There are 22 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What do the 9ers have to do to beat Da Bears?

• B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Put Shaun Hill back into the starting lineup.

This...at least we know Hill won't throw 3 picks in a game

Cus his passes never even reach the secondary.

The guy is a winner...smith is 0-7 his last 7 games...Smith is sucks its plain and simple...bring back Hill!

a winner against scrub teams

name a winning team he's beaten

Name any team Smith has beat PERIOD!

Seattle.
Arizona.
St. Louis.
Oakland.
. . . .

Smith is Garbage when will you people realize that? Now im not saying Hill is the answer but he's a better option than Smith

Because losing 23-7 and gaining 50 yards of total offense is much better than losing 30-27. You're in the minority. Most people don't want Hill starting because he's old and talentless. This includes the head coach of our team, Mike Singletary. I think his opinion matters more than yours.

That is all.

At least we were winning with Hill he had 2 bad games and he got the boot...smith has been terrible his whole career.

Yep, we were winning. We were on pace for a magical 8-8 record with Jesus Hill at QB.

The guy is a winner...smith is 0-7 his last 7 games...Smith is sucks its plain and simple...bring back Hill!

Seattle.
Arizona.
St. Louis.
Oakland.
. . . .

Smith is Garbage when will you people realize that? Now im not saying Hill is the answer but he's a better option than Smith

Because losing 23-7 and gaining 50 yards of total offense is much better than losing 30-27. You're in the minority. Most people don't want Hill starting because he's old and talentless. This includes the head coach of our team, Mike Singletary. I think his opinion matters more than yours.

That is all.

At least we were winning with Hill he had 2 bad games and he got the boot...smith has been terrible his whole career.

Yep, we were winning. We were on pace for a magical 8-8 record with Jesus Hill at QB.

With Smith at QB we are on pace for 3-13
Originally posted by susweel:
I asked this in another thread

But is this game only on nfl network?

Is some local channel gonna show it?

Im asking because I dont have NFL network ?

Yeah it will be on channel 12 or 44..on the CW

I hope they show it here in Stockton or Im gonna have to find a bar thats showing it.
  • B650
  • Veteran

Seattle.
Arizona.
St. Louis.
Oakland.
. . . .

That is all.

At least we're fun to watch and we know at the end of the season if we need a QB or not. With Hill in there, we go 8-8 and still have no idea what we have. Shaun Hill is not the answer. Is he better than Smith? Who cares? We aren't going to win a Super Bowl with Shaun Hill. The fact that he's been replaced now is a good thing. We don't want to waste any more time.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Plz lets not turn this into a Smith vs. Hill thread.

Seattle.
Arizona.
St. Louis.
Oakland.
. . . .

That is all.

At least we're fun to watch and we know at the end of the season if we need a QB or not. With Hill in there, we go 8-8 and still have no idea what we have. Shaun Hill is not the answer. Is he better than Smith? Who cares? We aren't going to win a Super Bowl with Shaun Hill. The fact that he's been replaced now is a good thing. We don't want to waste any more time.

In that case might as well throw in Nate Davis to see what he has.
Finally I get to see a 9er game on TV...

Hill and Smith = Garbage

[ Edited by ktate14 on Nov 9, 2009 at 15:09:52 ]
  • B650
  • Veteran

Seattle.
Arizona.
St. Louis.
Oakland.
. . . .

That is all.

In that case might as well throw in Nate Davis to see what he has.

I wouldn't mind.

Seattle.
Arizona.
St. Louis.
Oakland.
. . . .

That is all.

Thank You.

Would you rather see us move the ball on offense, sure we lose but at least we score 21 points and we get to see Crabtree/Hill/VD make plays.

OR

Get a whopping 150 yards of total offense, Gore getting stuffed on every play because of no deep threat due to Hill's arm. Crabtree/Hill getting no looks their way, sure no turnovers but we still lose because we can't score 14 points unless Gore breaks one.

I hope they show it here in Stockton or Im gonna have to find a bar thats showing it.

they always play the niner games on local channels in stockton man. if they dont, go to my job, its a pizza place on pershing called joes pomadoro, they have 4 plasma screens and they get all the games
Originally posted by Nes49:

Yah just cheer who ever is playing. No need to turn this into an un-winnable debate.
Originally posted by Nes49:

Yah just cheer who ever is playing. No need to turn this into an un-winnable debate.

True.

Go Niners
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

they always play the niner games on local channels in stockton man. if they dont, go to my job, its a pizza place on pershing called joes pomadoro, they have 4 plasma screens and they get all the games

U work over there... Cool

I will come check it out if its not on.
Hope for the best, expect the worse.
1- Run the ball. The Bears defense is soft, especially up the middle.

2- Set up play-action. Their LBs seem to bite on everything.

3- Be aggressive and play to win. Enough with close 4th-quarter losses. Let's get up on these guys and put them away early. We have a far superior defense, and we should win this game.

4- Protect Alex Smith. If he has time, he'll pick apart the Bears weak defense.

5- Apply pressure on Cutler. Force him to beat you. I think it's going to be hard for them because we match up well, assuming we get in Cutler's face. If we can't, it could be another long day.

6- Cut down on sloppiness and turnovers.

7- Contain Greg Olson. We can't allow another TE to have a monster day against us.

Just 6 and we willl win. Slopppiness contributed to Johnson's 4th and goal run, M.Lewis bad angle on his big run, and AS carelessness with the football (he hit the guy on the helmet when he fumbled for a 21 yard loss.

And we have to limit to turnovers. If they are high, then we must cause turnovers on defense as well. You can't overcome turnovers if you team doesn't cause any...