LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 308 users in the forums

Have You Lost Faith in HC Mike Singletary?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Have You Lost Faith in HC Mike Singletary?

• Veteran
Originally posted by posterX:
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
Originally posted by posterX:
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
ok understand that SOME of you guys didnt want singletary hired on day 1 but can you really blame the guy? like what coach sing said "its not a 1 man team"..ok lets say we got gruden or shan or whoever else.... with an OL and QB like that i think the teams record is still where its at right now they are jst brand name coach's....everything starts up top so Scotty and Jed needs to start gettin players that can play the game n not ride the damn IR or the bench the whole season.

Come on, man. How many years are we going to have to sit through this garbage? The guy is clearly overmatched and out of his element. This is an embarrassment. I'm embarrassed to have this guy as the head coach of my favorite team. This "holier than thou" attitude that he attempts to convey is just unbecoming and played out already. I never wanted the guy in the first place, thought he was the worst possible hire; nothing more than a gimmick. There are many candidates out there that would instantly improve this team. It's just like with Nolan... addition by subtraction.

yes there are many candidates out there...BUT again the head coach can only do so much, he's not the one on the field playing....you can have the best coach but if your OL can only give ur QB ( who is garbage ) so little time to throw then ur team is f*ked...there are alot of holes in this team that needs to get patched up ...i bet you if coach sing was hired by a good team and does well ...all of us in here would be sayin that we should've hired this guy..blah blah blah

I simply don't believe that any quality organization or GM worth their salt would have made this hire. Heck, Baylor wouldn't hire the guy. Listen, he's a nice guy, a passionate guy, but not the guy you want coaching your team on Sundays. This is the perfect year to cut ties quickly and move in a competent direction. Even the Browns are starting get it. We can't afford to be asleep anymore.

I am afraid the ownership is not competent enough to figure the mess that they have in their hand.
Originally posted by susweel:
The team didn't improve the roster much from last year so my expectations going into the season probably were a lot lower then some. I really didnt expect Sing to make to much of a dramatic difference. He cleaned up some of the things but this is still McNolan's team.

Sing deserves to bring in his type of players and then we can truly judge him.

This.
I have faith in Singletary. Dude's been here one year, he needs a chance to establish the kind of team he wants.

First thing to address, I'm sure he'll agree, is the oline.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
I love the fact Singletary will do whatever it takes to win. Yank Hill, Open up the offense, start Crabtree. I almost have more faith in him. We just need better players.

this.

x3

We do need better players and Sing does hold them accountable, but I don't see him doing the same with coaches. Because a couple of them need sent to the locker room for the day. We also need to upgrade a couple of coaching positions and this is Sings Job.
  • mighty9ers
  • Info N/A
no chance
Reminds me of the "Rolling with Nolan" threads. Let's hope this ends better.
After having a little more time to think about it, im feeling a little more optimistic.

I think coach Sing is still learning on the fly, but I also think he is a quick study.

I think we have the personel to be successful, but it still hasn't clicked.

The best thing for this team is stability. I wouldnt mind getting rid of Raye next year, but only if he is replaced with someone who runs his same system (like the QB coach).

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Nov 9, 2009 at 20:12:17 ]
There is no mess.

The structure is there. I even predicted a losing streak in the middle of the season in a previous article. This is no surprise to me at all.

Coach Sing has the team on the right track. We've been close in every game except the Atlanta game. This wasn't a very good football team for most of this decade!

What more do you people want?

BILL WALSH?!

[ Edited by DrE_DiESeL97 on Nov 9, 2009 at 20:14:29 ]
I love the fact Singletary will do whatever it takes to win. Yank Hill, Open up the offense, start Crabtree. I almost have more faith in him. We just need better players.

I got another one to add.....how about not forcing Raytard to change his play-calling? The guy truly is a Raytard.
Originally posted by DrE_DiESeL97:
There is no mess.

The structure is there. I even predicted a losing streak in the middle of the season in a previous article. This is no surprise to me at all.

Coach Sing has the team on the right track. We've been close in every game except the Atlanta game. This wasn't a very good football team for most of this decade!

BILL WALSH?!

THE CLEVELAND BROWNS HAVE BEEN CLOSE IN EVERY GAME! DOES THAT MEAN THEY'RE ON THE RIGHT TRACK?!? LOL

Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

this.

x3

Exactly, Nolan would never make these very necessary change. If guys aren't performing, they get off the field. That was my biggest gripe of the Nolan era. So far this year we have:
Goldson over Roman
Snyder in for Chilo and Pashos in for Snyder before the injuries
Smith in for Hill
Crabtree a starter
J Hill replacing Bruce
T. Brown over Clements
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
There is no mess.

BILL WALSH?!

THE CLEVELAND BROWNS HAVE BEEN CLOSE IN EVERY GAME! DOES THAT MEAN THEY'RE ON THE RIGHT TRACK?!? LOL

You're either on crack or watching some other Cleveland Browns team. 6 of Cleveland's 7 losses have been by 13 or more points, 4 have been by 21+.

[ Edited by PA9erFaithful on Nov 9, 2009 at 20:23:12 ]
TK from the Mecury News said it best we are going to see if he can coach now. I predicted 9-7 but had us winning this last one to be at 4-4. 6-2 is no easy task and Thursday is a must win.

These games are going to be good - it really will show If Alex can play if Singletary can coach of McClueless had any clue what he was doing besides the gimmie picks.

If we loose Thursday the rest of the season is going to PAINFUL - and it is going to make my day in Seahawks stadium for my 31st birthday REALLY suck.
I haven't The new owner hasn't really earned my faith and the GM has lost my faith.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
There is no mess.

BILL WALSH?!

You're either on crack or watching some other Cleveland Browns team. 6 of Cleveland's 7 losses have been by 13 or more points, 4 have been by 21+.

Exactly....

At least this team can hang with the more talented teams in the NFL unlike in previous years.

This team hasn't been to the playoffs in a VERY VERY long time (well for us LONG TIME FANS) and any sign of improvement is a good sign.

They still in CRAP mode until the 49ers actually make the playoffs, so deal with it FAIR WEATHER FANS. At least there's solid leadership that holds people accountable for once.

[ Edited by DrE_DiESeL97 on Nov 9, 2009 at 20:32:39 ]
Share 49ersWebzone