There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Get ready to see Robinson at RB vs Chicago

I wish we still had Sheets!
what was the name of that dude we were looking at? too lazy to google....... i think he should be signed
Originally posted by jimbagg:
I'm not questioning Gore's toughness. He has proved that many times over. But I am saying that an RB, any RB, who has a vision problem, should not be expected to last very long in an NFL game. If an RB doesn't have peripheral vision and depth of vision, he just can't be effective and will be vulnerable to serious injury and to becoming a serious turnover liability. Frank may start, but I suspect that Robinson will be at RB early and often in this game. For those who haven't observed Robinson during TC, he is a very sure pass receiver and a talented pass protector. We can see that Robinson has no fear as a ball carrier, but his elusiveness is lacking.

i agree that he needs vision to protect himself and make the right cuts but i think his eye will be much better by thursday and M. Rob is a capable back up. he showed great burst in the return game yesterday, the only thing about him is he's not elusive, he's a run u over type of back. we'll see how it goes but i think Gore will be ready to play and if Robinson plays I trust him. i wish they would do some options like tennessee did yesterday, with a mobile QB and good RB's we should take advantage of that, especially with M. Rob who can also pass. the colts got us good with that addai pass.
I want to see Robinson and gore in the backfield at the same time, we could use him like we used Rathman, he has great hands and to bring him down 1 on 1 is a freaking nightmare.

what you guys thing? me for OC?
Originally posted by 9ermex:
I want to see Robinson and gore in the backfield at the same time, we could use him like we used Rathman, he has great hands and to bring him down 1 on 1 is a freaking nightmare.

what you guys thing? me for OC?

i wanna see some option passes and runs like tennessee and indy did against us. M. Rob can throw so i wanna see them utilize that
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

no...we shouldnt
MRob is not a good RB.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Robinson should just stick to doing interviews.

[ Edited by B650 on Nov 9, 2009 at 15:16:42 ]
I am hopeful that Robinson can run behind our crappy Oline but not expecting miracles.
Originally posted by jimbagg:
Frank Gore has a left eye swollen shut from a poke in the eye.

Glen Coffee has already been declared out with a concussion.

The Niners must play about 72 hours from now.

Michael Robinson is the only "healthy" RB available. I expect that the game plan will be put together with the expectation that Robinson will be the RB for the majority of this game. The Robinson "haters" on this board (not me) will just love that anticipation!

I expect Robinson to be replaced as the KR in this game, because of his value as a RB in this game. The logical KR replacement, Delanie Walker, is also dinged-up. Why not give a 'tough guy" like Morgan a shot as KR this week?

Source?
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Dang, Gore usually wears a shield too!

Eh...Robinson. Norris is more exciting to watch IMO! Looks like Sheets would have been nice to have!!!

Gore will play!!! He's had 2 Shoulder and Knee surgeries...he wont let this stop him. If he can see...he'll play!!!
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
MRob is not a good RB.

thats why i said he was a good reciever
One of those dirty ass Titans reached in his facemask at bottom of pile. They were taking alot of cheap & late shots.
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
Dang, Gore usually wears a shield too!

Eh...Robinson. Norris is more exciting to watch IMO! Looks like Sheets would have been nice to have!!!

Gore will play!!! He's had 2 Shoulder and Knee surgeries...he wont let this stop him. If he can see...he'll play!!!

Hey at least we got 7 LB's that can't rush the QB........