There are 128 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Have You Lost Faith in HC Mike Singletary?

Have You Lost Faith in HC Mike Singletary?

Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by JohnnyMo49:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by JohnnyMo49:
Originally posted by PTulini:
You guys should keep in mind as well that our 4 straight losses have come from very good teams! (Atlanta, Houston, Indianapolis, and Tennessee) Yes, Tennessee! They have a very good head coach and were 13-3 JUST LAST YEAR. They are a talented team. 3 of the 4 are playoff calliber teams.

I'm glad someone is seeing this. The Titans got back all of their players back last week against the Jaguars. Their Pro Bowler CB Finnegan and R. Hood. The Titans aren't as bad as their record shows. People thought this was going to be a easy win because of their record. They are still practically the same team last year just without Haynesworth. They have a great OL, elite RB, average WR's and a OK QB who did enough to win the game. He marched his team down field and won the game for them, unlike our QB who choked in the 4th quarter.

So it's okay because we're losing to good teams? I thought we were supposed to be good . . .

No it's not okay. ^^They don't think it's okay either, they are just providing a small justification in that we are not quite as good as the good teams we're facing. You thinking that they think it's okay isn't okay either.

Justifying losses sounds a lot like making excuses IMO

No it's not okay, but that's the thing we don't have the same talent as the teams we are losing to. We aren't as bad as the Rams, Seahawks or Browns, but we don't have the talent like the Colts, Minnesota or Texans. Singletary can only do so much, he is bringing out the best out of all our players (VD, putting in Crabtree, Franklin etc) Fact is we still have a question mark at QB, s**tty OL, that alone will lose you games against the good teams.

If we lost to the Rams, Hawks etc...then yes I would want Singletary out of here.

I agree with what you said. I just hate when fans try to make us look better just because we have a tough schedule, at the end of the day nobody cares how hard your schedule is. Good teams find a way to win, and THIS team is not good enough.
He has eight games to show me something. I am not buying this rah rah B.S anymore. Like he says DON"T TELL ME, SHOW ME, well its time to show me.
ok understand that SOME of you guys didnt want singletary hired on day 1 but can you really blame the guy? like what coach sing said "its not a 1 man team"..ok lets say we got gruden or shan or whoever else.... with an OL and QB like that i think the teams record is still where its at right now they are jst brand name coach's....everything starts up top so Scotty and Jed needs to start gettin players that can play the game n not ride the damn IR or the bench the whole season.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Coach Singletary did nothing wrong! He is an outstanding motivator that translates to a good coach. It's not his fault that he coached some of our players to their max potential. If they are not cutting it then lets get new players for him to coach with better potential.
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
ok understand that SOME of you guys didnt want singletary hired on day 1 but can you really blame the guy? like what coach sing said "its not a 1 man team"..ok lets say we got gruden or shan or whoever else.... with an OL and QB like that i think the teams record is still where its at right now they are jst brand name coach's....everything starts up top so Scotty and Jed needs to start gettin players that can play the game n not ride the damn IR or the bench the whole season.

Come on, man. How many years are we going to have to sit through this garbage? The guy is clearly overmatched and out of his element. This is an embarrassment. I'm embarrassed to have this guy as the head coach of my favorite team. This "holier than thou" attitude that he attempts to convey is just unbecoming and played out already. I never wanted the guy in the first place, thought he was the worst possible hire; nothing more than a gimmick. There are many candidates out there that would instantly improve this team. It's just like with Nolan... addition by subtraction.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by posterX:

Come on, man. How many years are we going to have to sit through this garbage? The guy is clearly overmatched and out of his element. This is an embarrassment. I'm embarrassed to have this guy as the head coach of my favorite team. This "holier than thou" attitude that he attempts to convey is just unbecoming and played out already. I never wanted the guy in the first place, thought he was the worst possible hire; nothing more than a gimmick. There are many candidates out there that would instantly improve this team. It's just like with Nolan... addition by subtraction.

LOL. Must be an illusion right.
I don't know. There are so many things going wrong now. You think the team might be getting better and then a stinker like yesterday comes along. I wasn't thinking Super Bowl, but better than this.
Nah, give him at least another full season before I can pass judgement....
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
We have pretty much the same team from last year. No big off season moves through FA. I still have faith we will address our needs next year through the draft and hopefully makes some big moves in FA. If not it's just going to be a repeat, it starts from the FO not Singletary. Sure there are some questionable moves by his part (benching Jason Hill, "power run team") for the most part he is learning from his mistakes and doing something about it. He is still a rookie HC, what I admire about him is the fire our players come out and play with, fact of the matter is that those pep talks can only get you so far. At least he makes changes when needed.

I agree , he's made some mistakes but I'll give him some credit he is willing to adapt and I think that's a pretty big deal, I don't think he's a great coach but I also think he may know that and knows his limitations and as I said is willing to change to better the team

We turn the ball over 4 times and Sing is overmatched and out of his element? You think we were outcoached yesterday? No, we were out hustled.

You blame Sing for Smith misreading a defensive formation?
You blame Sing for Morgan giving up and letting the DB beat him?
You blame Sing for the makeshift O-line getting bull-rushed all day?

A coach can only deal with the talent he's been given, and the injuries that talent has been dealt. I don't think there are many coaches out there that can do any better given the adversity.

yes there are many candidates out there...BUT again the head coach can only do so much, he's not the one on the field playing....you can have the best coach but if your OL can only give ur QB ( who is garbage ) so little time to throw then ur team is f*ked...there are alot of holes in this team that needs to get patched up ...i bet you if coach sing was hired by a good team and does well ...all of us in here would be sayin that we should've hired this guy..blah blah blah
the 9ers are a young team that is learning how to finish and how to win. this team needs a leader and that is exactly what Singletary is. he has the players respect, he does what is right for the team.

yes there are many candidates out there...BUT again the head coach can only do so much, he's not the one on the field playing....you can have the best coach but if your OL can only give ur QB ( who is garbage ) so little time to throw then ur team is f*ked...there are alot of holes in this team that needs to get patched up ...i bet you if coach sing was hired by a good team and does well ...all of us in here would be sayin that we should've hired this guy..blah blah blah

I simply don't believe that any quality organization or GM worth their salt would have made this hire. Heck, Baylor wouldn't hire the guy. Listen, he's a nice guy, a passionate guy, but not the guy you want coaching your team on Sundays. This is the perfect year to cut ties quickly and move in a competent direction. Even the Browns are starting get it. We can't afford to be asleep anymore.
Depends how the team plays Thursday
No I haven't, but I have certainly lost faith in some of the players on this team.