LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 390 users in the forums

Jimmy Raye

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Can anyone relate or make a connection between how long it takes raye to respond to a question during his press conferences and maybe him taking to long to decide on a play to call? It seems this year, there have been alot of delay of game penaties. I know they keep saying it's the qb's head set but I don't know. Could these two things be related?
Jimmy Raye's play calling has been significantly responsible for our recent losses.
With Shaun Hill at QB, we ran the ball close to 25 times a game. This has been reduced (less than 20 per game in the last two games) with addition of Crabtree and Smith in the lineup. Jimmy Raye has been more aggressive with the passing game too soon with Crabtree missing camp and Alex Smith trying get the rust out not having enough game playing time.

Jimmy Raye should have stuck with more runs until Smith and Crabtree got up to speed. This would have reduced the number of turnovers. Too much has been expected of Smith and Crabtree so soon.

This is just poor preparation and play calling on the part of Jimmy Raye. It's ok if we get some three and outs early in the process - we got so many of them with Hill, but had less turnovers. But this is just a matter of the offense getting more game time together. Thumbs down to Jimmy Raye.
  • TFSP
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Jimmy Raye's play calling has been significantly responsible for our recent losses.
With Shaun Hill at QB, we ran the ball close to 25 times a game. This has been reduced (less than 20 per game in the last two games) with addition of Crabtree and Smith in the lineup. Jimmy Raye has been more aggressive with the passing game too soon with Crabtree missing camp and Alex Smith trying get the rust out not having enough game playing time.

Jimmy Raye should have stuck with more runs until Smith and Crabtree got up to speed. This would have reduced the number of turnovers. Too much has been expected of Smith and Crabtree so soon.

This is just poor preparation and play calling on the part of Jimmy Raye. It's ok if we get some three and outs early in the process - we got so many of them with Hill, but had less turnovers. But this is just a matter of the offense getting more game time together. Thumbs down to Jimmy Raye.

Dude, you are tripping. You know you were a poster that wished we'd opened up the offense. Now that it wasn't successful, you wish for the opposite. Jimmy has been doing what he can do with the talent we have. He's not going to be responsible for getting AS crushed again. Not on his watch. STOP BIT** about Jimmy Raye people!
  • Chief
  • Veteran
The offensive play calling versus the Titans was the best I have seen all year from him, we just didn't make it work. If we could make those plays work and not give the other team the ball I will have a big jump in respect for the slow old SOB.
Originally posted by Chief:
The offensive play calling versus the Titans was the best I have seen all year from him, we just didn't make it work. If we could make those plays work and not give the other team the ball I will have a big jump in respect for the slow old SOB.

It was good yesterday, we put some points on the board. Would have been enough to win, but the 4 turnovers killed us something fierce!

There's always next time?
what do any of your responses have to do with my comparison?
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by insanemike27:
what do any of your responses have to do with my comparison?

zero, triangles.. 1 2 3!
Share 49ersWebzone