There are 159 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Have You Lost Faith in HC Mike Singletary?

Have You Lost Faith in HC Mike Singletary?

The jury is still out! I said last season when he was given the job that I was skeptical based on his lack of Head Coaching type of experience, and I still am. I hope he proves that he is everything we hoped he would be, otherwise look for another 5 years of mediocrity.
I haven't lost faith in Singletary, however when guys like him talk big, they need to back it up. All this "Don't Tell Me, Show Me" Stuff is easy to bark around to other players, but I hope he remembers to apply those lines to himself after four straight losses.

I just read an article where he said, "this is when I'm at my best"... yeah, we'll see about that mike.. we'll see...
Originally posted by JohnnyMo49:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by PTulini:
You guys should keep in mind as well that our 4 straight losses have come from very good teams! (Atlanta, Houston, Indianapolis, and Tennessee) Yes, Tennessee! They have a very good head coach and were 13-3 JUST LAST YEAR. They are a talented team. 3 of the 4 are playoff calliber teams.

I'm glad someone is seeing this. The Titans got back all of their players back last week against the Jaguars. Their Pro Bowler CB Finnegan and R. Hood. The Titans aren't as bad as their record shows. People thought this was going to be a easy win because of their record. They are still practically the same team last year just without Haynesworth. They have a great OL, elite RB, average WR's and a OK QB who did enough to win the game. He marched his team down field and won the game for them, unlike our QB who choked in the 4th quarter.

So it's okay because we're losing to good teams? I thought we were supposed to be good . . .

No it's not okay. ^^They don't think it's okay either, they are just providing a small justification in that we are not quite as good as the good teams we're facing. You thinking that they think it's okay isn't okay either.
We truly have some of the sh**** fans in the leauge....everybody was on Sings nuts at the end of last year and now people wanna jump ship....LOL....I didn't want to hire him in the first place because he was here the whole time apart of the Nolan Regime....but at least I know the guy needs more than a half of a season to achieve the results we all want..

Just like players it takes time for guys to Gel together. Patience faithful
Originally posted by Xestenz:
You guys should keep in mind as well that our 4 straight losses have come from very good teams! (Atlanta, Houston, Indianapolis, and Tennessee) Yes, Tennessee! They have a very good head coach and were 13-3 JUST LAST YEAR. They are a talented team. 3 of the 4 are playoff calliber teams.

I'm glad someone is seeing this. The Titans got back all of their players back last week against the Jaguars. Their Pro Bowler CB Finnegan and R. Hood. The Titans aren't as bad as their record shows. People thought this was going to be a easy win because of their record. They are still practically the same team last year just without Haynesworth. They have a great OL, elite RB, average WR's and a OK QB who did enough to win the game. He marched his team down field and won the game for them, unlike our QB who choked in the 4th quarter.

So it's okay because we're losing to good teams? I thought we were supposed to be good . . .

Losing to good teams just means that you aren't a good team.

Exactly my point.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I never had any faith. I'm not fooled by his rah, rah motivational speeches. He's a pretender.

What are the positives you see with this team going forward?

What do you feel needs to be done to fix this team?

What would you do to fix the problems you see for this team?

Absolutely not. Very good head coach, in my opinion. Not the great strategist of, say, other head coaches, but he makes up for it in other ways - motivation, catalyzing team chemistry (for themost part), bringing the best out in players (V.D.). This team will only go so far as our QB situation. Unfortunately, we just don't have "the guy" back there. Neither Smith nor Hill is the long-term answer for us. One or two strong additions on the O-line wouldn't hurt, either.

Go 9ers!!! Let's go Bear hunting!!!
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

No it's not okay. ^^They don't think it's okay either, they are just providing a small justification in that we are not quite as good as the good teams we're facing. You thinking that they think it's okay isn't okay either.

Justifying losses sounds a lot like making excuses IMO
He's a rookie coach. I'll give him another year, at LEAST but if he does not see that our most glaring hole BY FAR is our offensive line and not address this issue in the offseason, I will be very much disappointed and very much lose faith in the direction of our team. Or I will be calling, at the very LEAST, to fire Scot M. His talent evaluation has been at best sub-par beyond Patrick Willis (which I feel was just straight obvious).
No. I expected them to struggle.

The problem with the 49ers is lack of vision in the front office GM position, and ownership. I have lost faith in the ownership & GM a while ago. Singletary seems to have a very specific idea of what he wants to do, but on the other hand, you have a GM shopping for players with a different mindset. There is not a harmonious system in place. They have to either have very flexible coaches that can change their scheme based upon players that Mcloughan goes after, or have a GM that understands that they hired a coach with very specific plans on what kind of team they are going to be, and draft/sign specific types of players to fill needs, and not just "best overall player available".

[ Edited by djfullshred on Nov 9, 2009 at 16:51:43 ]
Originally posted by krizay:
I never had any faith. I'm not fooled by his rah, rah motivational speeches. He's a pretender.

We have talent, but not enough to beat more talented teams. Get more talent than the opposition, score more points then our opponent, win more games.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Justifying losses sounds a lot like making excuses IMO

No it's not okay, but that's the thing we don't have the same talent as the teams we are losing to. We aren't as bad as the Rams, Seahawks or Browns, but we don't have the talent like the Colts, Minnesota or Texans. Singletary can only do so much, he is bringing out the best out of all our players (VD, putting in Crabtree, Franklin etc) Fact is we still have a question mark at QB, s**tty OL, that alone will lose you games against the good teams. Have you noticed that we are losing to teams with good QB's? Manning, Favre, Schaub...Vince Young I don't consider good yet, but he was ROY once and he has that defense to back him up. It didn't help that Finnegan and Hood were healthy against us.

If we lost to the Rams, Hawks etc...then yes I would want Singletary out of here.

[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Nov 9, 2009 at 16:55:46 ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by djfullshred:
No. I expected them to struggle.

The problem with the 49ers is lack of vision in the front office GM position, and ownership. I have lost faith in the ownership & GM a while ago. Singletary seems to have a very specific idea of what he wants to do, but on the other hand, you have a GM shopping for players with a different mindset. There is not a harmonious system in place. They have to either have very flexible coaches that can change their scheme based upon players that Mcloughan goes after, or have a GM that understands that they hired a coach with very specific plans on what kind of team they are going to be, and draft/sign specific types of players to fill needs, and not just "best overall player available".

Sure, McCloughan has somewhat drafted well, but his view of repairing an injured team during the season is ridiculous. That's my problem with the team, but I think explained it much better.
I'm with him till he's canned...
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:

We have talent, but not enough to beat more talented teams. Get more talent than the opposition, score more points then our opponent, win more games.

Thank You. I was actually asking specifically.

[ Edited by krizay on Nov 9, 2009 at 16:57:14 ]