LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

Have You Lost Faith in HC Mike Singletary?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Have You Lost Faith in HC Mike Singletary?

I swear some of you think that the sky is falling!

[ Edited by PTulini on Nov 9, 2009 at 14:20:05 ]
Originally posted by PTulini:
I swear some of you think that the sky is falling!

In all fairness, there probably should be a spot for those to check that never had faith in his hiring. There has to be a couple out there that didn't buy into this, right?
We have pretty much the same team from last year. No big off season moves through FA. I still have faith we will address our needs next year through the draft and hopefully makes some big moves in FA. If not it's just going to be a repeat, it starts from the FO not Singletary. Sure there are some questionable moves by his part (benching Jason Hill, "power run team") for the most part he is learning from his mistakes and doing something about it. He is still a rookie HC, what I admire about him is the fire our players come out and play with, fact of the matter is that those pep talks can only get you so far. At least he makes changes when needed.

[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Nov 9, 2009 at 14:24:20 ]
I love the fact Singletary will do whatever it takes to win. Yank Hill, Open up the offense, start Crabtree. I almost have more faith in him. We just need better players.
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
I love the fact Singletary will do whatever it takes to win. Yank Hill, Open up the offense, start Crabtree. I almost have more faith in him. We just need better players.

this.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
The team didn't improve the roster much from last year so my expectations going into the season probably were a lot lower then some. I really didnt expect Sing to make to much of a dramatic difference. He cleaned up some of the things but this is still McNolan's team.

Sing deserves to bring in his type of players and then we can truly judge him.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

this.

x3
I am still a very big supporter of Coach Sing. I think the problems with this team are the O-line (we are just not that good on the line, especially with depth) also Qb and our secondary are big problems. Also, Alex is not the answer, he has no accuracy. I was against it before but I am starting to agree with some Zoners that maybe it is time to try Nate Davis as well.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Singletary is not the reason we are losing games.

Alex Smith and Shaun Hill are losing us games.

In this league, you're only as good as you quarterback, and we have two of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL starting games for us.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:

In this league, you're only as good as you quarterback, and we have two of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL starting games for us.

Or is it the fact that our OL can't block for them?

Originally posted by B650:

both.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

this.

x3

The guy is terrible.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by B650:

I'm sure you could come up with plenty of Alexcuses as to why Alex Smith lost yet another game.

The truth of the matter is....Alex gave the game away.

[ Edited by crzy on Nov 9, 2009 at 14:31:45 ]
I think Singletary is doing the best he can with a roster that is seriously lacking talent. I have lost faith in Scot's ability to see all the holes in the roster and make any aggressive moves to fix them.
Its hard to keep the faith when we're losing like we are. But i give him a pass for his first full year. Nolan had 3 1/2 years and regressed after the second season. Aslong as we continue to show that we will fix our mistakes and get better, better yet make the playoffs next season, then hes moving in the right direction. Its hard to say i still have faith though when we start 3-1 and have been 0-4 since..
Share 49ersWebzone