LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 230 users in the forums

Have You Lost Faith in HC Mike Singletary?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Have You Lost Faith in HC Mike Singletary?

You guys should keep in mind as well that our 4 straight losses have come from very good teams! (Atlanta, Houston, Indianapolis, and Tennessee) Yes, Tennessee! They have a very good head coach and were 13-3 JUST LAST YEAR. They are a talented team. 3 of the 4 are playoff calliber teams.
I think Singletary is doing as good a job as the talent on this team will let him. A substandard Oline has lead to an ineffective running game which in turn has contributed towards a less than stellar passing game.

This season, for me, was more about growth than playoffs. We have two high draft picks in 2010, one of which should be used to garner more picks. Can Scot get this job done? Do we have faith in McCloughan? is the question.
Originally posted by PTulini:
You guys should keep in mind as well that our 4 straight losses have come from very good teams! (Atlanta, Houston, Indianapolis, and Tennessee) Yes, Tennessee! They have a very good head coach and were 13-3 JUST LAST YEAR. They are a talented team. 3 of the 4 are playoff calliber teams.

I'm glad someone is seeing this. The Titans got back all of their players back last week against the Jaguars. Their Pro Bowler CB Finnegan and R. Hood. The Titans aren't as bad as their record shows. People thought this was going to be a easy win because of their record. They are still practically the same team last year just without Haynesworth. They have a great OL, elite RB, average WR's and a OK QB who did enough to win the game. He marched his team down field and won the game for them, unlike our QB who choked in the 4th quarter.

[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Nov 9, 2009 at 14:40:41 ]
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
I love the fact Singletary will do whatever it takes to win. Yank Hill, Open up the offense, start Crabtree. I almost have more faith in him. We just need better players.

this.

x3
I never had any faith. I'm not fooled by his rah, rah motivational speeches. He's a pretender.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
I have not lost faith in him. The strugles of the Offense can be blamed partially on management and ownership. Martz was a instrumental in the strong finish along with Sing's respect the players had for him, and that led to a strong finish last year.

Owners and GM didnot want Martz so they fired him. Also Scott could have told Sing that he should get an experience OC rather than have a first time OC.
  • TDking876
  • Info N/A
Look, he is in his first year as a coach. He has put the best players on the field and he does not take any BS from any player. He showed he had guts when he replaced hill with smith and replacing spencer with clements. I really can't name one bad decision he has made.
Jury is still out, but so far we seem no better in any phase of the game than under Nolan.

I'm willing to give him more time, but a few things give me pause:

The complete stated faith in an OC who has throughout his multi-decade career proven no more than mediocre

Sitting, for no good reason, a very good player like Jason Hill who could've been helping us for the prior 6 games.

For a motivational coach, this team comes out awfully flat - especially at home.

For a coach focused more on clean play and minimized mistakes than flashiness and big plays this team makes far too many mistakes.

2nd half struggles vrs. Colts, Texans, and Titans show lack of game adjustment capability. This will earn you losses in the NFL more often than not.

[ Edited by Xestenz on Nov 9, 2009 at 16:24:08 ]
no
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by crzy:
Singletary is not the reason we are losing games.

Alex Smith and Shaun Hill are losing us games.

In this league, you're only as good as you quarterback, and we have two of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL starting games for us.

Or is it the fact that our OL can't block for them?

both.

Dont forget about receivers not catching balls thrown their way.

Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I love the fact Singletary will do whatever it takes to win. Yank Hill, Open up the offense, start Crabtree. I almost have more faith in him. We just need better players.

this.

x3
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I never had any faith. I'm not fooled by his rah, rah motivational speeches. He's a pretender.

You don't really have faith in anything.

-9fA

I'm glad someone is seeing this. The Titans got back all of their players back last week against the Jaguars. Their Pro Bowler CB Finnegan and R. Hood. The Titans aren't as bad as their record shows. People thought this was going to be a easy win because of their record. They are still practically the same team last year just without Haynesworth. They have a great OL, elite RB, average WR's and a OK QB who did enough to win the game. He marched his team down field and won the game for them, unlike our QB who choked in the 4th quarter.

So it's okay because we're losing to good teams? I thought we were supposed to be good . . .
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

this.

x3
Originally posted by JohnnyMo49:

So it's okay because we're losing to good teams? I thought we were supposed to be good . . .

Losing to good teams just means that you aren't a good team.
Share 49ersWebzone