way he feels. He has mad a lot of enemy's over the years..

NINERS!!

That's great he can write what he wants . . . it's his column . . . he just shouldn't expect Singletary to agree with him.
Does anyone here remember Bill Walsh going off on the media after the Niners went 6-5 to start the '88 season?

Just saying...all coaches go nuts on the media from time to time.
  • B650
  • Veteran
This thread is still going?
Originally posted by petethekiller:
yeah Cohn has always had a bone to pick with singletary. He is on a Dave Del Grande mission. He had issues with Sing wearing a cross on gameday. I think he just has it out for Sing and the only way to shut up a guy like Cohn is by winning.

What is his issue with Singletary wearing a cross?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by petethekiller:
yeah Cohn has always had a bone to pick with singletary. He is on a Dave Del Grande mission. He had issues with Sing wearing a cross on gameday. I think he just has it out for Sing and the only way to shut up a guy like Cohn is by winning.

What is his issue with Singletary wearing a cross?

He's a vampire.
Cohn's an ass plain and simple... here he writes about pissing off Richard Seymour
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Cohn's an ass plain and simple... here he writes about pissing off Richard Seymour

What an amateur.

-9fA
Didn't hear him ask a question today . . . the Cohn of silence.
His article was pretty fair too. Very neutral. Still mentioned problems, but also gave credit
Lowell Cohn is an old school writer who has bounced around the Bay Area news sector for years. He's done featuring writing, opinion columns, food reviews and sports. He lacks basic fundamental football knowledge and makes up for it using the every day guy edge. He's now relegated to holding Matt Maiocco's jock strap every week with secondary sports stories about the Warriors and Sharks now that football season has come along.

I'm actually surprised Mike Singletary treated him with as much respect as he did.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Lolz..
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Does anyone here remember Bill Walsh going off on the media after the Niners went 6-5 to start the '88 season?

Just saying...all coaches go nuts on the media from time to time.

reality is frowned upon here in Niner Talk...
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Very nice!
Cohn was front and center for Mike's post game press conf. Anyone that thinks that ugly win somehow gives Singletary the last laugh on his dustup with Cohn is kidding themselves. The article had several valid points and last nights game did nothing to erase the doubts many have about this team.